Le Champion - Chris Jericho

Sorry for the double post, but Hall of Fame Question: Due to Chris Jericho's being with AEW, and how he is semi taking shots at the WWE (The We The People shot), how long after he retires will it take for Jericho to be inducted into the Hall of Fame?

We all know that Vince is Vince, and will hold grudges, but then he eventually releases those same grudges.

Jericho is almost 49, and his contract is for 3 years, so if we speculate that Jericho retires in 2022, how long does it take for him to be the headliner of his HOF class? 2025? Or will Vince make him wait longer?
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:26 PM.

Double post problem solved - have a Jericho thread!

Answer, probably depends on how AEW are doing at the time. If they are roughly in the same place as now having the class headliner would be more important. If they are in a dogfight I can see it being more contentious.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Agreed Prime - I can't see a world where Jericho isn't a Hall of Famer within the next decade, but it likely depends on how well AEW are doing, and indeed how well he is therefore doing for them. If he retires and is off screen from 2022 then 2025 doesn't seem unreasonable.

I can't imagine he would go in whilst still on screen with AEW, so if he shifts into (for example) a managerial role on screen or similar I think then it might be a bit longer.

As a discussion point - how good is the work Jericho has done recently, particularly in terms of his career? As a homer for the Conspiracy Victim era Jericho, I've got to admit I feel like his recent work over the last 2-3 years is probably running that close for me in terms of character.
    Last edited by Oliver; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:44 PM.

That is fair. I guess it is a waiting game regardless of contract.

How has Jericho not been nicknamed the Chameleon or something to that effect? He is the one true Superstar that has changed his gimmick at least 5 times, and made then all work really well.
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:52 PM.

The Brain
    I'd say best eras of Jericho are '98 WCW when he was just throwing everything at the wall as a character to stand out, suit wearing Jericho in 2008 with the big vocabulary promos, and current era Jericho. I know people love the List era too so count that if you please. He's had some down periods in his career that I sometimes think he gets a pass on, but when he's great he's really amazing, and right now as a character he's fantastic.

1998 and 2000 stand out for me. I haven't seen a lot of his 2008 run but I've heard good things from a few people.

Must admit, he is the person most likely to get me to watch AEW right now, because it sounds like he's on a tear. If only his supporting cast weren't so damned off-putting.

The Brain
    The fact that he's feuding primarily with Cody, with Dustin and MJF as his backup, may help in that regard?

Yeah, the people he's working closest with is definitely a plus and part of why he's the most likely to get me watching.

As I've said before, I'm not great at compartmentalising. I'm either in on a wrestling product or I'm out, and while the rest of the stuff is going on I'm just gonna have to sit it out, even if Le Champion has his merits which I'm happy to admit.