Mediocrity at it's finest kingzak13's Avatar

The Unofficial Columns Forum Top Trumps ULTIMATE TOURNAMENT 2018 Round 2 (Dynamite Kid bracket)

Ok since I forgot to do feedback, and donít want to bump a week+ column again, Iíll just do the feedback from the previous part here.

@PrimeTime:
    I 100% agree with you on that, the QFís are looking real good if I do say so myself.

@Dynamite: Iíd look at it more like Triple H from 2008-2010, where they are in power but they still contribute some great stuff every now and then.

Also correct me if Iím wrong, but didnít Vince win the world title at least once in the attitude era. I know he had the ECW at one point but thatís barely a world title.

@Don: while true, as far as second round competitors go, you did have the second or third least amount of time from LOP debut till the match. I canít really comment much, as right now, I have the shortest career of the quarter finalists.

And in fairness, about 90% of us are rookies to Steve.

Thanks to everyone for reading the previous round, but now itís time for the next round.

I've ran out of things to put here

Whatís up guys, Kingzak is back in action with another column. itís time for another round of the Top Trumps tournament, and this time we are capping off the round of 16 with the two matches from the Dynamite Kid bracket as Oliver takes on the CanadianCrippler and DynamiteBillington faces off against Anonymous. The winners of todayís matches will face off in quarter final match of the tournament. So without further ado, letís begin.

How the score works: There are three statistics tracked, views, columns and replies, everyone who posted a column is ranked on these three lists, the score are added up and then multiplied by the number of months that said columnist posted in. This gives you your columnist score.

Previous round:
    http://lordsofpain.tv/showthread.php...acket-Round-1)

Other Round 2 matches:
    http://lordsofpain.tv/showthread.php...Vader-bracket)

http://lordsofpain.tv/showthread.php...Bruno-bracket)

http://lordsofpain.tv/showthread.php...dhart-bracket)

Todayís matchups

Oliver vs Canadian Crippler

Oliver and ĎBear are out first, Oliver is sat on Bearís shoulders as Bear piggybacks him to the ring. Oliver is getting the crowd hyped, Canadian Crippler is out next and he is focused.

Oliver goes to the centre of the ring and poses to the fans. Crippler with a right hand to drop Oliver, Crippler with kicks to Oliver; CC whips Oliver and nails him with a knee to the gut. Oliver gets to his feet and CC with a running German suplex. Bear gets on the apron to distract the Canadian, Oliver with a quick uppercut and a northern lights suplex.

CC comes back with an arm drag, he goes for a belly to belly but Oliver with a quick rake to the eyes, Oli whips CC into the ropes, he charges but CC ducks it and sends him to the floor, Oli lands fine and CC follows him out and Oli catches him with a suplex but CC with a knee to break it. Crippler with a running elbow into the apron on Oli, he then rolls him back into the ring.

The two trade shots, CC gets the upper hand until Oli is in the corner, Canadian Crippler with a spinning DDT from the corner. CC goes to get Oli but Oliver with a jawbreaker, Oli whips CC to the corner and hits him with a splash and bulldog, Bear slides a chair in the ring. Oliver heads up top and hits an elbow drop from the top.

Bear is on the apron distracting the ref, Oli gets the chair as Crippler gets up, Oli charges but CC ducks the chair and Oli quickly bungles it out the ring as the ref returns attention to the match. CC rolls up Oli from the ropes

Kickout from Oli
    CC with a kick to the back, he lays into Oliver with a series of kicks and strikes to the head. Oliver is kneeling, CC gets Oli up and lifts him onto his shoulders for an airplane spin, Oliver flips off the hold with an arm drag, Oli with a quick backbreaker on CC, Oli gets Crippler up and goes for a suplex but CC with one of his own to counter. CC covers

Oli has a hold of the ropes.
    Oliver with a headbutt to knock CC away, Oliver follows up with a butterfly backbreaker and covers

Kickout
    Oliver gets CC up and whips him shoulder first into the post, Oliver follows with stomps in the corner, Oliver gets him up and locks in the sleeper hold, CC goes for the ropes but canít reach. CC uses the corner to flip it into a pin but Oliver quickly rolls through into one of his own

