PDA

View Full Version : Album Cover Guessing Challenge

SirSam
05-11-2018, 09:40 AM
Hey, always loved this game so thought why not bring it back. Guess the albums I've put down below, some are fairly easy, others a little more obscure post the artist and album title below:

https://i.imgur.com/FEYrcCI.png?1

1. Radiohead - Ok Computer (Clive)
2. The Strokes - First Impressions of Earth (Clive)
3. Jet - Get Born (Steve)
4. The Foo Fighters - The Colour & The Shape (Steve)
5. Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Live in Hyde Park
6. The Shins - Port of Morrow
7. Linkin Park - Meteora (Steve)
8. Derek & The Dominos - Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs (Prime Time)
9. The Killers - Hot Fuss (Steve)

Scores
1. Steve - 4
2. 205Clive - 2
3. Prime Time - 2
Not guessed - 1

Winner gets to go next.

Steven
05-11-2018, 12:05 PM
3 is Get Born by Jet
4 is The Colour and the Shape by Foo Fighters
7 is Meteora by Linkin Park
9 is Hot fuss by The Killers

Those are the ones I'm pretty sure I definitely know. I also think that 1 may be By The Way by Red Hot Chili Peppers, but I'm not completely certain on that. Worth the guess, though.

SirSam
05-11-2018, 12:15 PM
Steve comes in hot with 4 correct guesses (I should have zoomed in more).

Your Red Hot Chili Peppers guess was wrong though.

I'll update the top bit tomorrow (am on my phone right now) but I'm impressed you got the Jet one, that was meant to be my slightly more difficult Aussie one that you guys may still have heard of so as to not make it impossible. Turns out they were bigger than I thought then.

Steven
05-11-2018, 12:22 PM
Are You Gonna Be My Girl was everywhere at the time. I bought the album for that song, specifically, and wound up enjoying it. Never bought anymore, though. That style of music was all over the place in that era and I frankly got kinda tired of it. Similar to the rap/rock stuff from the prior stretch of time. I liked some of it at first but eventually just got to where I hated hearing it.

Also damn. I thought I'd pulled one out of my ass with that RHCP guess. That really does resemble the cover to By The Way.

**edit**

I just looked up Get Born and I'd forgotten how strong that album was. Rollover DJ was alright, but I loved Look What You've Done and Cold Hard Bitch, in addition to Are You Gonna Be My Girl. I may have to give it a listen sometime soon, see what my ears think of it some 15 years later.

205 Clive
05-11-2018, 03:37 PM
1 - Radiohead - OK Computer
2 - The Strokes - First Impressions of Earth (Good album by the way)

SirSam
05-12-2018, 03:32 AM
205 Clive picks up two.

Steve, Get Born is absolutely the band's best work however two more songs from their latter catalouge that I really like are Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is and Rip It Up from their album Shine On. Well worth a quick listen if you liked Get Born. The lead singer Nic Cester also put out a solo album late last year, way more bluesy and far more toned down but I really dig his voice so I enjoyed it too.

To Clive, I absolutely agree that First Impressions is an incredibly underrated album. You Only Live Once is actually my favourite Strokes song and it has a whole bunch of other really strong songs on it, the first four songs You Only Live Once, Juicebox, Hearts in a Cage and Razorblade kick the album off in a really awesome way. It probably dies off a little towards the end but I still really like Ask Me Anything. I never got the critical apathay towards it when it came out. At the time it felt to me like the band got panned for doing something different to the sound of the first two albums after their second album was panned for being too similar to their first.

205 Clive
05-12-2018, 03:59 AM
I'm going to fish out that second album actually. You've taken me in a trip down memory lane with all those name drops there.

SirSam
05-16-2018, 12:37 AM
So clues time since we aren't getting much activity.
5. Is not a studio album.
6. Had a song used from it at one of the more significant points of the show How I Met Your Mother.
8. Has a song on it written about George Harrison's wife (guitarist for The Beatles).

The Dude
05-16-2018, 05:38 AM
8. Is possibly Eric Clapton but no idea what album

Prime Time
05-16-2018, 05:45 AM
It wouldn't be Layla, would it?

SirSam
05-16-2018, 08:20 AM
Clapton is in the band and Layla is the song but neither of those are the artist or the title of the album.

Prime Time
05-16-2018, 08:32 AM
Ah, sticking to the pedantry. Good for you. Derek and the Dominos and the full title is like Layla and assorted love songs or something. I don't know of anyone who ever says the whole thing, though.

SirSam
05-16-2018, 09:10 AM
Bang on the money Prime Time, Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs by Derek & The Dominos.

You gotta get the band right, Clapton wrote it but a big part of the electric version of Layla is Duane Allman on Slide Guitar.

That gives Prime time 1 point so Clive can tie Steve if he gets the two remaining album covers.

205 Clive
05-17-2018, 03:33 PM
#6 feels like it should be on the tip of my tongue. So many fucked up goat looking drawings on albums though.

#5 has the strand of hair on the tattoo. And I know WHO is is. But I can't find the album in their discography.

SirSam
05-18-2018, 11:35 PM
If you say who it is I'll let you know wrong or right.

With 6 you might say the album title is somewhere you may find a boat.

Prime Time
05-19-2018, 05:42 AM
Afraid I'm going to wreck it for you Clive, the Chilis one is the live at Hyde Park album isn't it?

SirSam
05-19-2018, 06:00 AM
Afraid I'm going to wreck it for you Clive, the Chilis one is the live at Hyde Park album isn't it?

That's the one.

Steve will win this once someone gets the final one. Just to summarise the clues:

1. Had a song used from it at one of the more significant points of the show How I Met Your Mother.
2. You might say the album title is somewhere you may find a boat.

If no one in 24 hours I'll add another clue.

SirSam
05-20-2018, 07:51 AM
Ok, another clue:
- The band for number 6 is a body part.

Prime Time
05-20-2018, 07:58 AM
Oh, that'll be The Shins then. I don't know any of their later albums, so if it's not Wincing the Night Away or earlier I'm not going to get it. I know right away it's not Oh, Inverted World.

SirSam
05-20-2018, 08:23 AM
The Shins is correct, Wincing the Night Away is not.

Prime Time
05-20-2018, 08:28 AM
No, I didn't think it was - just hoping that it helps someone else out really.

205 Clive
05-20-2018, 02:45 PM

ACH. Bloody live albums. Ah well. I'd never have guessed that one.

SirSam
05-22-2018, 05:28 AM
In the spirit of moving this along and since Steve has already won I'll give it 24 hours for someone to get any more picks in then I'll call it a wrap and give you the answer.

