Mediocrity at it's finest kingzak13's Avatar

Kingzak Presents: Clash of Champions 2019 Predictions

I got nothing

Whatís up guys, Kingzak is back in action with another round of predictions. The big shows just keep coming recently, in the past month we have had two Takeovers and SummerSlam to go over. Needless to say I was a bit burnt out by the end of the second takeover, especially given the lacklustre reporting on it and lack of discussion going on about the show. But a couple rather good weeks of wrestling TV have really brought it back in for me. Lots of interesting developments taking place, some pretty good matches too, only real downside is Baron Corbin is a thing again after a month off.

Speaking of coming back, the rest of the family will be joining me and the dog this time around after missing out on Takeover: Cardiff. And it is quite the card they are coming back to, for the first time since WrestleMania; all the titles are going to be defended. Plus King of the Ring came back and a tournament is always a good addition to any card. So that is a lot of good fun stuff on the horizon, so without further ado, letís dive in shall we.

Zakís Note: I know king of the ring got removed, but I already wrote the intro and the fact that it was removed actively annoys me, that means either it no longer matters, or we are getting some bullshit result that they didnít want tied to the PPV. So prepare for either no follow up or King Corbin Ö I donít know which is worse.

Drew Gulak vs. Humberto Carrillo vs. Lince Dorado
    Cruiserweight Championship

As per usual, I canít say much about the world of 205; however this one did have me a bit confused. As recent as a couple weeks ago, Oney Lorcan and Drew Gulak were feuding and having their own little Survivor Series-esque match, cut to now and two other superstars have been thrust into the title scene. I looked it up, and the route to here makes sense, with Carrillo and Lorcan being the last two standing, having a number one contender match, and then Lince beat Humberto the next week to be added.

So like I said, the rational for the match is there, but even then it is a pretty strong diversion from what was going on. And based on that, I feel like this was just an awkward way out of the feud, or more hopefully a way to not burn us out on that feud because I really wouldnít mind seeing it continue, and it is not often that I am curious to see something on 205Live.

As you may be guessing from that last paragraph, I am looking at this as a bit of a filler match. I do expect it to be good because 205 never fails in that regard, however I am doubtful that there will be a change of the championship here. Drew is 100% retaining here.

Zak: Drew Gulak
    Brother: Drew Gulak
    Dad: Dorito Gulak
    Dog: Lince Dorado
    Mum: Lince Dorado

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. The Miz
    Intercontinental Championship

Shinsuke Nakamura and Sami Zayn Ö on paper that team sounds good but something feels odd about it, Oh right, itís the fact that it hasnít been treated to matter at all. this is the sixth most important storyline on SmackDown, coming after every other title, King of the Ring and Romanís murder mystery, and there is always the possibility of 24/7 shenanigans too. The sixth most important thing, itís hard to still consider it important at that point isnít it.

I do hope that this will be a good match and realistically all the elements are there, Shinsuke usually hits between a 3.25 and a 4 depending on opponent and The Miz is usually pretty on point these days. So realistically this should be good, but we havenít had a good midcard title match in quite some time. The last one was Ricochet vs Joe for the US title back at Stomping Grounds, and as for the IC title the last was at SummerSlam 2018 (Rollins vs Ziggler). There hasnít been a PPV IC title match since then that has actually been worth watching, and that is a worrying trend.

As for the winner, I think this one is a bit obvious, while a title change isnít out of the question here given WWEís ďsurprise changesĒ that they like to do so much, but I think overall there is too much working against The Miz here, couple in the likely Sami Zayn interference and I canít see Shinsuke losing the title here. Maybe this goes into the next show thanks to a DQ or something but a title change isnít likely.

Zak: Shinsuke retains.
    Brother: Shinsuke Nakamura
    Dad: Shinsuke Nakamura
    Dog: Shinsuke Nakamura
    Mum: Shinsuke Nakamura

Fun Fact: The Miz is one reign away from being undoubtedly the greatest IC champion of all time, he is one reign short of the most reigns, currently held by AEW champion Chris Jericho (and that alone is a reason to think WWE will give Miz the win here), and is also 20 days off of the most combined days with the title, currently 599 against Pedro Moralesí 619 days. So currently The Miz is the second best in both categories.