Kickout from CC
    Oliver gets CC up but CC with a big right hand, Canadian Crippler heads to the top and leaps off the top at him, Oliver with a CodeBreaker out of the air. Both men are down in the middle of the ring. Oliver crawls into the cover,

Kickout by CC
    Oliver with a right hand and a chop followed by a whip to the corner, CC with an elbow out of the corner, he goes to attack Oliver but Oli with a snapmare and chin lock, CC starts to fight out but Oliver with a scoop slam and kneeling cover

Kickout
    Oliver sends CC hard into the corner, Oliver with a couple quick strikes and puts him up top. Oliver with a super back suplex, Oliver recovers slowly and heads to the legs and locks in the figure four, Crippler struggles and manages to punch Oliver in the head to break the hold, both men get up and Oliver whips CC to the outside, Oliver goes for a big boot on the outside but CC ducks it and sends him into the post.

Canadian Crippler gets Oliver up and whips him into the ring, CC sends Oli to the corner, CC goes to attack but Oliver with a lift into a snake eyes, Oliver heads to the apron and springboards in, but CC ducks it and Oliver crashes right in the middle of the ring. Oli gets to his feet but Crippler grabs the arm and locks in the crossface.

Oliver is crawling to the ropes

Crippler rolls it back and he is right near the ropes, Oli is facing the opposite way. The ref focuses on Oliver. Bear with the chair from earlier from the outside, the ref didnít see it. The hold is broken and Oliver crawls to the ropes. Oliver hoists himself up, CC is getting up too. Oliver grabs CC and locks in the sleeper hold. CC is bleeding from the chair shot and he canít hold on. CC passes out.

Winner: Oliver

Oliver releases the hold and CC falls to the ground, Bear runs in the ring with the chair and sets it up in the ring. Oliver poses atop the chair and Bear takes some group selfies. The two exit the arena while the ref checks on Canadian Crippler.

Some pretty alright stats overall for Canadian Crippler, managing to break the top twenty in each category. Canadian Crippler also has the distinction of being the lone rookie that came back after the reset, posting well into the summer before heading off radar. Some great work from the rookie writer but not enough to overcome the collaborative juggernaut of ĎBearly Reviewing.

DynamiteBillington vs Anonymous

Dynamite is out first, Nony is out second.

Nony blows a kiss to Dynamite as the bell rings, Dynamite catches the kiss and throws it into the audience, Anonymous with a big right hand in response to this, Nony goes for a backbreaker but DB slides out and whips Nony to the outside. Dynamite whips Anonymous into the barrier and then slams Nonyís arm hard into the top of the barricade.

DB goes to attack again but Anonymous lifts Dynamite and crotches him onto the barricade. Dynamite flops to the ringside area while Nony looks on with a mixture of cringe and regret.

Nony gets back in the ring, DB follows soon after and he whips Nony into the ropes and ctaches him with a snap spinning powerslam. DB whips Nony into the corner and goes for a knee but Nony dodges, Dynamite with a suplex, Nony back to his feet and Dyanmite with a powerbomb. Dynamite goes to town on Nony.

Nony fights back to his feet and the two trade shots, Nony with a big right to drop Billington, Dynamite back up and Nony with a superkick out of nowhere. Nony whips DB into the corner, he charges him but DB moves out the way, Nony hits hard and DB catches him with a german suplex. He goes to attack but Nony with a backdrop, Nony with a nerve pinch.

Nony charges and goes for a senton, but Dynamite rolls out the way, Dynamite locks in a rear choke, but Nony fights up but Dynamite with a modified kimura lock. Nony with a punch to the kidney to break it, Nony goes for a chop, but Dynamite ducks it and hits a big uppercut. Dynamite follows up with a big german suplex and he bridges for the pin

Kickout
    Dynamite goes for an arm lock, but Anonymous with a punch to knock him away, Anonymous with a quick whip to the corner, he drops Dynamite with a kick and charges him to nail the bronco buster, he drags Dynamite away from the ropes and quickly covers

Anonymous with the Samoan Driver and covers

Dynamite has the ropes.
    Anonymous with a rear chin lock, Dynamite breaks it with a jawbreaker and turns it into an Indian deathlock, Anonymous struggles to escape but eventually fights his way out, Dynamite with elbows to the head, Dynamite goes for a kick but Anonymous dodges out the way, he pushes Dynamite into the ropes and goes to attack but Dynamite with a back body drop to the outside.