SirSam
05-24-2018, 07:40 AM
Ok, time to pack it up. The album was Port of Morrow by The Shins. It has the song Simple Song on it which is a huge favourite of mine and was played in the finale to season 8 of How I Met Your Mother, the first time the mother was pictured.

Steve wins!

On to the next round.

Steven
05-27-2018, 02:23 PM
Here we go. I intentionally tried to add in some more "contemporary" stuff since my tastes tend to run towards the older and that apparently confuses the bejeezus out of people.

There is no theme aside from the fact that I own and enjoy all of these albums.

https://images2.imgbox.com/80/ce/xw5OcGF9_o.png

1. Sublime by Sublime (meandi)
2. Millennium by Backstreet Boys (Gooner)
3. Halestorm by Halestorm (Prime Time)
4. Born This Way by Lady Gaga (meandi)
5. New Miserable Experience by Gin Blossoms (meandi)
6. Highway to Hell by AC/DC (Prime Time)
7. Dirt by Alice in Chains (Prime Time)
8. Songs About Jane by Maroon 5 (Gooner)
9. St. Anger by Metallica (meandi)

Prime Time
05-27-2018, 04:22 PM
Is 7) Dirt by AiC?

Steven
05-27-2018, 04:45 PM
It is. I figured that'd be the first to go.

meandi
05-27-2018, 06:43 PM
4- Lady Gaga; Born This Way

Steven
05-28-2018, 01:12 AM
Right on.

Gooner
05-28-2018, 07:23 AM
8. Maroon 5 - Songs about Jane

Steven
05-29-2018, 01:04 AM
Correctamundo.

Steven
05-29-2018, 07:52 PM
For the sake of keeping this moving along, I'll go ahead and make with some clues.

#1 produced five hit singles. Lou would be proud.

#2 actually predated its own name by about six and a half months.

The self-titled album from the band at #3 rocked, even though it brings to mind ice.

#5's title describes a blessing and a curse, as I suppose at least it's better to have a fresh batch of misery than wallow in the old stuff.

#6 is the one I thought would go first and is probably the most full on iconic of the bunch. Oh, well. I had good intentions.

#9 has some pretty good songs on it, though most "fans" of the band that produced it will go to their graves claiming it was an unsalvageable piece of tinny shit.

meandi
05-29-2018, 09:10 PM
Hints are fun...

I'm thinking #1 is Girls, Girls, Girls by Motley Crue, but I'm not 100% certain

I want to say so badly that #6 is something from Ozzy Osbourne, but I just can't place it

#9 is St. Anger by Metallica (should've known they would show up at some point given it's your image...)

Steven
05-29-2018, 10:29 PM
St. Anger is correct and is actually I think the second Metallica album I've done in one of these. They're so damn distinctive to me that I avoid putting them in due to them being so obvious. That said, perhaps they're not at all obvious to others so maybe I should reevaluate that stance.

Unfortunately you were wrong on both numbers 1 and 6.

Steven
05-31-2018, 07:32 PM
So are people just stumped and needing more clues or do people just not so much care about this thread at moment? The former is easily corrected. The latter would make me very sad.

Prime Time
05-31-2018, 07:38 PM
There's a few left that I could do with a clue on.

meandi
05-31-2018, 10:55 PM
Definitely interested in this thread... clues would be very beneficial

Steven
06-01-2018, 12:08 AM
Right on. Clues it is, then.

#1 is one of the most critically well regarded albums of its decade, to mention nothing of its rousing commercial success. It's too bad that a key member of the band didn't live to see this success pan out.

The band from #2 was, for a time, definitely larger than life as this album still holds the US record for most albums shipped in a single year with 11 million. It also stands as one of the best selling albums of all time, selling over 30 million copies worldwide.

#3 is the self-titled, debut studio album by a band you'll likely be hearing a good bit of on WWE programming over the next few weeks.

#5 is the biggest album from a somewhat forgotten '90s band that sounds like something that Snoop Dogg and Martha Stewart would whip up on their show.

The title track from #6 features one of the most iconic and instantly recognizable riffs in rock history, a song that the band in question plays to this day despite boasting only one remaining original member.

Gooner
06-01-2018, 03:58 AM
Ha... Larger than life, that will be 2. Backstreet Boys - Millennium

Prime Time
06-01-2018, 04:28 AM
That helps on a couple.

I know Halestorm are doing an NXT theme and self-titled makes that a pretty easy one to guess, so 'Halestorm' for #3.

And #6 has dropped into place,- 'Highway to Hell' by AC/DC.

Steven
06-01-2018, 07:37 PM
Those are all correct. Just two remain.

SirSam
06-02-2018, 12:33 AM
I'm racking my brains but am struggling to come up with anything. Sorry Steve.

Steven
06-02-2018, 02:22 PM
I suppose I'm the one who should apologize. I apparently have vague as fuck musical tastes.

If you were to stack two green citrus fruits, #1 would be the one on the bottom. It could also be a green citrus that has somehow been rigged to travel deep underwater and perhaps house Sean Connery or Steven Seagal.

I seem to be the only one who gives a shit about #5 these days, despite the fact that I still hear their songs pretty regularly on the radio. Though not on this album, those songs include such noteworthy hits as Til I Hear It From You and Follow You Down.

meandi
06-02-2018, 03:48 PM
#1 is Sublimeís self-titled album
#5 is Gin Blossomís New Miserable Experience

Prime Time
06-02-2018, 04:32 PM
From what I can tell you needed an American to get the Gin Blossoms. They don't seem to have made much of a dent outside North America.

meandi
06-02-2018, 04:37 PM
Honestly, it didnít even click until Steve gave song titles. They didnít last too long around here, either, from what I remember.

Steven
06-03-2018, 04:52 PM
The Gins had a pretty solid run from their debut album in 1992 until they split in early '97. That's not a bad run at all. They had 4 singles and 2 albums that charted in the UK and 3 singles, 2 albums that charted in Australia. If you listen to any sort of channel that plays 90s hits, you'll definitely hear some Gin Blossoms. Though their run was somewhat short lived, the songs produced stand out as some of the most played of the decade.

Sublime was a monster hit, though. I honestly thought it'd be guessed pretty early on, as everyone I knew had that album back in the day.

Both are correct, obviously. meandi with the win. You're up.

Prime Time
06-03-2018, 05:08 PM
I did see that they'd charted here, but as the albums didn't crack the top 40 (kind of our mark that really designate a hit) which is why I didn't think anyone would get it. Looks like a couple of the singles did a little better here. Could literally be that I'm a couple of years younger, but yeah, I don't think I've ever heard them on the radio so after the first release I think they'd have just disappeared from our consciousness.