Roman Reigns vs. Erick Rowan
    No DQ Match

I go back and forth on my feelings about this whole thing. It is completely ridiculous, but it is the sort of over the top drama that I love. Plus this feud has kept Roman and Bryan busy, while also giving Buddy Murphy a platform to impress on. While the silly sort of twists and turns may turn some fans off, I happen to enjoy the over the top soap opera drama that this feud has been rife with. Couple in some good matches and youíve got an entertaining feud in my books.

This is going to be complete chaos, Reigns is truly exceptional when it comes to no DQ stipulations, and these sort of big man brawls always go great with hardcore matches, couple in some added interference from Bryan and maybe even Buddy Murphy and you have wonderful anarchy.

As for the winner, Iím thinking two things; firstly I donít think this is quite the end for the feud yet. Unless Roman is going to tip the stage equipment onto Rowan for a little poetic justice, I donít think this one is done just yet. Secondly, I get the feeling WWE want to push Erick Rowan, they have a habit of pushing half of a tag team when the other leaves, and if all the build-up just led to him losing here, would be a bit anti-climactic. Maybe Bryan was in on it all along, maybe Rowan almost kills Reigns again for the win and we get a cell match. But this feud still has some legs to it,

Zak: Erick Rowan
    Brother: Erick Rowan
    Dad: Anyone but Roman Reigns
    Dog: Roman Reigns
    Mum: Roman Reigns

Dog: Brings his toy penguin to me for a tug of war. We play tug of war as I type this with my other hand, the dog wins.

Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross vs. Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville
    Women's Tag Team Championship

Whoíd have thought that the 24/7 championship would be more prestigious than the womenís tag titles? I would have and have held that thought since the inception of both belts. The 24/7 title is the jobber anarchy title, and that can be a good laugh. The Womenís tag titles were not needed, and still arenít, I have yet to see anything aside from the initial chamber match be considered fun or entertaining. You know what, fuck it Iím done. These titles either need to get interesting or Iím just gonna puppy them next time, Iím tired of ranting on this.

Zak: Bliss and Cross
    Brother: Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross
    Dad: Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross
    Dog: Alexa Bliss
    Mum: Alexa Bliss and the other one

AJ Styles vs. Cedric Alexander
    United States Championship

I donít want to puppy this one, but it fits the criteria, last minute, not really got any build to it. But there is something stopping me from skipping this one. I donít know what it is but I think I enjoy both these superstars enough and have enough faith in a good match that this match seems mention worthy. I donít even know the criteria for my own gimmicks at this point.

While this match comes completely out of the blue, with AJ feuding with Braun and Seth, wishing that he wasnít US champion and he could join that match for a triple threat and Cedric Ö he was feuding with Drew McIntyre before Drew took a couple weeks off. So this is kind of a thrown together match, however one of the advantages of the most talented wrestling roster in history, even a thrown together match looks pretty damn good.

While a good match is to be expected here, another thing to be expected is AJ walking away with the gold still in his hands. This match was just put on card because every title needs to be defended at the champions PPV. AJ retaining is the foregone conclusion.

Zak: AJ Styles
    Brother: AJ Styles
    Dad: AJ Styles (Cedric Alexander canít afford a surname)
    Dog: AJ Styles
    Mum: Cedric Alexander

Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks
    Raw Women's Championship

Thank god for Sasha Banks. I have spent the last few months complaining how utterly shit the Raw Womenís division is whenever given the opportunity. Becky was the hottest act in wrestling and she was given shit to work with. Sasha coming back is the best thing that could happen; it gives Becky an opponent that is on her level. There are only a few top level talents in each division and having to work with the jobbers of the division is gonna ruin the momentum of any title reign.

Based on the history between these two, this should be a fantastic match. Their match at Takeover a few years back was the highlight of the evening, and honestly both have gotten better since then. This is probably the most obvious pick for match of the night that we have on the card.

As to the outcome, I think a change is necessary to keep the title interesting, I doubt the feud ends here but I think the best way to continue is to have Banks win the womenís title, really put over that she is on that same level. Also it sets up a great idea I came up with for the next PPV. Beckyís reign needs to hit the refresh button after a dismal spring and summer. This is the perfect opportunity for that.

Zak: Sasha Banks
    Brother: Sasha Banks
    Dad: Sasha Banks
    Dog: Becky Lynch
    Mum: Sasha Banks

Bayley vs. Charlotte Flair
    SmackDown Women's Championship

I was curious to see how Bayley would be regarding Sashaís return and subsequent heel turn, was there going to be conflict, would she try and convince her to come back to the light. Nope, she embraced the darkness and it is definitely different, Bayley has been a face her entire WWE career and this is a welcome turn.

