Thread: AEW Full Gear

AEW Full Gear

Thread for the next AEW PPV offering, not for a while yet but coming from Baltimore in November.

Jericho vs Cody for the belt and the once-cancelled Moxley vs Omega matches are all we know so far.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I will be there live, as well as at the TV debut show in DC. Hoping for some great shows. Interestingly, with four TV shows between their debut and Full Gear, if Cody goes on a losing streak he could lose his shot as wins and losses matter.

The Brain
    Those seem like two of the most appealing matches AEW can put on right now, so I'm hopeful for the show to be very strong on top. With actual week to week TV to build up to the event, I'm really hopeful we see some great stuff to further build interest.

Interesting point about Cody, with no singles losses plus victories over Dustin and Spears he feels like the obvious #1 contender. Moxley has yet to debut in a sanctioned match, Omega has lost a few big matches, and PAC is close but with only one win to his name I put Cody ahead. But if Cody does drop some matches? Could possibly see him ousted. I don't see it happening but it should lend some additional bite to his matches on the way to the show.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    PAC has already had two pretty significant wins on AEW television against their top guys. Cody has more wins with one draw against what can be considered lesser competition. I hope that they use that fact to build up something good for either or both guys in the near future.

I'm curious to see how they continue to build up Full Gear. They didn't really push anything concrete forward with this during the first Dynamite show. There were a few teasers like the Lucha Bros. and SCU brawl, but there's still no set matches as of yet beyond the two that have been mentioned for weeks now. I wonder if it would have served them better to do Full Gear at a later time. That way it would give them a bit of time to establish themselves in the weekly format, give more people a chance to know some of these wrestlers better, and set up matches with a bit more story behind them.

The Brain
    I agree that now post Dynamite PAC has jumped right up with Cody. It'll be interesting to see if they do address that now or just focus on the Cody/Jericho story as they build up to Full Gear.

Definitely hope they start building the card more explicitly come next Wednesday!

I'm thinking Britt Baker will end up being the next contender for the AEW womens title, or it could be a triple threat match with her, Rose and Riho.

The Brain
    I hope Nyla doesn't immediately get another title shot. Give it some room, you know?

Britt would be a logical next contender based on what she's done so far, though the issue with Bea Priestly is also waiting to be explored. Britt's not my favorite personally but I'm willing to give it a chance if they go that way.