Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    My only problem is that I don't want to see The Fiend no-sell all of Riddle's offence for 20 minutes, but I think that Riddle loses a lot in a quick five minute loss to Fiend.

That's the problem they've booked themselves into. Fiend shouldn't be doing 20+ minute main event matches in this incarnation if he's just going to get hit with all of his opponent's signature moves and shrug them off. They're just not interesting matches to watch already and there's only been two of them.

They need a find an out to get that belt off of him and turn him into the 1993 Undertaker where they just find guys to rotate in for him to beat.
    It could always be a gimmick match that doesn't require pinfall or submission. Steel cage or ambulance match would be best. I won't even suggest Last Man standing because I don't think it can work with his lack of selling.

The Brain
    I admit I haven't watched any recent Wyatt matches, but didn't he go 20 minutes with Rollins? He can't have no sold everything. If Bryan's not doing anything let them have a 15-20 minute banger that is all about Bryan trying different strategies but ultimately getting overcome in a finish that still puts Wyatt over strong.

I actually like the idea of a semi-squash title match too, but it doesn't have to be that way to put Wyatt over big.

Literally. Everything.

He registered plenty of stuff, but he took curb stomp after curb stomp and continued to pop back up to his feet. At Crown Jewel, Rollins sidestepped Bray on the floor that sent Bray crashing through the barricade and about 10 seconds later he was up and ready to go like nothing happened.

Both matches have been about 20 minutes of Rollins hitting Bray with every wrestling move he knows how to to and The Fiend shaking them off.

Transgender Terror
    Man that sounds like complete garbage.

There's a small part of me that wants to see The Fiend vs Gargano, just to watch The Fiend no sell everything of Gargano's and Gargano repeatedly kick out of everything The Fiend has.

Perhaps I will eventually have an issue with the fiend's no selling, but it doesn't bother me right now.

What if Tyson Furry is the one to challenge The Fiend?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    What if Tyson Furry is the one to challenge The Fiend?
    Oh dear God no.

I'd rather have Gilberg make a triumphant return to challenge the Fiend, sparklers and all, than to have the Fiend have to sell, or no sell for that matter, for Fury.

If/when Fury is done with boxing, then send him to the PC and let him become a wrestler, until then, keep him out of the ring again.
    Last edited by Powder; 1 Week Ago at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    There's a small part of me that wants to see The Fiend vs Gargano, just to watch The Fiend no sell everything of Gargano's and Gargano repeatedly kick out of everything The Fiend has.
    That would be the pinnacle of high art in pro wrestling.

I know it's a typo, but 'Tyson Furry' has made me giggle like silly. I hope it turns out he does have a furry kink and spends his sexy time wearing a full bunny costume. I hope that's his gimmick. I hope he was Adam Rose's bunny and that becomes canon.

Sorry, distracted.

What if they just do a real quick five minute 'legend' match for The Fiend? Have Goldberg rock up, spear-no sell-jackhammer-no sell-mandible claw-submission?

That would work.

Would Mick Foley do?

No. Absolutely nothing Foley could do physically now would look believable. Goldberg is all power moves. A spear and Jackhammer follwed with the Fiend popping up and applying the mandible claw is probably the best option with a legend.

Now Foley from 12-15 years ago. Sign me up.

So much of this show is reminding me of 2006, when ECW was introduced into standard WWE PPVs. I remembering ordering the online access to Survivor Series that year, just to see the PPV debut of CM Punk, teaming with DX and the Hardys. What a shitty show.

I genuinely hope the NXT vs RAW vs SD stuff ends at the PPV. I don't want any Raw/SD guys on NXT regularly. I hope this is a one month thing to pump up NXT while building to Survivor Series.

As for the card, it's weird how Survivor Series has morphed and evolved over the years. I think the most recent incarnation of the event is the best overall for today's product. Random 4vs4 or 5vs5 matches are hard to logically build up in today's WWE. Oddly, NXT seem to be the brand with a ready to go reason for that sort of match, and are putting both of these angles in the War Games cage. WWE has been woefully inept at using stables. The first month of AEW Dynamite showed just how much story you can draw from a single stable. NJPW is another great example. In Impact, Sami and OVE are the top of the company.

They've been able to create decent reasons for 4/5 random people to join forces and battle. But the last time I felt they really got it right was 2003, Team Austin vs Team Bischoff. Since then, some OK ones, but rarely do the brand battles have any meaning. NXT at least has a ladder match to determine who gets the War Games advantage with the women. Give the brand a reason to compete, and maybe it'll give usbtance to random groups vs other random groups.

But until then, WWE has been smart in letting the rest of the card be attractive with storyless attraction matches. Brock vs Bryan and vs AJ over the last 2 years were great reasons to tune in without a real rivalry.

This year though, other than giving NXT a rub with a win with the tag and womens titles, I don't see why we should care which brand wins.

I'm not sure there's ever been that much reason to care which brand 'reigns supreme' come the end of the night. There's no impact going forward, and no stakes involved.

