Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WWE Crown Jewel 2019

Anyone see any of Crown Jewel?

I popped it up on my lunch break.

Three things I've noticed:
    1)I hope that Cain vs Brock happens again and this time Cain breaks out some lucha shit to throw Brock off

2) I wish US fans were like this. They're just enjoying it. They're not over-analyzing and shitting all over things.

3) My favourite WWE moment ever was Michael Cole's dripping sarcasm (and then almost cracking up at the end) when he talked about how lucky he and Corey are to get to call this show and then hop on a plane immediately afterward to do Friday Night Smackdown.

EDIT: I'd give anything for them to have Mansoor lose. Seriously, that reaction would be priceless.

Cain lost because he didn't do the flips, thus proving the flips are needed and vital to wrestling. Aka, SUCK IT PEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    Cain lost because he didn't do the flips, thus proving the flips are needed and vital to wrestling. Aka, SUCK IT PEN!
    Haha, I just thought that it would be a fun twist. Who has Brock had the most trouble with? People who fly. Cain tried to bring Brock's fight to Brock and it didn't work, but if he busted out a step up rana out of nowhere and Brock had no idea what to do with it, it would be fun,

Also, when did Cesaro start wrestling in capri pants and runners? That's a BAD look.

I am very much goofing off here but as someone who saw Cain's two lucha matches it isn't all that simple. I'm sure you know Coach that good lucha libre is just as much about basing and catching the guy doing the acrobatic stuff as it is doing the flips. Part of the reason Cain's stuff worked so well in AAA was because he was working with guys like Killer Kross (who Cain trained with a bit), Texano Jr. (a not entirely interesting but solid worker), Rey Escorpion (great worker) and particularly Taurus. If you go back and watch the Triplemania match and the MSG match you'll notice that Taurus was in both matches and was primarily paired with Cain, mainly because Taurus is a world class worker who is known for being able to base for every move. It wasn't all him; Cain gets "it" when it comes to lucha and picked it up really quickly, but he wouldn't have been able to do that stuff with say Fenix. Taurus helped him immensely in those matches, as did Kross, Texano and Escorpion. I can blame WWE for many things (FREE GRAN METALIK YOU COWARDS!) but I can't blame them for keeping the lucha stuff at bay here because I'm not sure Brock could've provided the same basing as Taurus did.

That said, Cain still lost because he didn't do the flips, this totally proves that flips should be used and aren't just gymnastics routines and you can all read about it in my autobiography DA FLIPS: SUCK IT PEN!

I read the results and saw Cain tapped in a quick match. Then Rey beat the shit out of Lesnar with a chair. It'd be great if all this led to Rey being the one to beat Lesnar but it's a hard sell. Who knows what the hell their goal is.
    Last edited by comfortablynumb; 10-31-2019 at 02:18 PM.

I've been too busy writing my autobiography DA FLIPS: SUCK IT PEN to be paying attention but wasn't the whole storyline reason Cain was brought in was because Rey needed muscle? Now apparently Cain tapped in two minutes and Rey handled Brock with a chair anyway?

All the more reason Cain should've done the flips. You really blew it here Cain! I don't know if I want to see you in Monterrey next month now.

I've been too busy writing my autobiography DA FLIPS: SUCK IT PEN to be paying attention but wasn't the whole storyline reason Cain was brought in was because Rey needed muscle? Now apparently Cain tapped in two minutes and Rey handled Brock with a chair anyway?
    Bingo. And they employ writers for this.

Lesnar had to get his win back in a convincing fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Lesnar had to get his win back in a convincing fashion.
    Lol

All the more reason Cain should've done the flips. You really blew it here Cain! I don't know if I want to see you in Monterrey next month now.
    I admit I haven't been paying the most attention, but wasn't the angle that Rey was hurt and Dominik's "godfather" was coming to exact some revenge?

He didn't get his revenge, bit it looks like this is heading to Brock vs Rey.

Cain is there long term according to Triple H, so it doesn't kill him to lose a match, especially when his first match is for the WWE Title.

