PDA

View Full Version : The Unofficial Columns Forum Top Trumps ULTIMATE TOURNAMENT 2018 ( Neidhart bracket Round 1)

kingzak13
01-30-2019, 11:30 AM
http://i65.tinypic.com/2wc350l.png
Let battle continue

Whatís up guys, Kingzak is back in action with another round of the Columns Forum Top Trumps Tournament. Today we will be taking a look at the Ö bracket. I canít really think of much more to say to intro this, so letís just dive in shall we.

Matches for today.

http://i67.tinypic.com/35cjxog.jpg

Steve vs Laith

Up first we have one of the tournaments rookies taking on the face that runs the place. Is this gonna be another notch on Steve's metaphorical belt or are we in for an upset.

Laith is out first, the lights go down as the bell tolls, this follows into Metallicaís, For Whom the Bell Tolls. Steve steps out onto the stage to a standing ovation from the fans in attendance, the legend is back. Laith stands in the ring staring down Steve as he makes his way down the ramp.

Steve carries on staring down Laith as he approaches. Laith goes to lock up but Steve takes control, the lock up takes to the corner as the ref seperates the two. Laith takes control of the arm and into a headlock, Steve slips out by whipping Laith. Laith ducks a big boot and nails a dropkick to take down. Laith goes to attack, but Steve with an elbow and then a quick backbreaker, Steve wrenches the arm while he is on the ground.

Laith tries to take control but Steve fights him off, Laith ducks a shot and sends Steve to the corner, Laith with a running forearm in the corner. Laith keeps up the strikes on Steve, Laith with a northern lights suplex to take him back down. Laith with a camel clutch to wear down Steve, Steve starts to slip out and Laith releases and goes to attack but Steve with a shot to the gut, Laith hits the arm and goes for a back suplex but Steve turns it into a crossbody.

Steve rolls out the ring to take a quick breather, Laith rolls out and clubs him from behind, Steve turns it into a neckbreaker on the floor, the two trade shots, Laith ducks under a shot and manages to hit a german suplex on the outside. Laith rolls back in at 5

Steve is getting up

And he rolls back in.
Steve sends Laith to the corner and puts him up top. Steve with the superplex and into the cover

Kickout
Steve with several elbow drops to the downed rookie. Laith dodges one and Laith rolls it into a pin for a one count. Steve is sat up but Laith with a rear choke, Steve fights out and hits a big scoop slam to Laith. The two trade holds but Steve with a knee drop to the chest, Steve with more elbows to the head and chest, Laith gets back to his feet and hits a butterfly suplex. Laith covers

Kickout from Steve
Steve is back up, he hits a knee to the sternum and lifts Laith for a huge chokeslam. Steve covers

Kickout
Steve keeps control of the match with strikes, Laith with a roll up

Kickout from Steve
Laith sends Steve to the corner and puts him up top, Laith with a back superplex, Laith follows up with punches to the head. Laith gets Steve up and whips him into the ropes, Steve collides with the ref knocking down the ref. Laith turns Steve around into a snap powerslam. Laith covers but the ref is down, Laith gets Steve up but Steve with a quick low blow separating the two.

Laith turns around right into a big boot from Steve, Steve follows with a big leg drop. Steve gets Laith up and lifts him for a big powerbomb, Steve with the powerbomb and he covers

Winner: Steve

Steve celebrates the win and heads to the back.

A valiant effort from Laith, but Steve didnít last this long for no reason. The rookie tried his best but Steve winning was the ultimately the only outcome. Steve is a legend around here and it is going to take quite some doing to take down Mr. CF

https://i.postimg.cc/4yK9BZY2/20th-Laith.png

I think the best way of summing this up is that Laith got fucked by the reset; he was slowly but surely building momentum as a writer, but after the reset he was gone. Steve hasnít been around much since the reset but has appeared in several big collabs over the months. Overall not a bad rookie showing from Laith against one of the Forums top talents. If youíre out there, feel free to join back up, we like people.

Don Franc vs BurninmyLight

Two of LOP's best face off early in the tournament, will the South African powerhouse be coming through victorious or will Burn's Light shine bright?

Don is out first, Burn is out second

The two shake hands, Burn quickly turns it into a roll up with a handful of trunks.

3 No
Don is shocked as Burn backs into a corner and tells him to bring it. Don charges but Burn dodges it and Don hits the turnbuckles, Burn puts Don into an arm lock, Don powers out and sends Burn into the turnbuckles. Burn with a kick to the leg, he runs the ropes to attack but Don catches him with a sitout spinebuster.

Don with a couple quick clubbing blows and then a back suplex. Don gets Burn up but Burn with a suplex of his own. Burn gets Don up but takes an elbow to the gut, Don levels Burn with a big clothesline. Don with a neckbreaker toss sending Burn into the corner, Don drags him out of the corner and locks in a camel clutch.