I am a bit iffy on this as a match though, Bayley and Charlotte do not have a history of great matches between them, for the most part they seem to hover around the sort of passable/good sort of area, which given their histories with other opponents is a bit of a shame. But who knows, maybe the new persona for Bayley will offer up what has been missing in their previous encounters.

As to the outcome, I am not 100% on this one. Charlotte winning the title is never too far away in the WWE, but Bayley is in the midst of a turn and a loss here would really cut her momentum from that. The sensible answer here would be for Bayley to retain, maybe by cheating, and have Banks and Bayley be the champions. That seems both the most likely scenario and the sensible option, will WWE do it, who knows, they love doing dumb shit to surprise people.

Zak: Bayley
    Brother: Charlotte Flair
    Dad: Charlotte Flair
    Dog: Bayley
    Mum: Charlotte Flair

Zakís Idea

Banks and Bayley vs Charlotte and Becky for both titles in a tag Hell in a Cell match.

There is no part of that which doesnít sound awesome. The sort of feud they have going right now definitely could warrant the Cell, and would be nice to see Becky and Charlotte either forced to work together to reach their goal, or even reconcile.

Fuck it, get the womenís tag titles on one team, it will be the best match in that titles history (not got a lot of competition), and would give the chance for the winning team to go full power trip holding ever title available.

Seth Rollins and Braun Strowman vs. Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler
    Raw Tag Team Championship

An accurate summary of my feelings regarding the way the Raw tag titles have been treated this year.

Jesus, fucking, Christ. Every time I think, okay it canít get worse, it somehow does. These make the womenís tag titles look prestigious by comparison. Just take a look at the champions weíve had the past two years

ē A ten year old Child
    ē Bray Wyatt minus all interesting character traits
    ē Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel
    ē Drake Maverick and his weaponized urine.
    ē Gallows and Anderson
    ē Curt fucking Hawkins, the man who at the time had won less than 10% of his 300 or so matches.

I reckon between all of us at LOP, we could win the Raw tag titles somehow. At this point Iím only half joking about that, that is the level of importance the title has, that a random group of fans could somehow end up winning the belts.

Here we have two thrown together teams competing for the belts, nothing says serious tag teams like teams that have only just became a team.

My prediction for this match is that I wonít give a fuck about it or anything that happens here.

Brother: Is Robert Roode Bobby Roode?
    Zak: Yeah, heís matured and evolved. He has a moustache now
    Dad: He evolved, did he use a Moon Stone?
    Zak: That is a good Pokťmon reference, Iím proud of you.

Zak: I wonít give a fuck
    Brother: Seth Rollins and Braun Strowman
    Dad: Robert Roode and Dolphin Juggler
    Dog: Roode and Ziggler
    Mum: Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler

Seth Rollins vs. Braun Strowman
    Universal Championship

This should feel like a bigger deal than it is. Seth is the beast conquering hero and Braun is a force of destruction, this sort of match should feel like it matters instead of it just happening. To make matters worse, neither man has really stepped up their game for this. Seth doesnít see Braun as a threat and Braun is treating this like itís just another match. This is without a doubt, the least exciting build to world title match I have seen in quite some time. At least Baron Corbin wanted to win the world title. Both these guys can do better, and quite frankly should have done better.

Iím not even too sure on how the match will go, both in quality and outcome. Both men have the ability to have a good match but the two are both faces with different sort of match styles and that could spell trouble for the first fifteen minutes of this match. The next ten will probably be fine, though by all rights it should see AJ and the Club cause a DQ or something. Or maybe The Fiend shows up and lays one out to make the challenge. Even if that doesnít happen, I doubt we get Seth losing the title, he just won it off Lesnar and a loss here would pretty much discredit that.

Zak: Seth (or a Club based finish)
    Brother: Braun Strowman (Heís gonna cheat)
    Dad: Seth Rollins
    Dog: Seth Rollins
    Mum: Seth Rollins

The New Day vs. The Revival
    SmackDown Tag Team Championship

You know, the SmackDown tag titles are actually having an alright time. Despite a kinda lacklustre start to the year, right now I would say they are in a fairly good position. Bryan and Rowan had a pretty good run with the titles and putting the titles on The New Day is always a good idea, they are always a good pick, and this feud developing thanks to the World title feud is actually a pretty good side piece to the title.

