Lords of Pain Main Site Question/Feedback Thread

Got a comment or question about the LOP main site? This is the place to bring them up.

Mind you, simple complaining for the sake of complaining won't accomplish anything. This is for legitimate questions and comments only.

LOP's part time glass ceiling DynamiteBillington's Avatar
    I know the comments section on the main page was changing to Discus due to issues with the old supplier, but since the change I've not been able to see or make comments on any article. Is that the same for everyone, or is it just because I use the site at work in an out of date browser? (Chrome Version 49.0.2623.87)

Yes I'd highly suspect the chances of the cause being related to the out of date browser are pretty high. Zero issues my end, in fact it loads/runs way smoother and quicker than ID ever did.

LOP's part time glass ceiling DynamiteBillington's Avatar
    Yeah, if not the browser then it could be a firewall thing. I've since tried it at home & it's fine there.

I like the new format and all, but I miss the side bar and would like it back. As it is, LOPR and columns are getting lost in the news articles and are hard to find. Granted, I could just click the section and look from there. But new ones aren't always on those pages, they get posted somewhere on the main page first. Also, Could some post a definitive article about is going on with LOPR? I know its moving away from Blog talk but I am not sure what it is moving to. Clarification would be appreciated.

The artist formerly known as Thurl.

I’ve tweeted heavily about this but:
    - The new layout does not distinguish between news and columns easily.
    - The scrolling video is a very annoying feature and depending on what browser/device you are using, the cross to close it doesn’t always appear.
    - Did Chris Toplack agree to have his video uploaded on the LOP YouTube channel? I find it weird that as a successful podcaster in his own right who also uploads his stuff to YouTube himself, why he wouldn’t want us to link to the video of it on his channel? His Twitter page from what I could see doesn’t really mention that he’s agreed to any partnership with LordsOfPain which has me worried whether we’re doing some form of dodgy dealing here.

Honestly I’d go as far as saying I despise the new website layout and feel sorry for any columnists who bust their nut to write for it when it’s as much of a mess as it is.

I think the new visual style has been a long time coming and finally makes us look like a website that wasn't most recently updated last decade.

The most recent columns and radio do get a boost as they stick at the top longer than the new articles but you are right that they don't stand out at all. More could be done and while I'm happy with the direction there is some tinkering that needs to happen (as I've said to Calvin). Also once you find a column I think the side bar pops back up again.

As for the ads we'll I use ad blocker which seems to work, it's not like Calvin is paying me.

Lastly with the LOPR one of the guys who has a show would be able to give more of an explanation but seems Calvin didn't want to pay for blog talk anymore so they had to move to another platform. They chose Spreaker and according to Imp at least the platform is better but they weren't able to keep the rss feed. To subscribe now you sub to each program individually eg, search 'Imp's LOP Radio Adventures' and it should bring up Imp. You can also Google LoP Radio on Spreaker and it will bring up the feed on a computer.

2019 and this exists stilll? Huh.
    MP is brutal on phones. If you want news, going to the search function to specifically look for that and not a billion show results blows.
    Last edited by Sean; 07-30-2019 at 04:12 AM.

Agree, not sure any of the mods/people that will read this have access though.

Is there a place where we still set up for responses to MP articles? I'd like to have a thread somewhere to respond to Ben Button's NWA column.

On the old board that used to be in the feedback forum, didn't it? Don't see any reason why you can't set up a feedback thread for Ben here again, if you're so inclined.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Awesome. Will set one up a little later today. Just wanted to check before plastering something somewhere.