Burn starts fighting to his feet, Don tries to keep it kinda locked in, Burn gets an arm free and manages to hit Don with a cutter. Burn rolls out of the ring to catch himself. Don follows out and goes to attack. Don with a back suplex to Burn, Burn lands on his feet and goes to suplex Don, Don counters with a knee and then sends Burn into the ramp side barrier.

Don rolls back into the ring as Burn recovers on the outside. Burn gets on the apron but Don with an elbow to knock him back down. Don heads out after him and hits a quick chokebomb on the ramp. Don drags Burn back into the ring, Don whips him into the ropes and hits him with a quick powerbomb. Don follows up with a suplex powerslam.

Don with a rear choke to Burn, Burn starts to fade but he fights back to his feet and knocks him away. Burn charges him and hits a german suplex. Burn with a few quick strikes, Burn with a powerbomb to Don. Burn follows up with a standing moonsault and he covers for the pin.

Kickout from Don
Don is back up in the corner, Burn charges him but Don moves and he hits the turnbuckles, Don with a northern lights suplex, he locks in a rear choke, Burn fights to his feet but Don sends him to the corner. Don puts him up top and hits him with a superplex. Don waits as he gets up and Don nails a big boot to put him back down. He covers

Kickout from Burn
Don gets Burn up and lifts him into a suplex, he drops him into the powerbomb to nail the Powerplex, Don covers

Winner: Don Franc

Don kept control there for most of that match, he is running with that main page momentum and just used it to run over Burn. Burn did have his moments but Don kept control here. Powerbombs and suplex may seem like a simple move set but damn is it effective

https://i.postimg.cc/fTVxz7Rn/21st-Burnin-My-Light.png

A solid ranking here from Burn, good stats across the board but one thing cost him, and itís the mid year gap, Burn came back hard in November and December but the rest of the year did not see such activity. Itís a shame to see Burn bow out so soon, but letís look on the Brightside, 2019 is here and who knows where weíll end up.

Mystic vs zzzorf

Up next we see a clash of veteran writers as the King of Stats takes on The Legacy of Mystic, who will be moving onto the quarter-finals?

Mystic is out first, he runs down the ramp, slapping hands with the fans, reaches the ring and poses. The lights go out and come back on and zzzorf is on the entrance way, Wayne rushes the ring and poses on the corner.

The two staredown as the fans cheer for the two veteran talents. The bell rings and Mystic charges with a quick dropkick to drop zzzorf to seated in the corner. Mystic charges to hit him in the corner with a sliding dropkick but zzzorf pulls himself up and over using the ropes, zzzorf is stood on the bottom rope, he jumps for a stomp but Mystic rolls out the way to the apron. Mystic stands on the apron and leaps in and nails a hurricanrana to zzzorf.

Mystic gets him up and nails a backbreaker, he goes to attack zzzorf but Wayne kicks him away, zzzorf charges him but Mystic sends him over the ropes, zzzorf hangs on the apron but Mystic drops him with a big left hand. Mystic heads out and hits a quick dropkick on zzzorf sending him into the barricade, zzzorf kicks him in the face to get him away and slides back in the ring. Mystic is back in and charges him but zzzorf with a jawbreaker to stun him. Zzzorf sends Mystic to the apron and follows it with a quick spear to knock him off the apron.

Zzzorf slides out the ring and he and Mystic trade shots, Mystic catches zzzorf with a big DDT on the outside. Mystic locks in an armbar on the outside, he rolls them back in at 5 and Mystic drops zzzorf with a dropkick. He heads to the second rope, he nails a senton off the second rope, he gets zzzorf up but zzzorf with a big right hand, Mystic goes for a kick but zzzorf catches it and turns it into a single leg boston crab.

Mystic manages to crawl to the ropes and takes a few seconds to compose himself in the corner. Zzzorf heads over and nails a chop in the corner, zzzorf with more chops in the corner, the ref backs him off, Mystic charges and hits a sunset flip on zzzorf into a cover

Kickout
Mystic with a kick to the back, zzzorf tries to get up and Mystic goes to kick again but zzzorf rolls through and hits a knee to the stomach, zzzorf with a quick neckbreaker and into a cover

Kickout by Mystic
Zzzorf gets Mystic back up and Mystic fights him off with elbows, Mystic goes for a reverse DDT but zzzorf pushes him off into the ropes, zzzorf with a knee to the stomach to drop Mystic, zzzorf waits for Mystic to get up, zzzorf goes for a superkick but Mystic ducks it and nails a big spinning heel kick, Mystic covers

Winner: Mystic

A nice but short match here, both men gave a quality encounter but Mystic managed to get the win quickly, the stat-man held his own but Mystic was able to keep his cool and keep control.

https://i.postimg.cc/qq9CFYnJ/26th-zzzorf.png

This one was actually pretty close, prior to the month count, zzzorf was ahead here, but sadly the King of Stats was only able to grace us with his presence in the early part of the year, kick ass with 32 columns in a 36 day period before being on his way once again. Come back zzzorf, we miss you.