It's never about the result of one match; it's all about the follow up. I go back to Bray Wyatt in 2014 when he lost that Last Man Standing match to Cena. A lot of people thought that killed him but it really didn't; what killed him was he followed it up with several terrible feuds/angles (including the "Dean Ambrose loses to hologram and exploding TV" hilarity) and some uninspired creativity and ring work. The match didn't kill him, the follow up did. If Cain's trajectory is harmed going forward it won't be because of this match, it's because WWE did nothing noteworthy coming out of the match. That isn't to say this result does Cain any favors necessarily, but it doesn't harm him.

That said, even if your explanation is correct Coach it's still dumb. You either have a situation where Rey brought in Cain as his muscle, only to then not need him because he could take care of things himself, or he brought in Cain to get revenge for Rey and Dominik...only for Cain to then lose and for Rey to then try and take care of things himself. The only thing dumber than that is that Cain didn't use the flips to win. For shame Cain. FOR SHAME!

I think there's 8 years left on the Saudi deal so Mansoor is going to retire with an 18-0 WWE main roster record.

I hope Lesnar Vs Rey happens and Brock literally rips his arm off and and eats it like a chicken drumstick in front of Dominick Guerrero.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    Also, when did Cesaro start wrestling in capri pants and runners? That's a BAD look.
    About a month or 2 ago

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    I hope Lesnar Vs Rey happens and Brock literally rips his arm off and and eats it like a chicken drumstick in front of Dominick Guerrero.
    Why don't we leave Rey alive until the spring so LA Park can do that to him at Verano de Escandalo as build to the Rush-Park match?

Fury up on Strowman by countout. I see people saying it was an abortion. It wasn't. It was a guy who is not a pro wrestler, has never trained to be a pro wrestler, doesn't know how to bump properly, and a pro wrestler trying to take care of him.

If anything, Braun showed off how good he actually is.

I didn't see it so I have no opinion. I just want to point out that you totally know there's a WWE show in Saudi Arabia because people all over the internet are crapping on the show and there is Coach, like Wonder Woman running into No Man's Land, all alone, defending the show against the onslaught. Best of luck to you Coach. Can I get you a Pepsi or something while you fight off the haters?

I'm not really trying to defend it, I'm just super sick of wrestling commentators getting over by being negative -- typically toward one specific company.

I saw it pop up on Twitter that it was so bad, so I decided that I had to see it to have a chuckle and dropped what I was doing to pull up the Network.

Sometimes people say things (for the retweets) that genuinely make me wonder if they are watching the same thing. Like, if you are a wrestling pundit who hates WWE, more power to you. But there's no rule the says you have to cover it, especially when everyone who follows you already know what your opinion is going to be.

But, shitting on anything WWE gets the retweets.

It's not hard to go against the internet consensus.
    EDIT
    The internet only sees what they want, and nothing else matters. I don't have to like Fury vs Braun to see why it was booked. I can call it a bad match, but still enjoy the experience.

The people don't seem to enjoy anything part of watching WWE, except for the bitching online. If I saw AEW shows like last night's 3-4 weeks in a row, I'd likely stop watching. I don't get off on countering the discussions in the Dynamite threads, yet these people get off on shitting on an event they had no interest.

I find it so odd. I've seen bad movies. We all have. And we forget it, and move on. But when we expect a good movie, and it turns out to be disappointing, that bugs me more. The drop in my anticipation is what crushes me.

But these people expect WWE to suck, and then watch, and then complain it sucks. It's ludicrous.
    Last edited by PEN15v2; 10-31-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Transgender Terror
    I am the internet consensus.

But, shitting on anything WWE gets the retweets.
    Coach, shitting on ANYTHING gets retweets. You just gotta know when to time it and where to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    I am the internet consensus.
    I'll be hard against you. Happy Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by PEN15v2 View Post
    I'll be hard against you.
    PHRASING!

Transgender Terror
    Quote Originally Posted by PEN15v2 View Post
    I'll be hard against you. Happy Halloween.
    I already have to go to bed at 6 PM. Now I'll be sure to lock the doors and load my shotgun.

That's not a euphemism, fuck you, Iken.

