There I stood out at ringside;
    I heard the opening bell
    And I was thinking to myself
    'This could be heaven or this could be Hell'
    Then we started to wrestle in an old fashioned way
    There was cheering from the audience,
    I thought I heard them say

Welcome to the Hotel WrestleMania
    Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)
    Such a lovely face.
    Plenty of room at the Hotel WrestleMania
    Any time of year (any time of year) you can find us here

Her mind is Stephanie-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
    She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends
    How they write in Creative, tweet after tweet
    Some write and remember, then re-write and forget

So I called up the Captain,
    'Please bring me my wine'
    He said, 'we haven't had that spirit here since nineteen ninety-nine'
    And still that audience travels from far away,
    They cheer for you each and every night
    And you hear them say

Welcome to the Hotel WrestleMania
    Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)
    Such a lovely face.
    They livin' it up at the Hotel WrestleMania
    What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise), bring your alibis

Then you hit the glass ceiling,
    There’s no champagne on ice
    And we said, 'we are all just prisoners here, of McMahon’s device'
    And in Elimination chambers,
    We gathered for the feast
    We grapple hard and we steal the show,
    But we just can't kill the beast

Last thing I remember, I was
    Requesting a release
    I had to find the passage back to the place I was Elite
    'Relax' said my contract,
    'We are programmed to receive.
    You can check out any time you like,
    But you can never leave!'

FACT or FICTION: Reigns & the Championship
    PM me to get involved.

Cool lyrics. Hotel California is a lot of people's favorite song. I liked the part you changed to "We haven't had that spirit here since 1999", a reference to the times of the Attitude Era.

Intestering. Love the Eagles, love that song. Nice little shout out to the Liuke Harpers of the world in the last paragraph

For some reason this made me think of Dean Ambrose.

The Brain
    Nice piece, simple but with some cool layers. Nicely done Dyna.

I like when people play with the genre and structure. Good on you.

All of us have probably felt elite at some point, whether we were or not. In that vein, what a wonderful thought: finding the passage back to when we were elite.

LOP's part time glass ceiling DynamiteBillington's Avatar
    Guess it's time for some feedback....

Bossman - most definitely a shout out to the Attitude Era. Just a shame beer didn't rhyme. Thing is, as much as I don't expect things to go that way again in the foreseeable future, they definitely need to get back that sense of anything can happen urgency that was present during that time and I think only genuine competition can push them to that. TNA obviously failed because they tried too hard. Maybe if AEW sticks with it's philosophy of being an alternative rather than competition, it will paradoxically create the competition that is needed?

Ben - Luke Harper and many others, if the dirt sheets are to be believed. The fact WWE are not granting releases speaks volumes.

Don - Given what I said to Ben about not granting releases, part of me still believes the Ambrose thing is a work. They made too much of a big thing that he was leaving. I haven't kept up with news whilst I've been on holiday for the past week, but I'm guessing someone would have written something here if it had happened already.

Miz - Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. Everything is a reference to something.

Mystic - Finding a way out to become Elite may become more and more difficult and relevant as time goes on.

Now the feedback is done, there's only one way to end this thread....

e|---------------|--------------------------------|--------------------------|
    B|--------10--12-|-13b15---10-12-------------7----|--------------------------|
    G|--5/11---------|---------------9-----7--9-----7-|-----4--7--4--------------|
    D|---------------|--------------------------------|-8------------7b8---------|
    A|---------------|--------------------------------|--------------------------|
    E|---------------|--------------------------------|--------------------------|

e|------------------------------------|-------10-----------------------10b12-|
    B|------7----------------7------------|-10b12----12r10-7-10-8b9---10-7-------|
    G|-7-9----7----------7-9---7----------|--------------------------------------|
    D|-9--------9-8-9------------9-7-9--7-|--------------------------------------|
    A|------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
    E|------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|

e|--10-10b12r10-7-------10------------|------10------------------------------|
    B|----------------10b12----12r10-8----|--------------------------------------|
    G|------------------------------------|-9b11----11r9--7---7-6--7-------------|
    D|------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|

e|----------------------------------------|------------------7------------------|
    B|--5-7-7b8-8r7-5---5-7b8-7b8-7b8-8r7-5---|------7-10------7--------------------|
    G|----------------7---------------------7-|-9b11------9b11-----9b11-11r9-7-9b11-|
    D|----------------------------------------|-------------------------------------|
    A|----------------------------------------|-------------------------------------|
    E|----------------------------------------|-------------------------------------|

e|-------------------7------7-------------------------|----------------------|
    B|-------7-10------7----------7------7-7--------------|----------------------|
    G|--9b11------9b11-----9b11-----9b11-----9b11r9-7-9-7-|-9b11--------------x--|
    D|----------------------------------------------------|----------------------|
    A|----------------------------------------------------|----------------------|
    E|----------------------------------------------------|----------------------|