I am excited for this one as a match, on both sides youíve got a fantastic tag team and with an actual build to this, this is one of my favourites of the night. We are getting some great tag team matches offered this year, The Usos vs The Revival was alright (though loses points for some of the skits, like ucey hot) and Bryan/Rowan vs Heavy Machinery was pretty good. But then again, Curt Hawkins won a tag title, so not everything is good. But this match should be, this is one of the matches to just sit back and enjoy.

Going into this I was fairly certain that The New Day would be retaining based on the fact that The Revival is on Raw. However the idea of the team being dethroned after injuries caused by The Revival and Ortonís attacks actually works for me. I am happy with either outcome, however the need for an answer and simple logic pushes me to say that The New Day win, The Revival are currently Raw Superstars, and while they could easily come over to the good brand, WWE donít like mid-year swapping and given the new SmackDown coming soon, itís probably best not to start muddying the waters with titles being inter-brand right now.

Zak: The New Day
    Brother: The New Day
    Dad: The Revival
    Dog: The Revival
    Mum: The Revival

Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton
    WWE Championship

This should be the main event, will it be the main event, probably not. This is the better built match, the better rivalry, and most likely the better actual match. But it wonít go on last because itís not Raw. What sort of bullshit is that. I have really enjoyed the feud between these two, Orton as a heel is always a quality challenger and Kofi has been having the year of his career, this feud is the best they have going on the menís side across all divisions. I am expecting a great match from these two. They both have had great matches, both together and against others so that isnít really a debate.

As towards the outcome, I donít think this feud is done quite yet, if there was any feud thatís worth going in the Cell next month, this is definitely it. Just imagine all the insane stuff Kofi could do in the Cell, and Orton is practically a HIAC veteran at this point. That match being next just makes too much sense for it not to happen. This is probably the most likely place we see Kofi lose his title to Orton, but even then, I get the feeling that Kofi is going to make it through this feud and his next big opponent following will be the one to finally and sadly dethrone him. But for now, Kofi is keeping the belt firmly in his grasp.

Zak: Kofi Kingston
    Brother: Randy Orton
    Dad: Kofi Kingston
    Dog: Randy Orton
    Mum: Randy Orton

Dog Predictions

Standard prediction ham and such.

ē Roode and Ziggler immediately, took paper but it fell to floor.
    ē Got bliss and Cross on second try,
    ē Almost took Romanís paper, but it got on his gums
    ē Lince and his paper immediately, he is very slobbery at this moment.
    ē Completely missed and licked the entire pinky side of my right hand. Then he went for Becky
    ē Somehow got Shinsukeís paper out from under his ham perfectly, like that table cloth trick. He went back and grabbed it when he realised
    ē Missed on first try, then got AJ and his paper on second try.
    ē A quick pick for Revival
    ē Somehow got in between both hams and just licked my hand. Then he went for Seth
    ē Bayley and her paper immediately
    ē Got Orton and his paper, I was able to retrieve the paper

Zak: Any final comments
    Dad: Can we get bonus points for this 24/7 thing
    Zak: Sure, why not
    Dad: How many points
    Zak: I donít know, how many do you want
    Dad: A point if you can guess if it changes, 5 points if you guess who challenges for it
    Zak: Fuck it, why not. Who do you want?
    Dad: Tangerine Dream, havenít heard his name yet so I guess he is free
    Zak: he might be, but then he is still in NXT
    Brother: It could be his debut, you donít know.
    Zak: fair point, who do you want for the 24/7 title?
    Brother: Iíve gotta think whoís still knocking around.
    A few seconds later
    Brother: Iím gonna go with Jeff Hardy if he is still there.
    Zak: Heís still there but he broke his leg
    Brother: Fine then, Matt Hardy instead
    Zak: Mum you got anything for it.
    Mum: what am I predicting.
    Dad: This 24/7 title thing, basically pick anyone and if they win you get points.
    Mum: Who am I picking from?
    Dad: Anyone, you could have the ghost of Andre the Giant if you wanted.
    Mum: I donít know
    Dad: Well do you think the title will change hands?
    Mum: yeah sure why not.
    Dad: Well who are you picking
    Zak: Iíll have to think on that and put it in the column somewhere
    Dad: Come on, we all thought of one in the moment, you do it.
    Zak: Okay, well I reckon the title does change hands, but I reckon it finds its way back R-Truth for reign 30, only other person I can see winning it would be Drake Maverick.

