Johnny Wrestling Thread

Johnny Gargano has got to be one of the hottest commodities in the WWE right now, by only the start of April he had pulled off two of the most highly critically acclaimed matches the company has had this decade.

My question is though, where does this all lead him? The obvious short term answer is the NXT championship but long term I am not so sure.
    Last edited by SirSam; 05-12-2018 at 03:48 AM.

Sadly me neither, though his match with Almas is in my top WWE matches of the decade, so I'm still trying to be positive.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I think he ends up on SmackDown before the end of the year.

Twitter: @libsuperstar

He'll end up on RAW. Him and Bryan on the same brand would be kinda redundant.

“Stoop to your own level. Your nature. Trust yourself. And most importantly... You have to learn what laws are really laws and not… Oppression."

It will be interesting to see how they handle him and if Vince will baulk at a guy who is so obviously not his traditional 'type' being a big deal, particularly with Daniel Bryan already running around.

The Brain
    I liked Gargano on the independent scene, but I admit I never would have guessed he could have tapped into the kind of crowd connection he's got going on right now. If he can keep on his current path, he could be one of the most important guys in the WWE over the next 10 years.

Or he could have everything good about him stripped away the moment he's called up. It's a crapshoot, sadly.

I think Gargano might be the best example of the PC taking raw talent and honing it, recently for sure.

I'd honestly keep him in NXT for a while longer. He and Dream could have a great feud down the line, there are guys like Ricochet for him to go up against.

Would you bet against Gargano getting a third five stars from Meltzer's this year if he stays in NXT?

The Brain
    I wouldn't bet against it. This is his time, he may well never be better than he is right now, so glad to see him take it as far as he possibly can.

The more I think about it, the only WWE matches I've loved in the last couple of years that didn't have him in have either had The Revival, or Drew Gulak in. Oh, and or The Miz, he's had a couple. Even the critically acclaimed darlings like AJ and Seth don't really, truly do it for me on a consistent basis (I find I don't believe their stuff more often than not, and while Gargano is too busy like most modern wrestlers he still tends more in the direction I like). So yeah, wishing him the best, and hopefully they're able to harness it to the utmost.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

The Brain
    Also worth noting that as good as AJ and Seth are they've worked almost entirely on the main roster, where you can't buy a meaningful character or story to save your life unless you're like the Miz and you're doing literally all of the legwork yourself. Gargano and Revival have had the benefit of far superior booking to give them a boost. As for Gulak, I imagine it's his style and his psychology driven approach to wrestling that you appreciate?