Thread: MJF

MJF

Overheard that Cornette is very high on MJF, and thought I'd share this little nugget as it's a direct quote.

'MJF is the best promo in the business today.'

Anyway, one of the people I've seen getting praise from pretty much all sides in recent weeks so I thought he might warrant a thread. Sounds like one to watch. Discuss.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

The Brain
    Absolutely love the guy. Reminds me of the Miz in all the best ways, but is distinct as his own character and really owns his performances, physically as well as on the mic. Great understanding of the heel role, super witty but also very willing to "show ass" or play the fool when appropriate. The sky could very well be the limit with this guy.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    I first heard of MJF on Stone Cold's podcast, and he came off great there. That promo skirmish at the end of that episode was just gold. His skits on Being The Elite have been really fun as well, especially the segments with Brandi Rhodes.

I still haven't seen much of him wrestling but for someone like him that would just be a secondary skill to cultivate. Considering the dude just turned 23 years old, there's just insane potential for him to get better in all aspects.

The Brain
    One cool thing about MJF is he brings so much of his character into the match that he really doesn't have to be the kind of hyper-athlete that many other guys are these days. Here's one of my favorite matches from MJF I've seen so far, from last year against another great young talent in Fred Yehi:

I keep seeing this guy's name mentioned, it's like he's picking up huge momentum without ever really being in a high profile spot.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

The Brain
    So far he's gotten over big in AEW with top notch character and promo work. It's not clear if he's going to be position in a top slot right away but he's already the next closest thing and I think he's only going to continue to climb.