It's interesting how different bands fare like that internationally because some do better away from their home market, too.

meandi
06-04-2018, 08:06 AM
So... can you guys tell me how to actually make the pic so I can get it posted at some point?

Prime Time
06-04-2018, 08:10 AM
Well there's a number of ways to do them. Someone else might have a better one, but mine is https://ipiccy.com/

I edit the photos down to the bit I want and save them, and when I have 9 I use the collage function to put them all together.

SirSam
06-04-2018, 08:35 AM
My tip is when you google images make sure you search for large images so it isn't too pixelly when you cut it down. I also aim for a 600 x 600 pixel canvas and each album takes up 200 x 200 pixels

meandi
06-04-2018, 09:25 AM
Thanks. Iíll play around with it tonight when I get home from work and hopefully have something by the end of the night.

Steven
06-04-2018, 12:39 PM
I tend to use the same method as Sam. I use paint.net to do it, which is like a free extremely base level version of Photoshop. Prime's way seems to work just fine, though. I guess it's whatever is easier for each individual.

The Dude
06-04-2018, 05:09 PM
I'd love to do one of these album things, but that's means winning one first of all and then making the bastard thing.

I'm pretty sure I could put some really obscure/abstract metal albums up people don't know and a few easy ones.

meandi
06-04-2018, 10:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IGDS8Ui.png

Ugh... finally figured all this out. Posting it was the hardest part. Anyways... there's a theme, but if I say what it is, I'm pretty sure this will take no time at all to figure out. So, yeah...go.

1 Britney Spears - Britney (Steve)
2 Katy Perry - Teenage Dream (SirSam)
3 Christina Aguilera - Stripped (SirSam)
5 Kesha - Animal (Gooner)
6 Rihanna - Rated R (Gooner)
7 Madonna - Music (SirSam)
9 Taylor Swift - Red

Scores

SirSam - 3
Gooner - 2
Steve - 1
PrimeTime - 1

SirSam
06-04-2018, 10:27 PM
This is embarrassing

2- Teenage Dream by Katy Perry
3- Stripped by Christina Aguleria

I guess I was a frequent visitor of the guilty pleasures thread on the old board.

4 is givng me some serious flashbacks too.

meandi
06-04-2018, 11:07 PM
Correct on both, sir.

And, yes... it is kind of embarrassing.

SirSam
06-04-2018, 11:14 PM
Eh, a good song is a good song no matter if it is pop or whatever else.

As for Stripped, well lets just say that some of the video clips were early teenage Sir Sam's favourite 'work' by any female singer.

meandi
06-04-2018, 11:19 PM
Pretty sure I know exactly which video youíre talking about. And then that Maxim cover spread she did shortly thereafter...

Steven
06-05-2018, 12:41 AM
#1 is definitely Britney by my future wife, Britney Spears.

SirSam
06-05-2018, 12:49 AM
Wait, I just noticed the M in the corner of number 7. Is it Music by Madonna?

meandi
06-05-2018, 12:56 AM
Steve and SirSam, you are both correct

Steven
06-05-2018, 01:04 AM
I'm also going to assume that the theme is that all the albums are by female artists.

I feel like I recognize both #3 and #5 but can't make it click for the life of me. And I know that #9 is a picture of Taylor Swift, but I couldn't name one of her albums if you forced me at gunpoint. She's one of those artists that I only know some of the songs, not the albums.

Odd fact, but apparently a few of Taylor's songs meld perfectly with Sami Zayn's entrance theme. Check it out on YouTube. Kinda fun.

Anywho, I'm thinking that may be all I get from this one, as I'm woefully uninformed as it pertains to modern music, which is what I assume most of these are.

meandi
06-05-2018, 01:09 AM
Steve, you are correct with the theme. Thought it might be fun to just throw up a bunch of female pop artists.

Iíll have to check out the Sami Zayn/Taylor Swift stuff. Funny side note... I didnít see you put ďSamiĒ at first, and I totally thought you were about to say how awesome the Zayn/Taylor song from some soundtrack (one of the 50 Shades movies, maybe?) was.

Also... itís not completely all modern stuff. Some of the albums are a decade old at this point.

Steven
06-05-2018, 01:28 AM
"Modern" to me tends to mean anything released since, like, 2005-ish. For instance, I have vague knowledge of the fact that some pop singer named Zayn exists, and that he was in one of the more recent (probably over a decade old at this point) boy bands or something. That said, I have zero clue who he is. Couldn't pick him out of a lineup, have never knowingly heard one of his songs, had no clue whatsoever that he had done a song with Taylor Swift.

I don't hate on that sort of music at all, of course. It's just that growth within my musical tastes came to a halt some time ago. I mostly listen to the same bands and stuff that I was listening to in high school these days.

As sign that I'm old, though, is that when you said "a decade old" my mind immediately went to the 90s. This time shit just keeps on slipping by me somehow.

Gooner
06-05-2018, 04:00 AM
6. Rated R by Rihanna. And I have no shame in knowing that.
5. Animal by Kesha. That one I do have shame in knowing...

Prime Time
06-05-2018, 04:37 AM
Can't add much except the Swift album is, I believe, called Red.

meandi
06-05-2018, 07:47 AM
As sign that I'm old, though, is that when you said "a decade old" my mind immediately went to the 90s. This time shit just keeps on slipping by me somehow.

If youíre old, then so am I. From what I gather from columns, weíre only about a year or two difference in age. I have teenage daughters, though, so maybe that explains why I tend to keep up with current stuff more.

Gooner and PrimeTime, youíre both correct.

Prime Time
06-05-2018, 08:36 AM
I'm in the same boat as Sam in that 4) is making some neurons fire somewhere in my brain but I can't dredge the name of it for the life of me.

meandi
06-05-2018, 08:56 AM
I figured 4 would be the most difficult. Itís the newest artist out of all the rest, and youíd honestly have to be up to date on current pop music to get that one.

Prime Time
06-05-2018, 09:09 AM
With that clue I knew I wouldn't get it, cheated, and found it in seconds.

Never heard of it though. It must just look like another cover and my brain is playing a trick on me. Unless I saw it on TV or the 'net somewhere and I'm subconsciously remembering it.

meandi
06-06-2018, 12:07 AM
Should I go ahead and throw up some hints? Or should we just shoot this one down? Apparently thereís a few people that know female pop... but I mightíve taken it a tad overboard.

Steve... just checked out that Sami Zayn/Taylor Swift video. Someone needs to tweet that to her so she can make a little medley during her super-duper stadium tour that she just started. That video was absolutely amazing.

