Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Those are all correct. Just two remain.

I'm racking my brains but am struggling to come up with anything. Sorry Steve.
    Last edited by SirSam; 06-02-2018 at 12:34 AM.

I suppose I'm the one who should apologize. I apparently have vague as fuck musical tastes.

If you were to stack two green citrus fruits, #1 would be the one on the bottom. It could also be a green citrus that has somehow been rigged to travel deep underwater and perhaps house Sean Connery or Steven Seagal.

I seem to be the only one who gives a shit about #5 these days, despite the fact that I still hear their songs pretty regularly on the radio. Though not on this album, those songs include such noteworthy hits as Til I Hear It From You and Follow You Down.

#1 is Sublimeís self-titled album
    #5 is Gin Blossomís New Miserable Experience
    Last edited by meandi; 06-02-2018 at 03:50 PM.

From what I can tell you needed an American to get the Gin Blossoms. They don't seem to have made much of a dent outside North America.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Honestly, it didnít even click until Steve gave song titles. They didnít last too long around here, either, from what I remember.

The Gins had a pretty solid run from their debut album in 1992 until they split in early '97. That's not a bad run at all. They had 4 singles and 2 albums that charted in the UK and 3 singles, 2 albums that charted in Australia. If you listen to any sort of channel that plays 90s hits, you'll definitely hear some Gin Blossoms. Though their run was somewhat short lived, the songs produced stand out as some of the most played of the decade.

Sublime was a monster hit, though. I honestly thought it'd be guessed pretty early on, as everyone I knew had that album back in the day.

Both are correct, obviously. meandi with the win. You're up.

I did see that they'd charted here, but as the albums didn't crack the top 40 (kind of our mark that really designate a hit) which is why I didn't think anyone would get it. Looks like a couple of the singles did a little better here. Could literally be that I'm a couple of years younger, but yeah, I don't think I've ever heard them on the radio so after the first release I think they'd have just disappeared from our consciousness.

It's interesting how different bands fare like that internationally because some do better away from their home market, too.

So... can you guys tell me how to actually make the pic so I can get it posted at some point?

Well there's a number of ways to do them. Someone else might have a better one, but mine is https://ipiccy.com/

I edit the photos down to the bit I want and save them, and when I have 9 I use the collage function to put them all together.

My tip is when you google images make sure you search for large images so it isn't too pixelly when you cut it down. I also aim for a 600 x 600 pixel canvas and each album takes up 200 x 200 pixels

Thanks. Iíll play around with it tonight when I get home from work and hopefully have something by the end of the night.

I tend to use the same method as Sam. I use paint.net to do it, which is like a free extremely base level version of Photoshop. Prime's way seems to work just fine, though. I guess it's whatever is easier for each individual.

I'd love to do one of these album things, but that's means winning one first of all and then making the bastard thing.

I'm pretty sure I could put some really obscure/abstract metal albums up people don't know and a few easy ones.

Ugh... finally figured all this out. Posting it was the hardest part. Anyways... there's a theme, but if I say what it is, I'm pretty sure this will take no time at all to figure out. So, yeah...go.

1 Britney Spears - Britney (Steve)
    2 Katy Perry - Teenage Dream (SirSam)
    3 Christina Aguilera - Stripped (SirSam)
    5 Kesha - Animal (Gooner)
    6 Rihanna - Rated R (Gooner)
    7 Madonna - Music (SirSam)
    9 Taylor Swift - Red

Scores

SirSam - 3
    Gooner - 2
    Steve - 1
    PrimeTime - 1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by meandi; 06-05-2018 at 07:49 AM.

This is embarrassing

2- Teenage Dream by Katy Perry
    3- Stripped by Christina Aguleria

I guess I was a frequent visitor of the guilty pleasures thread on the old board.

4 is givng me some serious flashbacks too.
    Last edited by SirSam; 06-04-2018 at 10:28 PM.

Correct on both, sir.

And, yes... it is kind of embarrassing.

Eh, a good song is a good song no matter if it is pop or whatever else.

As for Stripped, well lets just say that some of the video clips were early teenage Sir Sam's favourite 'work' by any female singer.
    Last edited by SirSam; 06-04-2018 at 11:56 PM.

Pretty sure I know exactly which video youíre talking about. And then that Maxim cover spread she did shortly thereafter...

#1 is definitely Britney by my future wife, Britney Spears.

