Thread: Erick Rowan

Erick Rowan

I have to say that I am liking what the WWE is doing with Erick Rowan. However, I see the problem as after this program with Reigns where Reigns obviously wins the feud, will Rowan just fade back into obscurity?

I hope not. Finally after 7 years they allow him to speak, and he is better than much of the roster. He also has size and athletic ability. I hope that this feud last through a few PPVs, and then during the blowoff match I hope that we get DB running in and starting a feud with Rowan. That way it does not become the 80s all over again, where the WWE builds up monsters to challenge the face, only to lose and go no where.

I don't know, I've come to think that WWE sees something in Rowan and wants to invest in him, hence the major role with the Wyatt Family and them continually finding a space for him on TV. Maybe this is the start of something big for him.

They should definitely run something with Bryan vs Rowan once this Reigns stuff is done, in my opinion.

Rowan is one of those guys that almost became a victim of there only being one major wrestling company. Sort of like Ziggler in a way.

For a long time he really wasn't good, and I think that a lot of fans wrote him off and had hand waved the possibility that he might be able to achieve more or get to a higher spot on the card. I distinctly remember people being very negative towards him.

Unfortunately, this was after the fall of WCW but before guys were really finding success leaving WWE and making a name for themselves on the indies. Move his career back 25 years or ahead five and I think he could have left WWE after that terrible sommelier gimmick and maybe come back after a year or two rejuvenated and in a better spot on the card.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    I have to say that I am liking what the WWE is doing with Erick Rowan. However, I see the problem as after this program with Reigns where Reigns obviously wins the feud, will Rowan just fade back into obscurity?

I hope not. Finally after 7 years they allow him to speak, and he is better than much of the roster. He also has size and athletic ability. I hope that this feud last through a few PPVs, and then during the blowoff match I hope that we get DB running in and starting a feud with Rowan. That way it does not become the 80s all over again, where the WWE builds up monsters to challenge the face, only to lose and go no where.
    Obscurity? Tag champs with Daniel Bryan, tag champs with Luke Harper, major part of Wyatt Family... obscurity would be Gran Metalik going back to 205 Liv until his contract expires, despite having a great match on Raw vs Rey.

Rowan is fine. This is a nice test for him to show his ability in singles action, without a partner, and if he can deliver, he'll be near the top of the card. If he disappoints, he'll be in the midcard.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    Rowan is one of those guys that almost became a victim of there only being one major wrestling company. Sort of like Ziggler in a way.

For a long time he really wasn't good, and I think that a lot of fans wrote him off and had hand waved the possibility that he might be able to achieve more or get to a higher spot on the card. I distinctly remember people being very negative towards him.

Unfortunately, this was after the fall of WCW but before guys were really finding success leaving WWE and making a name for themselves on the indies. Move his career back 25 years or ahead five and I think he could have left WWE after that terrible sommelier gimmick and maybe come back after a year or two rejuvenated and in a better spot on the card.

I mean he did work nearly ten years on the indies before joining WWE and even had a semi-extensive run with Pro Wrestling NOAH back in 2011 where he got to wrestle guys like Rocky Romero and Go Shiozaki. He had plenty of time to develop and I think leaving for the indies would've done as much for him as it did for Curt Hawkins; zero. He is what he is at this point and fits perfectly for WWE since he can always be the third guy in a stable or the bodyguard to a bigger star.

Transgender Terror
    Feed him to Orton already.