Steven
06-06-2018, 12:19 AM
Way too early to shoot it down. Throw out those clues. I'm sure that the more generally mainstream nature of the albums in question will make them more identifiable than my apparently vague 90s old man stuff. lol

meandi
06-06-2018, 12:23 AM
Steve... just made an edit to my previous post directed to you... look up

#4... She grew up with music from the early to mid 90s, and also had legal marijuana.

#8... She went on spring break once and didnít like the outcome.

Steven
06-06-2018, 11:21 AM
The Taylor/Sami stuff really is great. Especially the Shake It Off one. That shit was in my head for a couple days after hearing it.

Prime Time
06-12-2018, 07:02 AM
Maybe time to consider more clues?

Steven
06-12-2018, 11:15 AM
I second that emotion.

meandi
06-12-2018, 01:53 PM
Yeah... I was pretty drunk when I threw up those first clues. My bad. Maybe these will help a bit more.

#4... While having some moderate success prior, this artist really started finding fame after linking up with The Chainsmokers for one of their biggest hits

#8... She was the most followed on Instagram in 2016 and 2017

SirSam
06-13-2018, 01:30 PM
Is Number 4 Halsey?

meandi
06-13-2018, 09:44 PM
Am I allowed to give a point for just the artist? Or does it have to be the actual album, as well?

SirSam
06-14-2018, 03:58 AM
She has one album I know Badlands but I know it doesn't look like that. It is all black.

Prime Time
06-14-2018, 04:03 AM
It's always been the album we've been guessing so far, so if we're going to be consistent I'd say no points for artist alone.

I know the most followed person on Instagram is Selena Gomez but I couldn't tell you anything about her music at all. Hopefully it will help someone else though.

meandi
06-14-2018, 09:31 PM
So... weíve got the final two artists correct; just waiting on album titles now

SirSam
06-14-2018, 09:59 PM
The only way I'd be able to get either is cheating.

Prime Time
06-15-2018, 10:31 AM
Gooner can still nick this one, so he needs a chance to try and do that. But given we've got the artists and still don't know the albums I'd say that if he hasn't by Monday, then just revealing the answers and moving on to Sam's go is probably the best way - unless anyone objects to that?

Gooner
06-15-2018, 10:40 AM
Oh, I have no ideas. Move ahead to the next round :)

Prime Time
06-20-2018, 07:10 AM
No guesses in days, everyone on the board essentially passing, and no news in around a week from the setter... I'm going to call this one done. We can maybe get the final results at some point.

But for now, SirSam is the winner and can set the next one.

meandi
06-22-2018, 03:06 PM
Sorry guys... life has been hectic lately, and while the last two artists were guessed correctly, the album titles never were. Nuke this one and start up another one so you guys can move on.

Steven
06-27-2018, 11:29 AM
Just a bump to remind that Sam's up next. I know he's been on holiday and stuff and may not have noticed.

SirSam
06-28-2018, 01:30 AM
Here it is, sorry for the delay.

The theme for this one is that they are all albums that were in my most 20 most listened list for 2017. There are some I expect some of you to get quick smart, some I will frankly be surprised if anyone gets but I wanted to up the difficulty after my first two of these basically went to whoever got in first.

Good luck peeps.

https://i.imgur.com/jcSGbF4.png

7. Metallica - Hardwired to Self Destruct (Steve)
8. Foo Fighters - Concrete & Gold (Steve)

Steven
06-28-2018, 11:35 AM
I believe this is the first one of these where I don't recognize a single one right off the bat. Could have to do with the fact that I have only cursory knowledge of modern music.

SirSam
06-28-2018, 06:12 PM
Steve I guarantee you know at least two.

Steven
06-29-2018, 11:00 AM
Is 7 Hardwired... To Self Destruct by Metallica?

No others are leaping out at me, but that could well be due to the fact that both times I've given it a look have been right after getting home from work. I've been reading bar codes and numbers so long that my brain is fried. Perhaps revisiting it later will help in that regard.

SirSam
06-30-2018, 04:38 AM
Yes indeed that is Hardwired to Self Destruct. One to Steve.

SirSam
07-02-2018, 12:00 AM
If I don't get any other guesses in the next 24 hours I'll pop up some vauge clues.

Prime Time
07-02-2018, 03:47 AM
Probably a good idea. I'm seeing nothing at the moment.

Steven
07-02-2018, 06:36 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking I need some clues.

SirSam
07-04-2018, 08:22 AM
1. The lead singer has a very deep voice
2. The band is named after a famous government policy that has left a lot of young men in jail.
3. The band is named after a long running 'war'.
4. Deaders
5. The first language of the artist is Korean
6. Bunch of Teenagers
8. Surface and Colour
9. Famous Irish Punk band

Prime Time
07-04-2018, 08:50 AM
Irish Punk? Shit, are there any? I mean there's Undertones and Stiff Little Fingers I guess but I don't recognise the cover.

Unless you mean Irish Punk as in Irish style - most of the famous ones are American, I believe. Could be something like Dropkick Murphy's I guess.

But yeah, not getting a lot more immediately.

SirSam
07-04-2018, 08:51 AM
Dropkick Murphy's is the correct band.

Prime Time
07-05-2018, 09:06 AM
Ah OK. Then I'm guessing it's a fairly new one as I don't recognise it at all. Unless if it is earlier I suppose it could be live, or a compilation?

meandi
07-05-2018, 12:16 PM
DKM is one of my favorite bands, but that album doesnít look like any of their covers from The Warriorís Way on, so Iím gonna guess itís earlier than that and go with Blackout.

SirSam
07-11-2018, 09:10 AM
Well seems I may have gone a little too hard. So I'll post my clues again and add some more:

CLUE 1
2. The band is named after a famous government policy that has left a lot of young men in jail.
4. Deaders
6. Bunch of Teenagers
8. Surface and Colour

CLUE 2
1. They have a song at the climax of the movie Warrior
2. The album title is the opposite of understanding something.
3. In relation to the artist. Kids born between the 50-80s could be called _____ ______ Kids
4. They guys murdered something and it was really really good.
5. This is an indie Korean artist and the album is a numer of a famous sporting jumper in football, cricket and basketball
6. Going Longer but not in the darkness
8. The singer in the band famously broke his leg in the middle of a gig but played on
9. PT worked out it was the Dropkick Murphys and it is one of their newer albums.

Steven
07-11-2018, 04:37 PM
8 is Concrete and Gold by Foo Fighters.

That's about all I got at moment.

SirSam
07-12-2018, 08:27 AM
Foo Fighters Concrete & Gold is correct. 2 points to Steve.

Prime Time
07-13-2018, 07:29 AM
Sorry Sam, but I'm even struggling to get to grips with some of the clues....

