Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Braun Strowman

It is pretty sad that Stowman was reduced to a comedy act last year at Mania with tagging with a kid and now this year, they cooled him so much that he is reduced to the ARMBAR and involved with the SNL guys. Strowman should have a bigger match and a could have won the Rumble and faced Lesnar.

I actually think this is the perfect spot for Braun at the moment. He's still over with fans but he's prob fourth on the babyface Raw pecking order after Roman, Seth and Finn and I can't make a good argument for him to replace any of those three's possible matches. Seth vs. Brock is somewhat fresh and Seth has been the hottest face all year. Roman just returned and if Finn actually has a singles match with Lashley (i doubt it but still) No one wants to Braun/Lashley.

The other possible option i guess is Braun vs. Triple H... but ugh, that would not be pretty and again, Braun would need a dominant win and then a change of scenery post Mania.

Braun is used best to just throw people around, SNL hosts included; its supposed to a be fun moment and one only Braun can pull off.

He's a guy that's never going to be the top guy. He's a guy that people will enjoy but not too much.
    Last edited by LK3185; 03-26-2019 at 02:09 PM.

if the snl guys win the battle royal, that just may be too much stupid to justify watching this product anymore. I'm not even sure a Becky Lynch and Kofi kingston win at Mania could salvage the product after that.

A ten year old won the tag titles last year. No one cares about a dumb battle royal. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    The other possible option i guess is Braun vs. Triple H... but ugh, that would not be pretty and again, Braun would need a dominant win and then a change of scenery post Mania.
    A few years too late for that, though, huh? Should’ve done that match after the tease during the Survivor Series a while back.

^pretty much. I don't think there's much value in that match because it doesn't stamp Braun as the next guy, and he's never going to be that guy anyway. That's not his role.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    A ten year old won the tag titles last year. No one cares about a dumb battle royal. Please.
    I mean I do, so I guess you're wrong here

For real though, all because that happened last year, doesn't make the snl guys winning a battle royal dedicated to a wrestling legend proper. maybe if it was just some random no name battle royal, but not the Andre The Giant battle royal.

I honestly don't think they're winning. Will be some payoff with the braun thing and both will take a safe bump to the outside. If it was me, I'd have Braun just eliminate everyone.

I know, I know. They probably won't, but it would be really stupid if they did.

if this was 94 and Chris Farley and Chris Rock i'd be more worried lol.

To be fair, the Weekend Update guy in 1994 was Kevin Nealon and then Norm Macdonald.

I got talking the other night about where Strowman would be now if they'd gone all in on him rather than turning him into this mascot figure they have now.

Various opinions in the room but I said that it wouldn't make a huge difference in the long run, but that physical specimens like Braun don't come along every day so this big friendly giant shit is just a waste

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    I got talking the other night about where Strowman would be now if they'd gone all in on him rather than turning him into this mascot figure they have now.
    At which point would they have been going 'all in', though? Personally I think the right moment to put the title on him was either No Mercy 2017 or HiaC 2018. No Mercy 2017 he was going in pretty hot, and was being booked rightly as a beast, so they could have had him completely truck through Lesnar. HiaC 2018 was a good place to give him the win as he had just started to regain some lost momentum, and they could have run with him into the Rumble and then Mania if they felt he was doing well enough.

Those two are the opportunities I think they really missed with him.

If the WWE doesn't figure out Strowman soon, I can see him asking for his release. He could then go to Japan and be treated like royalty. Japan has a long history of Gaijin monsters being treated like that.

Stan Hansen, Vader, and Matt Bloom (Giant Bernard) to name a few.

I don't see it, he's a PC guy and I think he knows that he can have this job for as long as he wants. They will treat him like they treated Big show and he'll have a fine big man career. I also don't think he wants to go to Japan and work harder when his body is already starting to fail him.

Strowman booked against Lashley in Saudi Arabia.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Theory out there is that they've basically given up on Strowman as a top draw and he'll be just a special attraction from now on....

That's a shame - they seemed to have really caught lightning in a bottle with him about 18/24 months ago and never really committed themselves to it fully.

So... I don't know how long a separated pelvis will keep you out for, but it certainly doesn't sound good.

Not good, but I can't think of any potential top star who could use time off TV more than Braun. I don't think WWE completely wasted him, but the booking got off track and would need something to get back on track. A leave of absence and surprise return is more than adequate for that.

Lesnar is the Universal Champion again. Something tells me that they won't be going with Seth vs Brock for SummerSlam. Barring more "wild card" messes, I think with the big win vs Lashley, it lines Braun up for a title shot. I'm not predicting it, because it doesn't feel right. BUT it does make sense. And maybe Heyman has something in mind to make it work for Strowman to become champ.