Dynamite with a suplex on the outside, he follows up with a butterfly suplex onto the ramp. Dynamite returns to the ring.

Nony is getting to his feet

Nony is back in and charges Dynamite but goes straight into a German suplex from Dynamite. Dynamite gets Anonymous up and lifts him into a vertical suplex and drops it into a facebuster. Dynamite covers

Winner: Dynamite Billington

Anonymous rolls to the outside while Dynamite celebrates in the ring. The ĎBearly Reviewing theme song hits and Oliver is out on stage, giving a sarcastic applause. Dynamite turns around into a big clothesline from ĎBear. ĎBear gets him back up and nails a brainbuster on Dynamite. ĎBear leaves as Dynamite recovers in the ring.

Nony lived up to his part timer status here, with only 7 columns posted throughout the year, and realistically, one was posted right at the end of April so my stats for it are 25 views and no comments (I have no idea what it ended up as thanks to the reset). However in typical part timer fashion, when Nony showed up, everyone paid attention, giving his total views and replies the 23rd and 21st spots as well. Where the part timer factor really pays off is in having almost all his columns in completely different months, gaining the maximum benefit from the scoring system. but in the end, seven column is seven columns, and it wasnít enough to overcome Dynamites score.

And after todayís action, the bracket is looking like this.

So we are down to eight writers left, who will be crowned as the columns forums writer of the year, our quarter finals look like this at the moment.

(Neidhart Bracket) Steve vs Mizfan
    (Vader Bracket) PrimeTime vs TripleR
    (Sammartino Bracket) Kingzak13 vs Skulduggery
    (Dynamite Kid Bracket) Oliver vs DynamiteBillington

Those look like some top notch matches to me, and we will see four more writers exit the tournament there, but for now it is time I bid you a fond farewell. I have no idea what Iím doing next, could be working on the next round, could be doing my top show of the decade column, could be Stomping Ground predictions which Iím sure is happening soon. But whatever it may be, I hope you have enjoyed todayís column and I will see you next time.
    Creating the greatest card in Survivor Series history.
    Booking by Committee: Survivor Series

LOP's part time glass ceiling DynamiteBillington's Avatar
    I made it through another round? Wow. Think this is the longest I've ever lasted in an LOP thing!

Nice touch with the post match beat down by Oli & Bear. That sort of thing is normally a clue as to who will be winning the next big match up, but I find it hard to believe that I'll make it through another round
    FACT or FICTION: The Battle for Authority
    PM me to get involved.

I don't think Dyno will mind me saying that was quite the upset. Nony is one of the most talented writers on LOP but I think that is a win for sheer darn consistency with posting. Good stuff Zak.
    SIR SAM'S COURT
    The Night It Was Still Real To Me
    @Sir_Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by SirSam View Post
    I don't think Dyno will mind me saying that was quite the upset. Nony is one of the most talented writers on LOP but I think that is a win for sheer darn consistency with posting. Good stuff Zak.
    I thought so too initially. But if Nony only did 7 columns through the year, I guess it's understandable as I did about twice that many.

Depending how the statistics have been counted and what qualifies, there is a possibility I do surprisingly well given the criteria. But then beating the main roster workhorses is what us part timers do best
    PM me to get involved.

Without wanting to disrespect Nony at all, I'm pleased to see it - good to see an important figure around here these days get some recognition of that!

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Oliver and Bear are a force to be reckoned with those dastardly bastard. They're "bearly" playing fair.

Way to go Dyno!

The qf are looking good.

Bring them on!

All the old time wrestlers have stories about wrestling Bears, I reckon I can take one. And his handler too.

PM me to get involved.

Congrats, Dynamite!

Can't help but notice I'm getting all the glory here, that should really go to Zak for pulling this whole thing together!
    PM me to get involved.