e|----------------------------7-------|--------10----------------------------|
    B|----------------------10b12---10-7--|--10b12----12/11-10-9-----------------|
    G|--11b14r11-9-11---------------------|-------------------------------14b16--|
    D|----------------12-10---------------|--------------------------------------|

e|----------------------17----------------|-------15-16-17-19------------------------|
    B|--12--15--17-15-17b19----19r17-15-17-15-|-17b19-------------17b19r17-15--17--17-15-|
    G|----------------------------------------|------------------------------------------|
    D|----------------------------------------|------------------------------------------|
    A|----------------------------------------|------------------------------------------|
    E|----------------------------------------|------------------------------------------|

e|-------17--17-----------------------|--------17--17------------------------|
    B|-17b19--------19r17b18----18r17--15-|--17b19--------19r17b18----18r17--15--|
    G|------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
    D|------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|

e|-19------------10-------10--------------|----------------------------------|
    B|---------13b15----13b15-----------------|--11------------------------------|
    G|---------------------------11-10-9------|----------------------------------|
    D|-----------------------------------12-9-|----------------------------------|
    A|----------------------------------------|----------------------------------|
    E|----------------------------------------|----------------------------------|

e|---------------------------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
    B|-17b19-19r17-(17)(17)(17)(17)-17-17-17-17-17-15----17-15-|--------------------------------------|
    G|------------------------------------------------16-------|-16---14----------------14----9--9b11-|
    D|---------------------------------------------------------|---------16/14-12-14/16---------------|
    A|---------------------------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
    E|---------------------------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|

e|-10----9---7--------------------------|------10b12r10----------------------|
    B|----10---8---7-10---7-----------------|----7------------10---8----7----7---|
    G|------------------9---7---------------|--7---------------------------------|
    D|------------------------11-9-7----7-9-|------------------------------------|
    A|-------------------------------10-----|------------------------------------|
    E|--------------------------------------|------------------------------------|

e|------------------------|---------------------------|
    B|--8-----8---10----12----|--11-----14---15-----17----|
    G|------------------------|---------------------------|
    D|------------------------|---------------------------|
    A|------------------------|---------------------------|
    E|------------------------|---------------------------|

[OUTRO]
    e|-14-------14-------14-------14-------14-------|-12-------12-------12----18-|
    B|----15-------15-------15-------15-------15----|----14-------14-------14----|
    G|-------16-------16-------16-------16-------16-|-------15-------15----------|
    D|----------------------------------------------|----------------------------|
    A|----------------------------------------------|----------------------------|
    E|----------------------------------------------|----------------------------|

e|-12-------12-------12-------12-------12-------|-10-------10-------10----16-|
    B|----14-------14-------14-------14-------14----|----12-------12-------12----|
    G|-------14-------14-------14-------14-------14-|-------13-------13----------|

e|-10-------10-------10-------10-------10-------|-------------------------14-|
    B|----12-------12-------12-------12-------12----|-10-------10-------10-------|
    G|-------12-------12-------12-------12-------12-|----11-------11-------11----|
    D|----------------------------------------------|-------12-------12----------|

e|-7-----7-----7-----7-----7-----|-9-------9-------9----14-|
    B|---8-----8-----8-----8-----8---|---11------11------11----|
    G|-----9-----9-----9-----9-----9-|------11------11---------|
    D|-------------------------------|-------------------------|
    A|-------------------------------|-------------------------|
    E|-------------------------------|-------------------------|

e|-14-------14-------14-------14-------14-------|-12-------12-------12----18-|
    B|----15-------15-------15-------15-------15----|----14-------14-------14----|
    G|-------16-------16-------16-------16-------16-|-------15-------15----------|

e|-12-------12-------12-------12-------12-------|-10-------10-------10----16-|
    B|----14-------14-------14-------14-------14----|----12-------12-------12----|
    G|-------14-------14-------14-------14-------14-|-------13-------13----------|

e|-10-------10-------10-------10-------10-------|-------------------------14-|
    B|----12-------12-------12-------12-------12----|-10-------10-------10-------|
    G|-------12-------12-------12-------12-------12-|----11-------11-------11----|
    D|----------------------------------------------|-------12-------12----------|

e|-7-----7-----7-----7-----7-----|-9-------9-------9----14-|-12--------------|
    B|---8-----8-----8-----8-----8---|---11------11------11----|-----------------|
    G|-----9-----9-----9-----9-----9-|------11------11---------|-----------------|
    D|-------------------------------|-------------------------|-----------------|
    A|-------------------------------|-------------------------|-----------------|
    E|-------------------------------|-------------------------|-----------------|

[REPEAT OUTRO TO FADE]
    Last edited by DynamiteBillington; 1 Week Ago at 06:48 AM.

FACT or FICTION: Reigns & the Championship
    PM me to get involved.