Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Survivor Series 2019

Thread for the upcoming Survivor Series, from what I still like to call the Rosemont Horizon in Illinois, on November 24.

No matches announced as yet as far as I'm aware, but by all means speculate.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Bobby Lashley, Shinsuke Nakamura, Drew McIntyre, Baron Corbin, and Randy Orton vs Rusev, Ricochet, Shorty G, Ali, and Roman Reigns

But seriously. The Undertaker vs The Fiend in a Universal Title vs retirement match. Taker needs to go, and he should go out at Survivor Series where he made his debut 29 years ago. I do not see him making it to SS2020 to go out on his 30th anniversary.
    Last edited by Powder; 11-01-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Seems like they're promoting this as Raw vs Smackdown vs NXT, so:

Fiend vs Brock vs Cole (sorry, Adam)
    Becky vs Bayley vs Shayna
    Styles vs Nakamura vs Strong
    The OC (are they still Raw champs?) vs Revival vs UE

Then probably a traditional Survivor Series match underneath all of that, perhaps.

Not seeing this as being a particularly long card.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Seems like they're promoting this as Raw vs Smackdown vs NXT, so:

Fiend vs Brock vs Cole (sorry, Adam)
    Becky vs Bayley vs Shayna
    Styles vs Nakamura vs Strong
    The Viking Raiders vs Revival vs UE

Then probably a traditional Survivor Series match underneath all of that, perhaps.

Not seeing this as being a particularly long card.
    Fixed but makes sense.

Also too bad Keith Lee will not win the NXT title prior to Survivor Series, unless maybe he does. Imagine the Hoss Match between The Fiend vs Lesnar vs Lee?
    Last edited by Powder; 11-01-2019 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Also too bad Keith Lee will not win the NXT title prior to Survivor Series, unless maybe he does. Imagine the Hoss Match between The Fiend vs Lesnar vs Lee?
    This is one thing you and I agree on. Lee is a superstar, and there will be lots of great matches for him one day.

Quote Originally Posted by PEN15v2 View Post
    This is one thing you and I agree on. Lee is a superstar, and there will be lots of great matches for him one day.
    Shit, some red guy is complaining that it's getting cold really down South now.

Broken clocks are right twice a day

I agree on Lee, and hope we get a good few years at the top level from him in WWE.

Brock vs Rey confirmed for Survivor Series - so it looks like we're not getting the triple threat with the top titles on each brand.

We are getting Becky vs Bayley vs Shayna, though, and also the tag team triple threat match from above - Raiders vs Revival vs Era.

Interesting to see how they include Cole and Rollins now - I wonder if they might do a Survivor Series elimination with a team from each brand?

Who would be on the NXT Survivor Series teams?

Keith Lee, Dominik Dijakovic, Killian Dain, Damian Priest, and Matt Riddle would make a formidable team.

What about the Women's team?

Rhea Ripley, Bianca Belair, Mia Yim, Tegan Nox, and Candace LeRae would also be a force.

The WWE's women's team would most likely be without Charlotte and Nattie and the Kabuki Warriors as they look to be having a match for the Women's Tag Belts. So who would, be on the RAW and Smackdown Women's teams?

RAW: ??? but all that's left after potential the tag match is: Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, Carolina, Zelina, Naomi, and the IIconics. Jeesh.

Smackdown looks more promising: Alexa Bliss, Nikki Cross, Sonya Deville, Mandy Rose, Lacey Evans, Sasha Banks

But still, if there is a traditional Survivor Series women's match and the NXT women do not win, well, I do not know even what to say.

Well, if they're not putting Cole into a match of champions, I think he'd be on the NXT team. It's Survivor Series, so allegiances go out the window.

Fiend wouldn't really work on a Survivor Series team, it would be super weird.

I can see it being something like Cole, Strong, Dijakovic, Priest, and Riddle vs Rollins, Reigns, Ali G, Bryan, and Miz.

They might even expand it and squeeze some more people on there, given the amount of NXT guys that have turned up. Make it 6 on 6 and add Lee to NXT and Rusev to the main roster team or something.