Wait, I just noticed the M in the corner of number 7. Is it Music by Madonna?

Steve and SirSam, you are both correct

I'm also going to assume that the theme is that all the albums are by female artists.

I feel like I recognize both #3 and #5 but can't make it click for the life of me. And I know that #9 is a picture of Taylor Swift, but I couldn't name one of her albums if you forced me at gunpoint. She's one of those artists that I only know some of the songs, not the albums.

Odd fact, but apparently a few of Taylor's songs meld perfectly with Sami Zayn's entrance theme. Check it out on YouTube. Kinda fun.

Anywho, I'm thinking that may be all I get from this one, as I'm woefully uninformed as it pertains to modern music, which is what I assume most of these are.

Steve, you are correct with the theme. Thought it might be fun to just throw up a bunch of female pop artists.

Iíll have to check out the Sami Zayn/Taylor Swift stuff. Funny side note... I didnít see you put ďSamiĒ at first, and I totally thought you were about to say how awesome the Zayn/Taylor song from some soundtrack (one of the 50 Shades movies, maybe?) was.

Also... itís not completely all modern stuff. Some of the albums are a decade old at this point.
    Last edited by meandi; 06-05-2018 at 01:11 AM.

"Modern" to me tends to mean anything released since, like, 2005-ish. For instance, I have vague knowledge of the fact that some pop singer named Zayn exists, and that he was in one of the more recent (probably over a decade old at this point) boy bands or something. That said, I have zero clue who he is. Couldn't pick him out of a lineup, have never knowingly heard one of his songs, had no clue whatsoever that he had done a song with Taylor Swift.

I don't hate on that sort of music at all, of course. It's just that growth within my musical tastes came to a halt some time ago. I mostly listen to the same bands and stuff that I was listening to in high school these days.

As sign that I'm old, though, is that when you said "a decade old" my mind immediately went to the 90s. This time shit just keeps on slipping by me somehow.

6. Rated R by Rihanna. And I have no shame in knowing that.
    5. Animal by Kesha. That one I do have shame in knowing...

Can't add much except the Swift album is, I believe, called Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    As sign that I'm old, though, is that when you said "a decade old" my mind immediately went to the 90s. This time shit just keeps on slipping by me somehow.
    If youíre old, then so am I. From what I gather from columns, weíre only about a year or two difference in age. I have teenage daughters, though, so maybe that explains why I tend to keep up with current stuff more.

Gooner and PrimeTime, youíre both correct.

I'm in the same boat as Sam in that 4) is making some neurons fire somewhere in my brain but I can't dredge the name of it for the life of me.

I figured 4 would be the most difficult. Itís the newest artist out of all the rest, and youíd honestly have to be up to date on current pop music to get that one.

With that clue I knew I wouldn't get it, cheated, and found it in seconds.

Never heard of it though. It must just look like another cover and my brain is playing a trick on me. Unless I saw it on TV or the 'net somewhere and I'm subconsciously remembering it.

Should I go ahead and throw up some hints? Or should we just shoot this one down? Apparently thereís a few people that know female pop... but I mightíve taken it a tad overboard.

Steve... just checked out that Sami Zayn/Taylor Swift video. Someone needs to tweet that to her so she can make a little medley during her super-duper stadium tour that she just started. That video was absolutely amazing.
    Last edited by meandi; 06-06-2018 at 12:20 AM.

Way too early to shoot it down. Throw out those clues. I'm sure that the more generally mainstream nature of the albums in question will make them more identifiable than my apparently vague 90s old man stuff. lol

Steve... just made an edit to my previous post directed to you... look up

#4... She grew up with music from the early to mid 90s, and also had legal marijuana.

#8... She went on spring break once and didnít like the outcome.
    Last edited by meandi; 06-06-2018 at 12:37 AM.

The Taylor/Sami stuff really is great. Especially the Shake It Off one. That shit was in my head for a couple days after hearing it.

Maybe time to consider more clues?

I second that emotion.

Yeah... I was pretty drunk when I threw up those first clues. My bad. Maybe these will help a bit more.

#4... While having some moderate success prior, this artist really started finding fame after linking up with The Chainsmokers for one of their biggest hits

#8... She was the most followed on Instagram in 2016 and 2017

Is Number 4 Halsey?

Am I allowed to give a point for just the artist? Or does it have to be the actual album, as well?