Survivor Series 2019

Now with NXT being its own brand on USA question:

Any chance we can now get the 4 Horsewoman of the WWE vs the 4 Horsewomen of NXT and Rousey at Survivor Series?

You know, I'm hoping the 3 NXT and Rousey do run ins during matches at HIAC, but would 1 month be enough build up for a match of this caliber?

I don't believe Ronda is coming back yet.

Transgender Terror
    I hope she stays gone. And I don't even watch any more. Fuck Ronda Rousey.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    Fuck Ronda Rousey.
    When ever and where ever she wants.

Transgender Terror
    I'd rather your momma

By all means, she is 74, almost 75. if that is what you are into.

In an attempt to step away from the creepy tone this thread was going down...

Brock/Kofi vs Rollins/Fiend. I'm not sure what combination works best. As a draw, I think Wyatt vs Brock is huge, though better if they build up Bray a bit more. The issue is figuring out how to book it. Much like figuring out how to book Rollins vs Wyatt, the Fiend shouldn't lose such a big match so early into this run, but do you really want the other guy (Lesnar, in this case) to lose?

But...would Brock be "afraid" of the Fiend? Would mind games work on someone who is not on TV? Heyman would sell it like a champ, but Lesnar? I do not see how you can put the Fiend into match like that.

But as a match, I would want to see them wrestle.

I'd be hot on Brock/Fiend - if Brock is willing to do some kind of TKO finish and 'lose' to the claw, even better. I can see that being a really hard hitting bout, too.

I don't especially want to see the Fiend lose - although a loss to Brock is probably the lowest impact loss he could take.

Has there been any confirmation theyíre running the champ vs champ matches again? I know itís been a thing the past couple of years, but Iíve seen no mention of it so far.

If Lesner's credibility can remain in tact after losing to Goldberg in less than a minute, then Brock can lose to the fiend and it won't significantly impact him

Quote Originally Posted by meandi View Post
    Has there been any confirmation they’re running the champ vs champ matches again? I know it’s been a thing the past couple of years, but I’ve seen no mention of it so far.
    That was Night Of Champions the previous 2 years, but not this year.

Transgender Terror
    No it wasn't. The last two Survivor Series saw Brock vs AJ and Brock vs Bryan.

Besides, the two major options are Brock vs Rollins (lol) or Kofi vs Rollins (BORING!). I suppose you could weave it into Wyatt/Brock, but blah.

Yeah, I almost wish they drop that idea of Raw champ vs SD Champ.

Super weird idea, but what if NXT gets in the mix on WWE PPV? Like WWECW, when there would be an ECW title match, or ECW guys in the Elimination matches (I ordered 2006 on internet PPV just to see CM Punk team with the Hardys, HBK and HHH... what a fool I was/am.)

Transgender Terror
    I could go for a 3 on 3 on 3 or 4 on 4 on 4 Survivor Series style match, though.

Not gonna bother throwing out names since I don't know who's relevant any more, but the Undisputed Era vs a RAW team vs a SD team.

Undisputed Era vs The OC vs The New Day - particularly if all three teams hold 'all the gold' or similar. That could be fun.

Transgender Terror
    That's a match the UE should win, too. If you want to give people a reason to watch nXt on USA, they need to be spotlighted correctly.

It would make sense, wouldn't it? I'm not really begging for a UE call up, but popping in to be the third brand and boost their credentials as well as give NXT some shine would be fine.

Part of me was expecting Team Shane vs Team Owens for this, but it seems like they're ending their feud next week in that ladder match. Hopefully that frees Owens up for a run at the WWE Championship opposite Lesnar, once he takes the title from Kofi (which I've seen suggested won't be next Friday, as they're advertising Kofi vs Brock for a few weeks later on TV where in Kofi is champion - unless they're going to hotshot it between the two).

Is Survivor Series still a "big 4" PPV to most? I truly believe it's no longer got the magic it once did, and other than the history of the show, there's not much reason to keep it.

No, I don't think so, but I'm not sure anything is really big outside of Wrestlemania any more. Maybe the Rumble, but I don't get that sense from very many people now to be honest.

Now, I think I'd say that there's still reason to keep it, and to work to make it special again rather than to abandon it. Losing what's left of those connections to the past seem like more of a negative than a good thing, like willingly giving away a potential asset because you can't be arsed to put the work into cleaning it up. But as it currently stands, no, I don't believe the big four is a category that means much to many people any more.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

To be honest, there's still a Big 4 in terms of my excitement (and my willingness to sit down and watch a full show) - but for my money the fourth has switched from Survivor Series to Money in the Bank.

The main thing that dampens my excitement on Survivor Series is that it no longer feels like it's built around the eponymous match type. I mean, the last great and actually import Series match was 2014? And they've leaned into the Raw vs Smackdown thing since, which just bores me as it has no consequence.