A very middling sort of card here, several matches that I am excited for, but a bunch of other stuff stuck on the card obligatorily. For what it is, this is actually looking like a good show, we have some good stories, good matches and a couple big matches where a title change is looking likely, you canít ask for more from a show, doing anything more than is more towards fan selfishness than something to amplify a show.

And on that optimistic note, it is time I bid you all a fond farewell. Iíll be back Monday with the Royal Recap and I know I said that for SummerSlam and Takeover Cardiff but this time I mean it. For now though, it is time I bid you all a fond farewell and I will see you next time for more.
    Creating the greatest card in Survivor Series history.
    Booking by Committee: Survivor Series

LOP's part time glass ceiling DynamiteBillington's Avatar
    How about this for a thought: New Day vs Orton/Revival (and maybe a couple of extras on each side) for a Survivor Series match?

It's the right time of year and would be a better story than the standard cop out of Raw vs Smackdown - which they are likely to shy away from now they have two separate TV channels to keep happy....
    FACT or FICTION: Which Promotion Dies? (And can NXT beat Raw/Smackdown?)
    PM me to get involved.

After making the King of the Ring feel like such a big deal these past few weeks it just seems like such a waste to not have the finale on a PPV. Oh, and Baron Corbin... ugh. I don't see why some people enjoy his work but to each his own I suppose.

Totally agree with your assessment on Becky Lynch having shit to work. Imagine, with how hot she was, feuding with the rest of the Horsewomen for a few months and different combinations of matches. Her reign could have been legendary. Mixing your idea up in there as well and this reign could have been one for the ages.

I pretty much agree with your predictions here. Show seems watchable.

The Brain
    Looks like the group got almost everything right this time! And those few that didn't get the right final vote, I think you at least had the right pick personally. Loved the bit about the tug of war with your dog.

Mediocrity at it's finest kingzak13's Avatar

Royal Recap: Clash of Champions 2019

Feedback time

@Dynamite: I like that idea, I do wonder who would be the extra on the teams, maybe Usos for Team New Day given the mutual respect and dislike of The Revival, not sure who would be on the Revival/Orton team

They were meant to do away with the Raw/SmackDown concept last year, but Roman's Leukaemia threw off plans apparently. I doubt they do it this year given the differnet channels, but if they do I reckon it will be a cop-out tie ending so as not to piss either channel off, while simultaneously pissing of paying fans.

@Don: The problem with Corbin is that in the past he has worked, his indy beater gimmick from his late NXT days was nice, and the first half of 2017 he was getting on swimmingly. he just hasn't been able to recapture the sort of heat/attitude he had then and the endless pushing really doesn't help.

Didn't even need to be the horsewomen immediately, I would have settled for other fairly top talent like Bliss or Asuka, but instead we got three months of Lacey Evans. Though lucky for Becky the reign isn't over yet, she still has a chance to do something memorable.

@Mizfan: yeah I know, we did really good this PPV, really helps make up for the one right I got for Cardiff.

Thanks to everyone for reading, now it is time for the Royal Recap

actually excited for Hell in a Cell right now. Let's watch WWE spoil it

Whatís up guys, Kingzak is back in action with another column. Clash of Champions is done and dusted, and that can only mean it is time for me to bust out the Royal Recap, and unlike the last two PPVs, I can actually think of an interesting direction for things to go here, instead of it just being another PPV, this one actually seems to have some interest coming off it. So without further ado, letís take a look back at the night of Clash of Champions.

Drew Gulak beat Humberto Carrillo and Lince Dorado (Pinfall)

I think this may be the best cruiserweight PPV match weíve had since the Buddy Murphy days. This was very much what you want from a cruiserweight match, Lince and Humberto gave the highflying fun while Drew added the technical style that helped offer a nice blend of styles. Drew scored a sneaky win by pinning Lince when Humberto had it won, based on this, I am thinking we either have another match with Humberto coming soon, or there are big things in his future. Either way, Iím okay with it.