SirSam
07-14-2018, 05:12 AM
After going too easy to start with I feel I may have gone too obscure here. I think Oli and Rob would know some based on previous things they have put up in here and also generally in the music section but it doesn't look like either of them are in here.

I dunno how much further I can go without just giving up the answers.

Steven
07-14-2018, 02:38 PM
Sorry, mate. I gotta say, I'm the "music guy" to virtually everyone I know in the really real world but man, some of the stuff you guys come with make me feel like a music simpleton, as I often have never even heard of some of the artists or albums.

I guess we all have our strong and weak suits.

The Dude
07-14-2018, 05:23 PM
Same here. I'm the music and guitar obsessed guy in my real life circle, but I don't have a clue of any of those album covers.. Admittedly I tend to look back and not forward most of the time when it comes to music. I don't get a lot of new music or it takes a while to grow on me a lot of the time with coaxing from my friends.

I might have even been cool if I'd got into deathcore when it was popular as I played guitar and stuff but I largely ignored it and listened to older stuff and then finally got into it later. I still prefer a good old "Shred" but that's a dirty word in metal nowadays it seems.

Anyway, back on topic, you've kicked our asses with impossible to guess album covers haha

Prime Time
07-17-2018, 04:19 AM
I dunno how much further I can go without just giving up the answers.

Some are hard to give more clues for some, but a few - 1,2,3,4,6 - have been kinda cryptic, so you could always try a clue that is more 'straight' for those ones?

I will say I used to have a real broad knowledge of music but damned if I could name a single Korean indie star.

SirSam
07-19-2018, 07:55 AM
Ok I'll post all the clues again and another round. If that doesn't help then we'll give it to Steve and move on.

CLUE 1
4. Deaders
6. Bunch of Teenagers

CLUE 2
1. They have a song at the climax of the movie Warrior
2. The album title is the opposite of understanding something.
3. In relation to the artist. Kids born between the 50-80s could be called _____ ______ Kids
4. They guys murdered something and it was really really good.
5. This is an indie Korean artist and the album is a numer of a famous sporting jumper in football, cricket and basketball
6. Going Longer but not in the darkness
9. PT worked out it was the Dropkick Murphys and it is one of their newer albums.

CLUE 3
1. Album won the 2017 Grammy Award for Best Alternative Album
2. The policy I was talking about was instituted by Richard Nixon and involved primarily combating activities in Central & South America and also targetted particularly low socio-economic areas in urban America. Something about a war.
3. This war that the band is somewhat named after symbolically ended when a wall was torn down in the year I was born.
4. As of March 2018 the band's biggest song had been in the the UK Top 100 single chart for 200 straight weeks despite being released a decade ago.
5. The album title is the number Michael Jordan wears on his back.
6. 2017 ARIA winners of Best Group and the album won Best Rock Album and Best Album
9. The Dropkick Murphys - It is the oppsotie of 11 Long stories of happiness and downfall

Prime Time
07-19-2018, 08:02 AM
I've worked out who some of the bands are (I think) but all that's really given me is the knowledge that I never had a shot, haha.

Gooner
07-19-2018, 08:48 AM
CLUE 3
5. The album title is the number Michael Jordan wears on his back.

Oh, so obviously Adele - 23

CLUE 1

CLUE 2

Ah.

meandi
07-19-2018, 12:15 PM
^ Iím not entirely positive, but Iím pretty sure Adele isnít Korean

SirSam
07-22-2018, 08:13 AM
Ok I'm gona call an end to this. Sorry for going a little too left field, after going too easy before I massively over corrected. Hopefully I didn't kill the thred. Here are the images of the cut down and then the full albums:

https://i.imgur.com/jcSGbF4.png

https://i.imgur.com/3PrZJIX.png

1. The National - Sleep Well Beast
2. The War on Drugs - A Deeper Understanding
3. Cold War Kids - La Divine
4. The Killers - Wonderful Wonderful
5. HYUKOH - 23
6. Gang of Youths - Go Father In Lightness
7. Metallica - Hardwired To Self-Destruct (Steve)
8. Foo Fighters - Concrete & Gold (Steve)
9. Dropkick Murphys - 11 Short Stories of Pain & Glory

Scores
Steve - 2

I guess that means Steve gets the win and it is his next.

As a side note I would recommend all of these albums, they were amongst my most played in 2017 and are full of really great songs. Let me know if you do have a listen and discover something new you enjoy.

Steven
07-23-2018, 06:29 PM
Nothing wrong with having eclectic music tastes, I say. I've honestly never heard of some of those bands or albums even once in my life. But hell, they must be doing something right, you know?

Here's my latest offering. It's a really random mix but I think most of them are from easy to moderate difficulty, with the possible exception of one (maybe two) somewhat less well known.

https://images2.imgbox.com/3b/3f/BBMYqlMg_o.png

1) Worlds Collide by Apocalyptica (Skul)
2) Hotel California by The Eagles (Rob S.)
3) ...And Justice For All by Metallica (Dude)
4) Sap by Alice in Chains (Dude)
5) Hellbilly Deluxe by Rob Zombie (meandi)
6) Echo by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (Prime Time)
7) The Sign by Ace of Base (nobody)
8) Ten by Pearl Jam (Dude)
9) Stay Hungry by Twisted Sister (Prime Time)

The Dude
07-24-2018, 07:33 AM
3. Justice for all by Metallica
4. Sap by Alice in chains
8. Ten by pearl jam

Number 5 is bothering me, I'm sure i know it.

meandi
07-24-2018, 07:55 AM
5 is Hellbilly Deluxe by Rob Zombie

Steven
07-24-2018, 04:27 PM
All correct so far.

Rob S.
07-26-2018, 03:16 PM
2 is Eagles- Hotel California.

The Dude
07-26-2018, 05:07 PM
I thought I recognized that one!

Steven
07-27-2018, 05:13 PM
Hotel California is correct. I honestly thought that one may go first, as it's pretty iconic and hard to disguise.

Skulduggery
07-29-2018, 04:24 PM
1 - Worlds Collide from Apocalyptica?

Steven
07-29-2018, 08:58 PM
You are correct, sir.

Here are some hints for the remaining ones.

#6 is an album that the Hall of Fame artist that made it hated until late in his unfortunately shortened life, as it was written about his rather acrimonious divorce.

#7 may make you Yield or even Stop with recognition. Unfortunately this hint may be your One Way to figure it out without hitting a nostalgia Dead End.

#9 is akin to what would be produced if Nikki Cross recorded an album about what Ghandi must've repeated over and over while fasting.

Skulduggery
07-30-2018, 07:57 AM
7 - Signs of Life from Billy Squier?

