LOP - Young Lions Cup (Expressions of interest wanted)

We're looking to hold a tournament, to take place between June 24th and sometime in August. The difference is that this time, we're aiming it squarely at newer writers - either new to the forum or those who don't have CV's going back to the bronze age. So the entry conditions are that you can't be either a current or former main page writer at LoP, and you can't have won CotM more than once. We'll let you in if you have a single win to your name, but if you've got two or more then you're considered as someone who should be mentoring the next generation.

Ah yes - do reply to this if you think you could offer something to a writer as a mentor. That may end up being a part of the final format.

The exact details are yet to be decided because that's really what this call for interest is about - seeing how many people might want to take part. Once we have that info we can start to put firmer plans in place and let you know more details.

So if you fancy a share of the spotlight, and want to take part in a writing competition focusing on the current generation of talent rather than old farts like me, then reply to the thread and declare your interest today.

New sign-ups welcome.

As we're running across the summer (June to August, potentially) then we might be able to structure it around holidays/vacation etc if people let me know up front - but we can't change things at the last minute.

DEADLINE: Monday 10th June, 5pm BST.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Mediocrity at it's finest kingzak13's Avatar
    I'm always up for any tournament. I'd be interested.

I'll be more than happy to offer what skills I have as a 'mentor'. Although I use that term as loosely as possible given my track record in tournaments.

Is this similar to LOPNXT?

Id be happy to mentor

It could well be similar, in the end - we'll have to see what the numbers look like, I think.

Thanks to Zak for being the first to sign up and to Sam and Bear for getting involved, too.

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    As you are already aware Prime, I'm happy to judge. Mentoring I would need to think about regards time commitment.

The Brain
    I'm happy to help in any way I can!

LOP's part time glass ceiling DynamiteBillington's Avatar
    As the timescale seems pretty big on this one, I'm happy to give it a go.

Not sure where I fit though, I'm definitely not new and probably count as having been here since the bronze age, but I also hit the criteria for being new!

FACT or FICTION: The Future of Smackdown
    PM me to get involved.

Yeah, there's actually no 'time' component to eligibility at all, so welcome on board!

LOP's part time glass ceiling DynamiteBillington's Avatar
    With timescales, I actually meant the time the tournament will actually be running - it depends on if I'll have days or weeks to do something!

FACT or FICTION: The Future of Smackdown
    PM me to get involved.

No, I got that, was replying to this bit....

Quote Originally Posted by DynamiteBillington View Post

Not sure where I fit though, I'm definitely not new and probably count as having been here since the bronze age, but I also hit the criteria for being new!

Exact timings will have to be worked out, but I'm anticipating fairly generous windows for writing and as I say, if people definitely know they'll be away but want to participate, if they tell me early enough I reckon we can work around it.

With my work schedule its hard to commit to anything, but I can help in small ways, whether its judging 1 or 2 contest or offering feedback.

You know who I am, but you don't know why I'm here
    I am happy to be involved in some way, though I'm with 'Plan on needing to think about the mentoring part
    Author of The WrestleMania Era book series, author of The Doctor's Orders columns on LOP since 2010, LOP Columns Hall of Famer, former host of The Doc Says podcast on LOP Radio (2013-2018), former LOP Raw and WWE PPV Reviewer (2006-2007), and former LOP Smackdown Reviewer (2004-2006)

Does it count against me filling in for Maz on the Main Page and the guest appearances in other columns over the years? Lol

No, I don't suppose it does.

I'd be well interested if I qualify. No harm in learning from some damn good writers on here and it'll test my yearnings I've had recently

If this is going to happen, it's going to need a few more names than we have. I'd encourage anyone who wants to see this take place to try and get the word out to anyone who might be interested.

We've got just enough initial interest to make this viable, so I'm going to move us to an official sign-up - but the three of you who've already posted in here can consider yourselves 'pre-accepted'.

Please continue to promote it in any way you can to make sure that we've got a decent number!