Tim Rose vs Mizfan

Our final matchup for the day sees Tim Rose take on Mizfan, is this a chance for some truth sauce or will the Brightside brawler bring home the bacon.

Tim Rose is out first, Mizfan is out second.

The two staredown in the centre of the ring as the bell rings, Rose taunts Mizfan, Mizfan pulls back and nails a huge chop to the chest to drop Tim, Tim rolls out of the ring screaming ďThat fucking hurtĒ the ref counts as Mizfan invites Tim to get back in the ring.

The two lock up and Tim takes control, Rose with a headlock takedown, Mizfan counters into some headscissors, Rose powers to his feet and slams Mizfan down. He gets Mizfan up but MF tackles him into the corner, he then tosses him to the centre of the ring. Mizfan with a running knee and neckbreaker combo. Mizfan with several kicks as Tim gets back to his feet. Tim fights him off and sends Mizfan to the outside.

Tim follows out and whips MF into the barricade, Rose follows up with a facebuster. He gets Mizfan up and drags him back towards the ring, Mizfan slaps him away and hits a series of kicks to the leg, dropping him. Mizfan breaks the count and heads back to Rose, but Tim sends him into the barricade, Tim with a sidewalk slam on the ramp. Tim rolls back in as the ref counts,

Mizfan is back on his feet

And he is back in the ring.
Rose charges Mizfan as he gets in the ring but Mizfan with a back body drop, MF follows up with a dragonscrew leg whip and then he covers

Kickout
Rose back up and takes MF down and locks in a rear choke, Mizfan fights out but Rose with a Russian leg sweep, Rose covers for a two count. Tim gets Mizfan up to his feet and whips him into the ropes, Tim goes for a clothesline but Mizfan ducks it and headbutts him. Mizfan follows up with a headlock driver and he covers

Kickout
Mizfan with a running dropkick to the head. Rose slowly gets to his feet but Mizfan runs him over with a big boot. Mizfan covers

Kickout
Mizfan gets Rose up, but Rose pushes him away and hits a sidewalk slam, he follows up with a big leg drop. Rose covers

Kickout
Rose with a rear headlock, Mizfan fights to his feet but Rose with a modified back suplex, Mizfan rolls to the apron and slowly gets to his feet, Rose goes to attack but Mizfan with another big chop to knock him away. Mizfan heads to the top rope and leaps off with a tornado DDT, Mizfan locks in a Texas cloverleaf, Rose tries to fight it out and manages to grab the ropes. Mizfan keeps the hold in for the four count before breaking.

Rose gets up with the ropes help, Mizfan goes for a suplex but Rose slides out and hits a neckbreaker, Rose with kicks to the back and arms to wear him down. Rose with a rear choke, Mizfan fights to his feet but Rose sends him to the corner hard. Rose puts Mizfan up top and heads up for a back superplex, but MF with an elbow to the ribs and then another, and a third and then a big shot to the head sending Rose back to the mat, Tim is standing and Mizfan dives off with a crossbody.

Mizfan goes to attack but Rose dodges out the way, Rose grabs him for an STO but MF with more elbows to knock him away, Mizfan with a big back suplex, MF gets Rose up and hits him with the Skull Crushing Finale. Mizfan covers

Winner: Mizfan

A big battle between two veteran writers here, a lot of punishment dealt out from both but ultimately, Mizfan comes out victorious. Mizfan is undoubtably one of the names considered that could win this and Rose was looking to deal some damage and pick up the victory but unfortunately Mizfan had a strikeback for every hold or attack that Rose could think of.

https://i.postimg.cc/Px5Zv1Tj/19th-Tim-Rose.png

Just from a cursory glance I think we can guess where Timís falling down was, he had a lot of views and a fair few replies, but over only 7 columns, he kicked ass in the late spring and early summer with six of his columns in May-July but ultimately he ended up on the main page where he remains to this day.

And with those matches all done, the Neidhart Bracket is done for now, so going forward we have Ö

http://i68.tinypic.com/1z4vh1h.jpg

Steve vs Don Franc
Mystic vs Mizfan

Couple those in with the already scheduled 205Clive vs TripleR and PrimeTime vs KleckMania and the second round is looking good. For now though, it is time I bid you all a fond farewell. Iíll be back soon with the Dynamite Kid bracket but for now I hope you have enjoyed todayís column and I will see you next time.

anonymous
02-02-2019, 05:37 PM
I do enjoy these although it’s hard to know what feedback to write. I genuinely think you’re as asset to the community here and I’m really grateful for all the work you put in.

Steve is amazing. I miss Steve.

Don Franc
02-04-2019, 04:29 PM
Did Steve just turn heel???

kingzak13
02-06-2019, 06:17 PM
Feedback time

@Anonymous: I understand that, I struggle with thinking what to say to most columns, so for something as out there as this, feedback is gonna be difficult.

@Don: I'd say it's more of a later career Ric Flair sort of thing where he cheats because he is an opportunist and beloved veteran.

Thanks to everyone for reading, I hope i'll be able to get the next set done before Elimination Chamber.