I can't hear you T.O.; I'm too busy celebrating the My Chemical Romance reunion. Which someone is surely shitting all over on Twitter right now.

Transgender Terror
    I'll get right on it.

Dammit! Walked right into that one.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    I already have to go to bed at 6 PM. Now I'll be sure to lock the doors and load my shotgun.

That's not a euphemism, fuck you, Iken.
    I don't do anything without consent. I can tell you're hesitant. Sleep well.

They actually put the belt on the Fiend . Interesting.

"Wyatt gets right back up but runs into a superkick to the face, and another. Rollins with another kick to the face and another Stomp on the stage. Another Stomp on the stage, and another for the sixth. Rollins with yet another two Stomps but Wyatt keeps getting up. Rollins goes on and kicks Wyatt down a large stack of production cases going down from the stage. Sparks and pyro goes off as Wyatt lands on the exploding equipment. This leads to Wyatt getting back up anyway and putting Rollins back down for the pin to win the title.

Winner and New WWE Universal Champion: “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt"

I wonder if it came off better than it sounds.

Wow, I can't believe they did it. I'm so excited right now.

The reformed MCR will tour, right?

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    "Wyatt gets right back up but runs into a superkick to the face, and another. Rollins with another kick to the face and another Stomp on the stage. Another Stomp on the stage, and another for the sixth. Rollins with yet another two Stomps but Wyatt keeps getting up. Rollins goes on and kicks Wyatt down a large stack of production cases going down from the stage. Sparks and pyro goes off as Wyatt lands on the exploding equipment. This leads to Wyatt getting back up anyway and putting Rollins back down for the pin to win the title.

Winner and New WWE Universal Champion: “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt"

I wonder if it came off better than it sounds.
    Yes.

COACH, what was worth a watch?

Eeeh. You didn't miss much. If you saw the HIAC match you've seen this. There were a couple table spots, some interesting things they did like Fiend going through the barricade and getting right back up, and a bunch of stomps.

The finish was better than written. Bray took the bump off the stage, the pyro went off, Seth went after him because the match "cannot be stopped" but as he was digging through the rubble for him another spark went off and caught blinded him. While he was selling, Wyatt rose up behind him and put him down for the win.

The finish is visually cool with Wyatt rising up out of nowhere like the slasher, but that's about it.

I enjoyed most of the other stuff I saw more. Fiend needs to be kept for five minute matches if he's going to keep doing the no-selling thing. If it had been a fraction of the time and a fraction of the stomps, I'd give it high grades.

Wyatt now apparently takes a nuke -- or a Brock, I guess -- to beat.

What are the chances Bray Wyatt relinquishes the title?

Eeeh. You didn't miss much. If you saw the HIAC match you've seen this. There were a couple table spots, some interesting things they did like Fiend going through the barricade and getting right back up, and a bunch of stomps.

The finish was better than written. Bray took the bump off the stage, the pyro went off, Seth went after him because the match "cannot be stopped" but as he was digging through the rubble for him another spark went off and caught blinded him. While he was selling, Wyatt rose up behind him and put him down for the win.

The finish is visually cool with Wyatt rising up out of nowhere like the slasher, but that's about it.

I enjoyed most of the other stuff I saw more. Fiend needs to be kept for five minute matches if he's going to keep doing the no-selling thing. If it had been a fraction of the time and a fraction of the stomps, I'd give it high grades.

Wyatt now apparently takes a nuke -- or a Brock, I guess -- to beat.
    I just watched the match, and there is only one thing that can stop the Fiend. And that is.....Orange Cassidy.

FRESHLY SQUEEZED! Play his music.

It will never happen, but can you just imagine how the Fiend would react to OC and his devastating offense?

I'm picturing everyone else reacting to Wyatt reacting to it and that is enough to sustain me for many a cold night!

This is how I see the Fiend's reaction.

http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/me...HyzS/giphy.gif

Powder and Cult win the night for making me laugh my ass off. I needed that after a night of Trick or Treating with 4 and 6 year old boys.

OC doing the little kicks to The Fiend. I about died imagining that. He's even too cool for The Fiend to give one fuck. Lol