Best of the Super Juniors

It's that time again, here's a thread to get some discussion going about NJPW's upcoming Best of the Super Juniors tournament starting May 13th.

Here are both this year's blocks:

Block A
    Dragon Lee
    Shingo Takagi
    Taiji Ishimori
    SHO
    Marty Scurll
    TAKA Michinoku
    Titan
    Yoshinobu Kanemaru
    Jonathan Gresham
    Tiger Mask

Block B
    Will Ospreay
    Bandido
    El Phantasmo
    Robbie Eagles
    BUSHI
    Rysuke Taguchi
    YOH
    Rocky Romero
    DOUKI
    Ren Narita

The Brain
    Feel like Block A is going to be the one to watch, but good stuff in both. Always an exciting time, as much to see who gets the nod as the actual results!

Nothing here on the Ospreay vs Romero match?

That match happened at somewhere around 5am in the morning on a Wednesday (or Tuesday)?

Na, I didn't go out of my way to view it.

“How great the tremors will be when the judge comes."

The Brain
    Quote Originally Posted by For the love of Terry Funk View Post
    Nothing here on the Ospreay vs Romero match?
    Tell us about it, TF!

I'm not really great at the play by play, but I only checked it out because there were lots of people online saying it was better than expected

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    Just a reminder that today is the in-ring return of Jon Moxley against Juice Robinson, along with what should be an amazing finals of the BOSJ tournament. I haven't been following much of the tournament but the matches I did see were awesome. I have high hopes for this show, which is insane considering that just a few days from now we'll also have Dominion.

Absolutely. I've seen (all) the matches, except some tag team match in the first few days, and it was well worth the time. Ospreay and Shingo cut some amazing promos after the final match of Bloc B. The final should be awesome, I've been really impressed by Ospreay in fact, and the other matches announced for this card look very promising!

Well, damn. That finals was so, so good.

Yep. Absolutely awesome.

The Brain
    Was really rooting for Shingo but very pleased the match was so well received either way!

Big props to Will Ospreay for his win. I've only watched 3-4 of his matches, but I've always found him super appealing. Big Mox win, too. Combine those with Ibushi's post-Omega run, and NJPW is really playing to my interests right now.

Would love to see AEW-NJPW together eventually, but I also kind of like this cold war of alternative promotions. Wrestling fans win either way.

I was also pulling for Shingo to win it all and get the clean sweep of the tournament. I'm still happy he had an outstanding tournament, though. I wonder if they'll bump him up to the heavyweight division soon. Given the impending return of Hiromu Takahashi, Los Ingobernables don't need three guys in the juniors.

I've been slowly catching up to a couple of other matches that happened and a lot of guys really stood out too. Taguchi was fun to watch. El Phantasmo and SHO had a lot of solid matches. Probably the most surprising was Rocky Romero. He had some great matches. I guess it's because all the time I've been watching New Japan I've only seen him teaming up with others or as a manager.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't go with Shingo, I must admit. Unless they're going to put him almost straight into the heavyweight picture, it seems odd to build him up as undefeated for so long and not follow through on a BOSJ and Jr Title win with him, in my opinion. Maybe they're putting him in the G1 - but I'd have said that would make even more sense on the back of an undefeated run, title win, and defeating someone who's already started to dip a toe in the heavyweight picture like Ospreay.

But hey, that match owned, so I'm good with it.