Young Lions Cup - The Final (& Rd 1 results)

The last results for the first round are in. The judges scores were all over the place in terms of exact numbers, but there were some commonalities and the order in which they put people tended to be the same, which meant that quite a clear picture emerged. I think it's fair to say that the two people advancing were the choice to make it through to the final across the board. Anyway, here is the final table - will the score for round three, and the overall score across the three rounds.

Code:

Name		RD1	RD2	RD3	Total
    --------------------------------------------------

S. Woodburn	223*	241	260	724
    LWO4Life	194	251	223	668
    Drayzera	207	224	196	627
    Shee		179	235	189	603
    Dyn. Billington	186	201	175	562
    KingZak13	142	202	190	534

No penalties were required this time, and so I think it's fairly clear to see that the top two participants who progress to the final are Scott Woodburn and LWO4Life. There's something appropriate about this as they won each round between the two of them. Before we get to that, though, I want to take a moment to specially thank the four players exiting the competition at this stage. There's been some great material produced and it's been really great to see you guys stretching yourselves - and I hope you'll all stick around!

Now, to the final. The same rules generally speaking apply, only there's no cumulative scoring this time out. It's a case of the best 2/3. The full rules can be found in the original column, way back when, which will explain it all in the event of ties and so on, but basically if you beat your opponent in two columns here, you win. If you do it in two straight there'll be no need for the third, but if not we'll have a decider.

So, for Scott and LWO:

Deadline: Sunday 18th August, 17:00 UK Time, 12:00 Eastern Time
    Other timezones available on request

Your topic this time comes from Doc: The Wrestling World Cup - the best in the world from every region on planet earth.

Your word limit is 2000.

Please post your column in the main part of the forum and mark it (YLC-Final 1).

Thanks again everyone. Looking forward to seeing what people come up with for the final!

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

LOP's part time glass ceiling DynamiteBillington's Avatar
    Glad I didn't get through if we had to write about Shane!

Looking forward to the final. Great topic. I think there's a lot of room for fun with this one.

Wow, thank you. I will admit that last round wasn't fully my best. I think I referenced staying up until one writing, that was a shoot.. lol. But this time I will try to deliver. I already have three people in SUPER excited to write about.

Good luck to Scott. I'm positive you'll write something amazing.

Yo to all! I'm honoured to be a part of this and am glad to have been mentored with amazing minds and battled with great writers! I'm glad I found a place I could call home!

Congrats to the guys progressing and great job to all the guys who took part.

Tornaments are hard work and I think you all availed yourselves well. Sorry I fell off the feedback train later on, had some real life stuff with my job and house go down that made me quite busy.

Im still open to review anything posted for the finals.
    Last edited by SirSam; 08-11-2019 at 04:16 AM.

Fuck it anyway.

Thanks lads for all the time and effort put in to this, was great fun to get back writing. Best of luck to the two boys in the final!

The Brain
    This has been a lot of fun, to read and to feed. I'm sorry I couldn't always get back to everybody who reached out to me, hope I was helpful to those I did get back to. Looking forward to this final!

Just as an added kicker we have decided that the winner of the Young Lions Cup will get a guest post on the LOP Main Page!

They can write a unique piece or choose one from their tournament entries.

Great chance to show off to a much larger audience.

Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with.

Accidental double post
    Last edited by DynamiteBillington; 08-18-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Got to admit, I hadn't noticed it wasn't part of the prize! It is normally isn't it?

Also, I know this sort of thing is frowned upon, but I was kind of hoping for a bit more feedback on my "What Am I?" column - it's essentially what I wanted to write for the 3rd round of this tournament, so I'm curious to know what the mentors thought & how the judges may have scored it had I managed to get it posted in time.

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    Happy to check it out soon as I get a chance Dynamite. And I don't think there's anything wrong with asking for feedback.