Zak: 1-0 (Drew Gulak)
    Brother: 1-0 (Drew Gulak)
    Dad: 1-0 (Dorito Gulak )
    Dog: 0-1 (Lince Dorado)
    Mum: 0-1 (Lince Dorado)

AJ Styles beat Cedric Alexander (Pinfall)

Not much else to expand on from what I said, the fact that it moved to the pre-show removed all potential for this to be a great match. Still for less than five minutes this was a good match.

Ö

I just spent the last few minutes thinking about an idea for a best <5 minute match column. Someone more talented than me should get right on that.

Zak: 2-0 (AJ Styles)
    Brother: 2-0 (AJ Styles)
    Dad: 2-0 (AJ Styles)
    Dog: 1-1 (AJ Styles)
    Mum: 0-2 (Cedric Alexander)

Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler beat Seth Rollins and Braun Strowman
    New Raw Tag Team Champions

I was right, I donít give a fuck.

Zak: 3-0 (I wonít give a fuck)
    Brother: 2-1 (Seth Rollins and Braun Strowman)
    Dad: 3-0 (Robert Roode and Dolphin Juggler)
    Dog: 2-1 (Roode and Ziggler)
    Mum: 1-2 (Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler)

Bayley beat Charlotte Flair (Ultimate womenís rollup of doom)

This one came as a surprise, I was expecting more in the 10-15 minute sort of range, but this definitely works as a way to keep Charlotte strong and have Bayley look somewhat heelish in doing so. It works in favour of both, and it gives option for this feud to continue or move onto a different opponent. Iím definitely still pulling for my tag team HIAC idea.

Zak: 4-0 (Bayley)
    Brother: 2-2 (Charlotte Flair)
    Dad: 3-1 (Charlotte Flair)
    Dog: 3-1 (Bayley)
    Mum: 1-3 (Charlotte Flair)

The Revival beat The New Day (submission)
    New SmackDown Tag Team Champions

A genuinely good match here. The Revival targeted Xavierís leg, it is that sort of continuity in wrestling that just adds so much to a match. I am happy that the Revival won the titles as that means they are coming over to SmackDown, escaping the cesspool that is the raw tag team division, all we need is someone to rescue The Usos and then there will be nothing left. Back on the match and I eagerly anticipate the rematch at HIAC when Xavier is healed up to make it a fair fight.

Zak: 4-1 (The New Day)
    Brother: 2-3 (The New Day)
    Dad: 4-1 (The Revival)
    Dog: 4-1 (The Revival)
    Mum: 2-3 (The Revival)

Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross beat Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville (Pinfall)

The most interesting thing to take place here was the 24/7 chase, and since Alexa got a roll up and Truth kept the title, no one gets any bonus points for the 24/7 title.

Zak: 5-1 (Bliss and Cross)
    Brother: 3-3 (Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross)
    Dad: 5-1 (Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross)
    Dog: 5-1 (Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross)
    Mum: 3-3 (Alexa Bliss and the other one)

Shinsuke Nakamura beat The Miz (Pinfall)

You know, if the biggest thing to come out of a match is that someone was wearing a cape, maybe it wasnít that interesting. When you put three people that have received an endless stream of creative fuckery in a match, you canít expect anything except an overwhelming meh.

Zak: 6-1 (Shinsuke retains.)
    Brother: 4-3 (Shinsuke Nakamura)
    Dad: 6-1 (Shinsuke Nakamura)
    Dog: 6-1 (Shinsuke Nakamura)
    Mum: 4-3 (Shinsuke Nakamura)

Sasha Banks beat Becky Lynch (DQ)

While not what I expected, this does make sense as an outcome. It keeps the feud going and definitely make it seem more cell worthy. Even if the WWE donít take my fantastic idea of the tag HIAC match for both titles, at least Banks and Lynch are going to have a cell match, that much can be guaranteed. Iím excited to see how this one goes. Only downside to this one is the finishing beatdown, which I think could have done without as much time in the crowd. The majority is fine but just condense it by about a minute or so. Still one of the best matches of the night.

Seriously WWE, this is the best opportunity to get all four horsewomen in a Hell in a Cell match, donít piss away the opportunity. That would be a great match and one that definitely belongs in the main event

Zak: 7-1 (Sasha Banks)
    Brother: 5-3 (Sasha Banks)
    Dad: 7-1 (Sasha Banks)
    Dog: 6-2 (Becky Lynch)
    Mum: 5-3 (Sasha Banks)

Kofi Kingston beat Randy Orton (Pinfall)

Sometimes I struggle to pick a match of the night either because a couple matches have excelled so much, or everything was similarly mediocre/good. Clash was not one of those nights, the Orton/Kingston feud has been fantastic and will definitely offer more when we look back at Kofiís reign in a year or so time. Throughout the whole of this feud I have wanted for Orton to bring back the Punt, it was built as such a devastating move and ended up banned. Seeing it again only for Orton to be foiled is something beautifully poetic to it.