Steven
07-30-2018, 02:29 PM
Nope, not Billy Squier.

Prime Time
07-30-2018, 05:13 PM
Just seen this one, 9) looks like Stay Hungry by Twisted Sister. Not ashamed to say I like that one a lot.

Steven
08-01-2018, 12:05 PM
You are absolutely right. And no reason to be ashamed. That album is fuckin' solid from top to bottom and produced hit songs that people recognize easily to this day.

Prime Time
08-03-2018, 06:01 AM
6) has just clicked. Echo, by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

I don't think I've got anything on 7) though.

Steven
08-05-2018, 03:51 PM
Echo is correct. Great album.

#7 is one that is pretty closely linked with a certain period in the 1990s, so much so that even South Park had some fun with it when a frozen man from that era was defrosted and set up to live in "his natural environment". Come on, guys, I know you know this one. Just open up your eyes.

Prime Time
08-06-2018, 06:22 AM
Haha, I remember that episode. I also remember the band but I only knew singles by them, never had an album. So I can't get it without cheating.

Steven
08-12-2018, 11:31 PM
The biggest single has the same name as the album.

I'm calling this one. It's The Sign by Ace of Base.

The Dude wins. I think that's this will be the first one he's done. I'm kinda excited to see what you bring, man.

The Dude
08-13-2018, 05:52 AM
I don't know how to do it, do I need photoshop? I'll give it a go and if I'm too dense to manage someone else can take a shot.

Prime Time
08-13-2018, 06:33 AM
Nah you don't need photoshop. I use a free site called ipiccy and the collage maker on there, I think Steve uses Paint... Plen of other options too, I'm sure.

The Dude
08-13-2018, 07:54 AM
There's an obvious theme if you know me lol. Some are easier than others. Cheers Prime, that site made it easy as piss to make.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/chrisbish/iPiccy-collage.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/chrisbish/media/iPiccy-collage.jpg.html)

1) Crowbar - Sonic Excess in it's Purist Form
2) Suicide Silence - No Time to Bleed
3) Lamb of God - Sacrament
4) Acid Bath - When the Kite String Pops
5) Slipknot - All hope is Gone (Prime)
6) Pantera - The Great Southern Trendkill
7) Kyuss - ...And the Circus Leaves Town
8) Five Finger Death Punch - The Way of the Fist
9) Black Label Society - 1919 Eternal

meandi
08-14-2018, 12:03 AM
Iím going to guess the theme is a bunch of obscure metal albums. I havenít the slightest on any of them, though.

The Dude
08-14-2018, 05:43 AM
Metal, yes but I'd say only 2 of them are obscure. I doubt anyone will get 1 and 4.

Prime Time
08-14-2018, 06:47 AM
Not a scooby but I'll have a guess to try and get things rolling.

5) Slipknot, Dead Memories.

The Dude
08-14-2018, 08:03 AM
Very, very close. That song is on the album. I don't know whether to just give you the point or not lol

Prime Time
08-14-2018, 08:34 AM
Wait, that's not the name of the album? Well fuck.

The Dude
08-14-2018, 08:43 AM
Fuck it, close enough and it looks like I'm going to have to give clues soon.

Prime Time
08-14-2018, 08:46 AM
I'd give it a couple of days, not everyone gets on every day.

Prime Time
08-20-2018, 08:11 AM
OK probably could offer up a few clues now, lol.

The Dude
08-21-2018, 07:36 AM
Ok, I'm going to give ridiculously easy clues and I don't mind if you cheat coz otherwise nobodies going to get them it seems.

1. Sludge metal band from New Orleans that was once noted as one of the literally fattest bands bodyweight wise.
2. I suggested to Steve to listen to them ages ago. The singer died in a motorbike accident.
3. I know at least one guy on the board likes them. NOT a Christian metal band!!
4. Ah, this band nobodies going to get. Sludge metal again and haven't been together since the 90s. The lead singer now does folk and the lead guitarist is in a black metal band. The album cover was drawn by a clown in prison.
6. If you know me this is easy. Groove metallers most disturbing album with Seth Putnam helping out on vocals.
7. Surprised nobody got this, the fathers of Stoner Rock's last studio album.
8. Although nowdays they're capitalist pigs, this album was more anti-relgion, it's their debut and theres a number in their name.
9. The main man of the band is an insanely good guitarist that has played with Ozzy and Slash

Prime Time
08-25-2018, 09:05 AM
I don't know any of these but I'll add some bands, to see if that helps anyone else.

Based on clues I'd guess 6) will be a Pantera album, 7) will be a Kyuss album, and the guitarist for 9) sounds like Zakk Wylde which makes me think it'll be Black Label Society.

Can't get more than that without cheating.

The Dude
08-25-2018, 11:22 AM
Yes to all three. This is really going nowhere... If there's a next time, I'm going to make it 10x easier or more.

meandi
08-25-2018, 11:45 AM
The clue to #3 makes me think As I Lay Dying since they typically get grouped into the Christian metal/hardcore scene.

The Dude
08-25-2018, 02:59 PM
Nah, that's wrong. It's not a Hardcore band, more traditional and they typically use Drop D tuning on every song for another hint.

Like I said before, next time I'm going to make this a LOT easier. I honestly thought there was more metalheads on the board, but that could be me reminiscing on ages ago.

The Dude
08-30-2018, 09:24 AM
Should we call it a day? I don't wanna kill this thread.

Prime Time
09-06-2018, 06:23 AM
I guess you can. Doesn't look like anyone can get any.

The Dude
09-06-2018, 11:11 AM
Ok Prime dude, you're up.

Prime Time
09-07-2018, 07:35 AM
OK then. I've gone pretty easy I think. Every album here was commercially successful, I believe they were all #1 on the BillBoard chart in the 1990s. While I'm not entirely sure the albums are roughly in chronological order, as an extra clue.

https://images2.imgbox.com/03/5a/WhMrV2gE_o.jpg

1)
2)
3)
4)
5) Pink Floyd, The Division Bell, The Dude
6)
7)
8) Creed, Human Clay, meandi
9) Backstreet Boys, Millennium, Gooner

Gooner
09-07-2018, 08:08 AM
9. Backstreet Boys - Millenium

The Dude
09-08-2018, 05:08 AM
No. 5 is the division Bell by pink Floyd

Prime Time
09-08-2018, 01:35 PM
You are both correct. Plenty left up there, though!

meandi
09-09-2018, 12:58 AM
8 is Human Clay by Creed

Prime Time
09-10-2018, 07:00 AM
Correct, three down.

Prime Time
09-13-2018, 06:00 PM
Clues needed?

The Dude
09-14-2018, 08:54 AM
For me, yes. I'm sure I know number 3 but can't think what it is.

