Thread: Ring of Honor

Ring of Honor

War of the worlds tour is on. They're having a lot of NJPW people over at the moment. Next event is advertising Cody vs Liger, Naito vs Beer City Bruiser, Roppongi 3K vs So Cal uncensored, and Hangman Page defending the TV Title against Sean Young.

Watched the RoH tv this past week, thought it was interesting that the person who stood out the most was probably Bully Ray. Not exactly someone that I'd really think of as typifying RoH but clear he still bought a certain menace and intensity to an otherwise forgettable middle of the show.

The knee strike to win the women's opener was quite something though. Kelly Klein, I think her name was? Not someone I know truth be told.

The Brain
    I've seen her once, last year she had a banger of a match with Io Shirai in Stardom where they literally fought out to the parking lot on top of cars. It was also really good for the in ring parts, for what it's worth. I liked her a lot based on that appearance, though I'm pretty sure Shirai could carry me to a ***1/2 match if it came to it.

Weird to hear Bully Ray is notable again. His big singles breakout earlier in the decade was stupendous, one of the best things about the period, but after 2014 he was pretty much a nonfactor, very forgettable in the WWE and not really recapturing the magic elsewhere.

I'm not going to lie, it was a surprise to me too, but he sauntered out and beat the crap out of some young guys and cut a promo, and there's just a whole other level that he was tapping into.

I won't say it was his TNA best kinda levels, but you could definitely see shades of the performer he was, and in RoH that's going to add value.

I Wrestled A Bear Once. CanadianCrippler's Avatar
    The way that they've slowly gotten Flip Gordon over with the Young Bucks alignment and main eventing TV frequently gives me the impression that he could be in line for a Television Championship push or at the very least some form of title contention. personally I'm not a fan of him, he just doesn't vibe with me even though he's remarkably talented. I don't wanna see him go to waste like Lio Rush but I'd be happy with him having a tenure similar to Cedric Alexander.

Also I've been wondering how ROH would handle creating divisions with rankings if they were to create a Cruiserweight or Junior Heavyweight Championship for the smaller guys to get recognition from. I think they're fine without J.H. Tag Team Championships but having a weight class Championship to divide the average sized guys from the larger guys would be a great thing to implement to further diversify the roster.