I donít ask for much WWE, put this match in the Cell, I want to see what insane stuff Kofi can do with it and Orton is the right opponent for it.

Zak: 8-1 (Kofi Kingston)
    Brother: 5-4 (Randy Orton)
    Dad: 8-1 (Kofi Kingston)
    Dog: 6-3 (Randy Orton)
    Mum: 5-4 (Randy Orton)

Erick Rowan beat Roman Reigns (Luke Harper)

I didnít see that coming. I honestly thought that Harper was done with WWE and just trying to get out, but I guess the right story can bring anyone back. Iíve seen some people sour on the idea of Bludgeon Brothers reunion, but honestly what else makes sense. These two have had their careers intertwined for so long that them apart just feels odd. Also if they are booked as destructive as Rowan has been this year then that is definitely gonna work for them in the long run.

Zak: 9-1 (Erick Rowan)
    Brother: 6-4 (Erick Rowan)
    Dad: 9-1 (Anyone but Roman Reigns)
    Dog: 6-4 (Roman Reigns)
    Mum: 5-5 (Roman Reigns)

Seth Rollins beat Braun Strowman (Pinfall)

I like that Braun went to the top rope to try something new to win the gold. Thatís all I really have to say here, this match was nothing special, definitely not main event quality. I like The Fiend appearing to lay Seth out after the match, though anytime Bray is near the title it feels weird. Unless he has a good reason, Bray really shouldnít go for the title.

Zak: 10-1 (Seth)
    Brother: 6-5 (Braun Strowman)
    Dad: 10-1 (Seth Rollins)
    Dog: 7-4 (Seth Rollins)
    Mum: 6-5 (Seth Rollins)

Wow, high scoring round here. All over 50% and two over 90%, Iím impressed. And couple in an on average very good show and we have had a pretty good night for wrestling.

Royal Rankings

1. Kofi vs Orton
    2. Banks vs Lynch
    3. The New Day vs The Revival
    4. Rowan vs Reigns
    5. Cruiserweight Triple Threat
    6. Rollins vs Strowman
    7. Nakamura vs The Miz
    8. Styles vs Alexander
    9. Bayley vs Flair
    10. Rollins/Strowman vs RooDolph
    11. Bliss/Cross vs Rose/Deville

I donít always use the Royal Ranking but Iím trying to get into the habit of it. Itís a good way of reminding myself in the future how I ranked the matches when doing other work with the stats. but enough from me, do you agree with my ranking of the matches, do you have any other thoughts on ways things could go, chances are your reading this after Raw and maybe SmackDown so how are things looking now, did the outcome make sense, leave your thoughts below and we can chat about it as for now, it is time I bid you all a fond farewell. Iím not sure when Iíll next be back but hopefully Iíll have some more for the 2018 writer of the year tournament ready for us (yes it is still going, I am finishing it even if it kills me at this point), but until then I hope you have enjoyed todayís column and I will see you next time.
    Creating the greatest card in Survivor Series history.
    Booking by Committee: Survivor Series

I just finished wathing the show and I must say that I've enjoyed this show and almost every single match served a purpose and moved things along. I'm so with you on being excited for Hell in a Cell if WWE can book the weeks leading up to it well enough.

However, I have to sincerely disagree with you on that Rollins/Strowman match. I enjoyed the hell out of that match. I think Braun Strowman could quite possibly be my favourite big man wretler of all time. He quick, agile and brings a good amount of intensity. He was just as over as Seth, arguably even more so as evident by the boos when the crowd thought the match was over and the subsequent massive pop when Strowman kicked out. This was a good match in my opinion.

I'm still loving your idea of Flair/Lynch vs Banks/Bayley in Hell in a Cell. But if that is the case then Flair/Lynch should not be all buddy-buddy. They had a heated feud and WWE should do well to reognise that. Imagine Baanks/Bayley were not aligned.... Fatal-Four Hell in a Cell between the four horsewoman? Mouth-watering.

Congrats on the strong showing on the prediction side of things.