Gooner
09-14-2018, 09:08 AM
I know the band for 4, but not the album name.

Prime Time
09-16-2018, 09:06 AM
1) Popular, commercial rap album from 1990 that went platinum a whole lot of times over, containing one of the most famous songs of that era.

2) This is the last album of new material by the first non-classical musician to be awarded the Steinway award, and was released in 1993 with a painting by the artist's wife on the cover.

3) Turn a continent into an animal habitat to get this 1993 album, the fourth straight US number one album for the group.

4) The first album for this English band since their biggest, which was released in 1987 and went platinum in at least six countries. This 1992 one did very well too, going triple platinum in the US and featuring some of their most famous songs. The title is a nonsense word, but if it were a real thing a rough translation would be to add an important hormone to something.

6) This 1996 album didn't do as well as it's three predecessors but still topped the billboard charts, and actually outperformed it's immediate predecessor in the UK. The band have had to deny that their name is a slang term for masturbation, while the album title itself might also be rendered as 'without system (or cipher)'.

7) This 1997 hip-hop album has possibly the most appropriate title ever, and includes a song so famous even I know it. Anyone who wants more of a clue than this, I don't know what they want from me.

There you go, see how you get on with those.

Prime Time
09-21-2018, 05:33 AM
Still nothing? More clues needed or are people just not playing anymore?

Gooner
09-21-2018, 12:29 PM
More clues for me, though I doubt I'd get them anyway...

Prime Time
09-25-2018, 10:32 AM
1) Really not sure I know how to give another clue for this without giving it away. I guarantee you that everyone here knows the most successful song on the album. It was parodied by Weird Al Yankovic and the Miami Dolphins.

2) Appropriate enough that he won a Steinway award given the instrument this guy is most famous for playing.

3) This one is by a band that was considered the biggest in the world at one point, though the boys from Clontarf aren't always the most popular now.

4) This album features the songs 'Let's Get Rocked' and 'Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad'/

6) This is one of four alternative covers for this album by a famous grunge band, each made of fragments of 30 polaroids.

7) As well as the main rapper, one of the most famous of the 1990s, this album features contributions by a range of guest artists, including Jay-Z, Lil' Kim, Puff Daddy, and R Kelly.

Prime Time
09-30-2018, 12:12 PM
Giving this until some time tomorrow for some one to win it, otherwise we'll say Gooner is the winner for the first correct answer and I'll reveal the last few.

Prime Time
10-01-2018, 09:51 AM
OK, so that's time and Gooner wins.

The correct answers were:

1) MC Hammer, Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em
2) Billy Joel, River of Dreams
3) U2, Zooropa
4) Def Leppard, Adrenalize
6) Pearl Jam, No Code
7) Notorious BIG, Life After Death

As these were all commercial successes and most weren't guessed I think it speaks to just how easy it is to make these too tough!

Gooner
10-01-2018, 05:26 PM
I'll try and get round to this tomorrow.

Gooner
10-04-2018, 10:18 AM
No theme

https://images2.imgbox.com/82/a5/zI734XoT_o.jpg

1) Rio - Duran Duran (Prime Time)
2) Abbey Road - Beatles (The Dude)
3) London Calling - The Clash (Prime Time)
4)
5) Enema of the State - Blink 182 (Prime Time)
6) Dookie - Green Day (Prime Time)
7) The Circus - Take That (For the love of Terry Funk)
8) Original Pirate Material - The Streets (The Dude)
9) Purple Rain - Prince (Prime Time)

The Dude
10-04-2018, 11:09 AM
no.2 is Abbey Road by The beatles

I think no 4 is Hooray for Boobies by Bloodhound Gang...

Prime Time
10-04-2018, 11:15 AM
Is 5) Enema of the State and 6) Dookie?

Also sure I know 9) but it's not immediately jumping out at me.

Edit:scratch that, 9) Purple Rain?

Gooner
10-04-2018, 11:23 AM
4 is not correct. 3 for Prime, 1 for The Dude.

The Dude
10-04-2018, 11:29 AM
No 8 is Original Pirate Material by The Streets (I think)

Also, I meant number 5 but I was wrong anywasy lol

Gooner
10-04-2018, 11:44 AM
Correct

Gooner
10-08-2018, 05:57 AM
Are we in need for clues?

Prime Time
10-08-2018, 06:29 AM
Is three London Calling, by The Clash.

Regardless of the answer I'd need clues to get anything else.

Gooner
10-08-2018, 08:51 AM
It is, that's 4 for Prime.

1. Album name is a three letter word that would have been appropriate for the last Summer Olympics
4. 2015 album by an American rock band that had their origins in Florida. Have had a couple of songs promoted by WWE PPVs, including one from this album.
7. Arguably Britains biggest boyband, this was their last album as a four-piece.

Prime Time
10-08-2018, 09:02 AM
Is 1) Rio then? Can't think of anything else that might work.

I'd guess at the boy band being Take That but couldn't name an album by them. I could probably name a single off it if I had a few guesses but I don't know any of their albums.

Gooner
10-08-2018, 10:29 AM
Rio by Duran Duran is correct. Unassailable lead for Prime.

It is a Take That album, will wait a little while longer before wrapping this up in case anyone wants to take a pop.

For the love of Terry Funk
10-08-2018, 05:19 PM
The wife has one called The Circus so is that it?

Gooner
10-09-2018, 05:09 AM
Circus is correct.

Prime Time
10-14-2018, 01:07 PM
Before I post another one, is the missing one a Shinedown album?

Whenever it's WWE related and I don't have a clue, it always seems to be Shinedown.

Gooner
10-15-2018, 04:51 AM
It is Shinedown :)

Prime Time
10-17-2018, 11:14 AM
Right-oh. Let's try and test the theory about whether or not you can make it too easy.

https://images2.imgbox.com/ad/b7/obPOUbl0_o.jpg

1)
2) Amy Winehouse, Back to Black, Gooner
3) Green Day, American Idiot, Meandi
4) Lady Gaga, The Fame, Meandi
5) Kings of Leon, Only by the Night, Gooner
6) Red Hot Chili Peppers, By The Way, The Dude
7) Maroon 5, Songs About Jane, Gooner
8) James Blunt, Back to Bedlam, Gooner
9)

Gooner
10-17-2018, 12:12 PM
Haha well, i guess comparing this with other challenges, this does appear to be easier as I know 5. But I don't want to do another one, so I'll stick to guessing 2:

3. Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
7. Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane

Oh, and the Shinedown album was Threat to Survival

meandi
10-17-2018, 12:16 PM
3 is American Idiot by Green Day
4 is The Fame by Lady Gaga

I know 6... just canít quite place it

Prime Time
10-18-2018, 05:50 AM
Updated, 2 to meandi and 1 to Gooner, though our Arsenal fan may want to check his numbers....

