Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I do what I can while I'm previewing CMLL shows and writing columns about former WCW legend Ciclope!

On a more serious note:

What do Raw do now to regain a major Championship? Major trade for The Fiend? Could they make a play for Brock?

They've certainly made things interesting for themselves.

Personally I'm already hotly anticipating The Fiend vs Humberto Carillo And His Lovely Cheek Dimples for the title and the pride of Raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    On a more serious note:

What do Raw do now to regain a major Championship? Major trade for The Fiend? Could they make a play for Brock?

They've certainly made things interesting for themselves.

Personally I'm already hotly anticipating The Fiend vs Humberto Carillo And His Lovely Cheek Dimples for the title and the pride of Raw.
    I fear that Bray will forfeit the title for no apparent good reason and the title will be put up in a tournament on Raw.

I'm kind of OK with that, in theory, although it doesn't make a lot of sense from Wyatt's standpoint. And if they do it, it just kind of further harms The Fiend/Bray.

I keep thinking back to Taker's first title win, he lost the belt back to Hogan within six days but they then held it up and did the 92 Rumble for the title.

I like a good tournament, I must admit. Bit close to Survivor Series and what seems to be a planned Raw vs Smackdown vs NXT, Champion vs Champion vs Champion match to really have a good tournament, though.

Rumors are what they are, BUT both Paul Heyman has stated that he has big plans for Wyatt, and Fox has stated that they want Wyatt/Fiend AND Lesnar for Smackdown.

But, I think, and total speculation here, that Vince might have allowed the Fiend to be drafted to Smackdown to appease FOX, but then overruled them and said he will be back on RAW.

So I do not know if it will be a trade, or a "mandated move to RAW, since he is now the Universal Champion", but maybe Smackdown gets a compensatory pick to fill that void?

Mansewer won!!!! He beat...Cesaro.. I am unsure if anything past this can live up to the greatness that is the Mansewer.

What the hell is a man sewer? Is it just a sewer for dudes?

Only the single greatest man to ever live according to Saudi Arabia!

Half the time they pronounce his name Man-sewer, the other half Man-sore.

He's kind of a mythological creature, in that he only wrestles these Saudi shows (so like once a year).

If only we could all be a man sewer or a man sore!

Rumors going around, one that's been translated is that Saudi hasn't paid for two shows

I brought this up yesterday. I can't remember where I read it but someone who followed WWE's quarterly financial report on Thursday talked about how the money WWE should have from the Saudi shows wasn't there. That's what led to the speculation that the disagreement Vince had over there was over money WWE was owed. I'll have to look over the info again at some point but if it's true, then I echo what Coach said yesterday (and frankly I thought this already); WWE needs to take this out and get out of the deal.

Also reports not related to WWE that Saudi Arabia is behind on payments to Canada like over 3 Billion.

Can have all the money in the world but not paying for actual service is what will/should drive people away from any partnership.

Are we sure they actually have money?

Edit: Apparently this rumor is coming from former WWE Spanish announcer and current AAA announcer Hugo Savinovich. That's strange because Hugo is currently dealing with a personal tragedy; his wife died from cancer just yesterday.
    Last edited by Cult Icon; 11-02-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Just the one and a half trillion. Though how much of it is liquid (not an oil gag) I've no idea.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Hugo is probably desperately trying to take his mind off his personal life atm, hence posting about work related stuff the day after his wife died.

And Saudi Arabia is easily one of the richest countries in the world. Most oil is from them. I heard this same report yesterday, translated from Saudi (posted by a local) that Saudi didn't pay Vince, and he was fucking pissed off.

There has to be comparable markets, untapped, that WWE could do that don't violently oppress women. And I also feel like they owe UK and Canadian fans. Theyve been loyal for years and never get good shows.

Edit: wait... so does this mean no more of the legend Mansewer?
    Last edited by Kleckamania; 11-02-2019 at 09:06 PM.

The last part made me chuckle.. Saudi shows are good? Sure they have some stars but I would never call them good shows really.

Here's the latest if you want to jump further down this rabbit hole. Apparently the quarterly report from the other day does show that WWE was owed what looks to be $64 million; it doesn't say who owes them but the implication is that it's the KSA. WWE also revealed they only generated $2.3 million over the first nine months of this year; last year at the same time they generated $121.5 million. I'm not a financial guy so on the off chance I am misreading things you can look over the document yourself right here.

Beyond that I don't know what to tell you. We do have an official statement from the airline, Atlas Air, that also claimed the flight was delayed by a mechanical issue. At the same time it's clear to me, having spoken to people who know some of the talent that were stuck in Saudi Arabia (pretty much all the luchadores were stuck from what I understand) that the wrestlers themselves believe there was something more to this than a mechanical issue, and apparently WWE (according to Sean Ross Sapp) has been reaching out to talent to try and convince them to make video statements saying a mechanical issue caused the delay (they're even reaching out to talent that wasn't on the show apparently). Whether something did go down or it really was a mechanical issue and paranoia from the workers over being stuck in Saudi Arabia led to some overreactions...who the hell knows?

I am not as fascinated with this as others, but it does raise an interesting question: how many of these roster members will agree to go to the next show in Saudi Arabia? It seems that with every event there, WWE has less actual roster members, and needs to dip into the special attraction pool. With these travel issues, I'm sure some of the talent will choose to stay home next time.

Meltzer reported that alot of talent contacted him saying they will never go back with some saying they can't wait to leave the company. Also mentioned that the wrestlers have best chance they will ever unionize but he doubts that will happen.

LOL, oh Dave.

Shouldn't have brought up Big Dave Lazyking. Now Pen will never believe it even if it turns out to be true!

Thing is, if the talent felt like they were hostages it does make sense to do something about it but there’s multiple times in the past that a union made sense and every time nothing comes from it.

It could be any dirtsheet writer, and I'd feel the same way. But the way Dave phrases it with glaring hyperbole always gets a genuine chuckle out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by PEN15v2 View Post
    LOL, oh Dave.
    Still laughing.
    Raw Raw Rawlins.