Last year's Mixed Match Challenge had higher stakes than Survivor Series.

As far as recent Survivor Series matches go, the Team WWE Vs Team Authority match was pretty good, even if they retconned it's importance amount a month later because John Cena's a coward and wouldn't let Edge take a bump.

What are the chances WWE does a run in during wargames?

I think that would be their biggest misstep in a long time (from a purely NXT perspective).

That's if, as I interpret your comment, you actually mean during the WarGames matches.

If you just mean on the show itself, it kind of depends - if they do it during something that's completely throwaway anyway it will work. Like, have them turn up and take out Shane Thorne and Bronson Reed during a match - nobody really cares about the outcome (even if they had a dope match a couple of weeks ago) and they can turn up, beat them down, do a promo then leave without a major issue.

Do it during either of the WarGames match or a Dunne/Dain/Priest triple threat and I think it's a mistake, especially if during the WarGames bouts themselves.

I see they've now confirmed Styles vs Strong vs Nakamura for Survivor Series.

There's also a Team Raw confirmed - Captain Seth Rollins, Randy Orton, Ricochet, Kevin Owens, and Drew McIntyre.

I'm not sure exactly when they were all set up, but there are actually two 5 on 5 on 5 matches showing on the Survivor Series 2019 wikipedia page - women's and men's, Raw vs Smackdown vs NXT.

So all in all we're now looking at a card of:

Brock vs Rey
    Becky vs Bayley vs Shayna
    Raiders vs New Day vs Undisputed Era
    Women of Raw (All TBC) vs Women of Smackdown (Sasha, Carmella, Dana, 2 TBC) vs Women of NXT (All TBC)
    Men of Raw (Rollins, Owens, Orton, Ricochet, Drew) vs Men of Smackdown (All TBC) vs Men of NXT (All TBC)
    Styles vs Nakamura vs Strong

I'm kind of assuming they'll add something for The Fiend - he's not going to be Team Smackdown, it would be weird - and Rusev vs Lashley seems likely, but otherwise I'm going to guess that's the card, 8 matches.

EDIT: Men of Smackdown now confirmed:

Men of Raw (Seth Rollins, Randy Orton, Ricochet, Kevin Owens, Drew McIntyre) vs. 5 NXT Superstars TBA vs. Men of Smackdown (Roman Reigns, Shorty G, Ali, King Baron Corbin, Braun Strowman)

Not sure what difference it makes, but Rollins and Reigns are team captains.
    Last edited by Oliver; 2 Days Ago at 09:29 AM.

Don't really want to triple post, but as it's only a couple of weeks away now:

Seems like they are going for Fiend vs Bryan - I hadn't picked up on that but it was apparently on the last Smackdown that they had a confrontation.

They did but it wasn't aired. I think that backstage segment will be on tomorrow's SD, followed by a live appearance of the Fiend, as Fox has been promoting the hell out of the Fiend's appearance.

Ah, that explains it - I just saw an article on it on the front page here.

I like them going in the Fiend/Bryan direction - think it's the right sort of match for them to be doing. And Bryan has already weaved his magic with Bray before, so we know they have some good chemistry together.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    They did but it wasn't aired. I think that backstage segment will be on tomorrow's SD, followed by a live appearance of the Fiend, as Fox has been promoting the hell out of the Fiend's appearance.
    Are you sure it didn't air? The smackdown results on the MP implies it did.

No, not sure, but I do not believe it did.

I guess we will see tonight.
    Last edited by Powder; 1 Hour Ago at 10:30 AM.

WWE did release it on Youtube a week ago, which suggests it aired, or at least that it has been publicly out there:

I do not think it aired. B/c wasn't Wyatt stuck in Saudi? So they would have had to film that ahead of time, and then air it on SD, when Wyatt was in Saudi, which would not make any sense.

unless, the Fiend can teleport....
    Last edited by Powder; 1 Hour Ago at 10:49 AM.

That was the week before though, not last week.

It is written in the results on the MP too:

– Sami Zayn is backstage with Daniel Bryan. Sami says Bryan should’ve celebrated with them earlier. He says Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura were a little upset about it, but he told them that Bryan needed a little mpre time. Sami doesn’t really think Bryan needs more time, he thinks Bryan’s mind is made up. He thinks Bryan doesn’t want to go back to the “yes!” chants and the Yes Movement, he wants to move forward with them. The lights go black but it just looks like some sort of glitch as they come right back on. Sami tells Bryan to just say something, say what you want to say. The lights go out again. They come on but this time there’s the red light. WWE Universal Champion “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt is behind Bryan. Sami quickly takes off and Bryan turns around. Wyatt brings Bryan down with the Mandible Claw and laughs the whole time. SmackDown suddenly cuts to commercial.

Oh...then I guess it did air.

But Fox has been promoting the Fiend's appearance tonight, so we will see him in some aspect.

But will we get Bray at the Funhouse, or will we finally get to hear the Fiend talk?