Gooner
10-18-2018, 06:04 AM
Ah yes, that would be number 2 - Amy Winehouse - Back to Black

Prime Time
10-18-2018, 06:36 AM
2-2. Still a chance to steal it and plenty of easy ones left up there. And hey, they all sold tens of millions of copies, so none should be impossible.

For the love of Terry Funk
10-21-2018, 06:15 AM
I recognise 1&5 but can't think what they are. I suck at this game.

The Dude
10-21-2018, 08:26 AM
6 is By the Way by RHCP

Prime Time
10-21-2018, 05:41 PM
Still a tie at the top. Four to play for up there.

Prime Time
10-24-2018, 10:08 AM
Are clues required?

Gooner
10-24-2018, 10:29 AM
Well... I didn't want to do the next one, but hey ho I'll add 5. Kings Of Leon - Only by the Night

Prime Time
10-28-2018, 07:16 AM
Clues then.

1) best known album by a Scottish singer, sold a bunch of albums in the late 90s, was re-released a couple of years later and sold a bunch more.

8) best selling album by an English singer-songwriter. Was a much-mocked figure but is ex-military and has won over many of his detractors with a great sense of humour.

9) think rap. Huge album and one everyone will have heard.

Prime Time
11-20-2018, 06:28 AM
I forgot about this, it's been so quiet. Has everyone given up or do people want more clues?

Gooner
11-20-2018, 06:45 AM
I'll add 8. James Blunt - Back to Bedlam.

Prime Time
11-20-2018, 06:51 AM
Meandi needs the last two or you've won.... and I suppose, as you got the first answer, you've technically got it on the tiebreaker already....

meandi
11-20-2018, 05:49 PM
Iím almost positive 9 is an Eminem album, but Iím not sure which.

Prime Time
11-20-2018, 06:02 PM
So what do we think, should I call this one?

meandi
11-20-2018, 08:30 PM
Fine by me

Prime Time
11-21-2018, 09:51 AM
Fair enough then. Gooner wins.

Here are the missing two in full.

https://pietonight.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/white-ladder.jpg

https://images.rapgenius.com/1ad06ad3d52879407b3d712026d29799.569x565x1.jpg

meandi
11-21-2018, 11:42 AM
Iím pretty sure thatís an alternate cover for the Eminem one. Which is why I couldnít place it.

Prime Time
11-21-2018, 12:05 PM
Maybe. That's the trouble with doing stuff you don't know well I suppose. Maybe I should just leave rap alone entirely.

meandi
11-21-2018, 03:39 PM
Eh... is what it is. I still wouldnít have got the last one anyway, so itís all good.

Gooner
11-21-2018, 06:40 PM
https://images2.imgbox.com/98/d2/h3lhpP7R_o.jpg

1. Kamikaze by Eminem - meandi
3. Revolution Radio by Green Day - meandi
4. Glory Day by Little Mix - meandi
7. Human by Rag n Bone Man - Prime Time
8. Staying at Tamara's by George Ezra - Prime Time

meandi
11-21-2018, 07:32 PM
1 is Kamikaze by Eminem
3 is Revolution Radio by Green Day

Gooner
11-22-2018, 07:38 AM
Correct

Prime Time
11-22-2018, 07:56 AM
I've got barely anything here. I can tell that 4) is a Little Mix album because I recognise a couple of them but I don't know what any of their albums are called. I could guess the name of a single if that might lead somewhere....

Gooner
11-22-2018, 08:04 AM
I'll be honest. I own none of these albums and hardly knew of the albums. I really picked them at random, though I do know all the artists at least, in case i need to supply clues.

Prime Time
11-23-2018, 08:57 AM
By sheer fluke I saw an album cover today, recognised it, wondered where from, and realised it was here.

8) is George Ezra, Staying at Tamara's.

Seems there is a bit of a theme emerging. All albums from the last 2-3 years or something like that?

Gooner
11-23-2018, 12:08 PM
Correct and yeah possibly. Can't say I picked the albums via a theme, but looking at them now, they are all fairly recent.

Gooner
11-26-2018, 06:50 AM
Time for clues?

Prime Time
11-29-2018, 09:51 AM
Yeah I guess so.

Gooner
12-03-2018, 06:32 AM
I shall try and get back to this when I'm back on my home computer. As mentioned, I barely know the albums myself, just picked them randomly so can't give clues atm.

EDIT. Clues

2. Fifth studio album by a Canadian indie rock band, whose third album, The Suburbs, won Album of the Year at the 2011 Grammys.
4. Prime was right for the band. As for the album name, imagine if Bobby Roode joined the New Day...
5. Band was formed by a member of a now-broken-up band, one of Britains best loved ones at that.
6. Think Bret Hart's favourite colour.
7. Debut album which became the fastest-selling debut album by a male artist this decade.
9. The title could be a reference to immigration or a political message, though the group deny this.

Gooner
12-10-2018, 09:36 AM
This may have died a slow death.... anyone for guesses?

Prime Time
12-10-2018, 09:48 AM
4. Prime was right for the band. As for the album name, imagine if Bobby Roode joined the New Day...

Please, please, please tell me they have an album called Glorious Booty?!?!

OK, but seriously.

5) makes me think it'll be one of the Gallagher brothers but I don't recognise it, so whether it's High Flying Birds or Beady Eye is beyond me.
6) must be a Pink album from the clue but without cheating I'm out on that one.
7) Would this be Rag N' Bone Man? The lead single was called Human so we'll try that as the title.

I've got literally nothing for #9.

Gooner
12-10-2018, 10:08 AM
Please, please, please tell me they have an album called Glorious Booty?!?!

OK, but seriously.

5) makes me think it'll be one of the Gallagher brothers but I don't recognise it, so whether it's High Flying Birds or Beady Eye is beyond me.
6) must be a Pink album from the clue but without cheating I'm out on that one.
7) Would this be Rag N' Bone Man? The lead single was called Human so we'll try that as the title.

I've got literally nothing for #9.

Not glorious booty, but very close. In fact, if Bobby Roode and Rusev were to form a tag team, the album title would probably be called this...

Band is High Flying birds.

It is a Pink album

7 is correct!

meandi
12-10-2018, 03:31 PM
Iíll hazard a guess that itís Glorious Day just based on the last clue. (For what it worth, Iíve never even heard of it, so feel free to not give me the point.)

Gooner
12-10-2018, 06:47 PM
It's Glory Day, but I'll give it to you, it's close enough.