Thread: Marvel Comics

Marvel Comics

Simiilar to the DC thread, I was learning quite a bit in the old comics thread and thought I'd try and get something going again.

So one of the few things I checked out was the Steve Rodgers/Hydra thing. Didn't get all the way through it but did find the bits I looked at quite interesting. But anyway, my question is, I understand there's more than one Captain America in the comics world, not just Rodgers. And I wanted to ask what's the deal with that, how does it work in practice, what's the difference between the Caps...

What can people who know this stuff better tell me, basically.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Seems Marvel movies are more popular than the comics huh...

The Brain
    I read the occasional issue of Deadpool but there's just too much media out there for me to make room for comic books, sadly. I'd love to dive into them but there's only so much time in the day!

That's fair enough.

Anyone out there do Marvel Unlimited, or whatever it's called? Not sure if it's available outside of the US but it's come up in my adverts for some reason and I got curious.

Yeah. It's great!

Care to elaborate?!

They are always adding older stuff, so while you can read most of the other stuff, there might be some you're not able to yet, but for the more recent years it is all there; you just have to wait 6 months to read the newest stuff. They have events all tied together, the build-up, the event, the aftermath. Or you can just read through an entire title if you want. You can go through and add to your library and you can choose 12 comics at a time to take with you mobile. It's really nice.

I looked at it a few years ago and since then, they seemed to add most of the Spider-man back issues (He's my favorite character). I'm more enticed to subscribe now but i don't have the right tablet for it.

Edit: Or should I say Marvel Unlimited has most of Amazing Spider-man run.. The other series its more spread out.
    Last edited by LK3185; 09-13-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Yeah, like I went to read the Gang War storyline I remember from my childhood, they didn't have the Web of Spiderman or Peter Parker Spectacular Spidermans that were a part of it.

Yeh it's US only, though there's always ways around that.

I've actually been angling to get Marvel Unlimited but they don't accept paypal which is a bit of a road block for me. Browsing the series, they actually have more comics than I thought.. Basically most gaps are from comics 20 plus years old, but they are slowly filling those gaps every week.