Basically, if they keep making it NXT 'invading' both brands, I can see them doing a cross-promotional main roster team vs and NXT team. I don't think they'll do Raw vs Smackdown vs NXT as a triple threat team match.

So on a women's front that could have Alexa, Nikki, Carmella, Naomi, Lacey vs Rhea, Bianca, Tegan, Dakota, and Candice.

Completely assumed it was going to be three way matches as much as possible, but I can very well be wrong.

I'm wondering if the Universal and NXT title will be defended at Survivor Series, and Cole would be in the War Games match for the Takeover that same weekend. That makes sense in a few ways, but it also seems to be asking a lot of Cole in a weekend. Especially if War Games injures him.

So a Survivor Series card with:
    WWE Title
    Universal Title
    NXT Title
    Triple Threat Tag Team
    Triple Threat Womens
    Triple Threat midcard
    And something resembling a match of Survival with all 3 brands, I guess?

Pretty thorough and full card, while still giving some stakes with the title matches.

But, I want a reason for these triple threat matches. It's one of those things I know I should just accept and enjoy, but I don't get the point of it. And I wish there were stakes. That the winning brand got some sort of prize. The brand rivalry part never feels right because these guys are interchangeable once a year. Why would Aleister Black care about defending Raw against Smackdown?

Who do you have challenge The Fiend for the title? Kofi Kingston? Roman Reigns?

Tough call. At this point being three weeks out, I'd maybe feed The Fiend Dolph Ziggler or Kane or someone that he can beat in five minutes or less and look strong without hurting long term.

Not Kane, anyone but Kane.

The thing is though that they might as well. The Fiend's match very likely isn't going to be the top marquee match on the card, so why not give him Kane? Someone that he can have a quick five minuter with and beat clean in the middle.

Someone like Ali loses a lot by being killed in that match. Roman might try to avenge his friend but that match would probably be a chore to get through if Fiend is going to continue the no-selling thing.

They could squash Kofi again, I guess, but Smackdown isn't exactly full of people who have been built up to a point to reasonably challenge The Fiend.

Braun maybe? I'm not sure Braun can afford that loss right now.

If that is the case, let it be the Undertaker. Seriously. Taker needs to retire, and you could build that match in 3 weeks easy. Have the Fiend destroy Taker and put him down permanently.

And it completes Taker's circle. He debuted at Survivor Series, he goes out at Survivor Series.
    Last edited by Powder; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:03 PM.

But, again, that's a marquee top match that people are going to be vastly disappointed if the two don't go out there to at least try and tear the house down as best as Taker is physically capable of at this point.

Fiend needs a quick, five minute win that's basically a squash. Undertaker is not that person.

Also, it's not really your call or mine that Taker "needs" to retire. If he's not looking to retire, he's not going to retire at the hands of The Fiend in five minutes.

Since we're doing Survivor Series, I guess someone from Raw could step up. KO could probably survive a quick, devastating loss and bounce back.

But this match shouldn't be 20 minutes. It shouldn't be a "huge" match. It should be in and out as a put over for Bray. Or they should just leave The Fiend off, it's not like he needs to be on every PPV card.

The gimmick of the show is Raw/Smackdown vs NXT and this whole "war" thing. The majority of the main players should be focused on that. Then you get Brock vs Rey as a little added attraction, and maybe The Fiend in a squash with someone completely expendable, but not so far down the ladder that it's laughable.

Fair, but then what about a handicapped match of Keith Lee and Dominik Dijakovic vs the Fiend? Or a singles match between Lee and the Fiend? OR Dijakovic vs the Fiend.

A loss for either guy or both, would not do either of them any harm. In fact it would/could showcase both men and make them look good in a loss. Show off what Keith Lee is capable of, and have him "hurt" the Fiend with one of his top rope moves, but still lose.

Transgender Terror
    Why not Dean Ambrose? Hasn't been around for awhile, so he's fresh.

Transgender Terror
    Ask his wife maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    Oh shit, I forgot about him. Where's he been?
    TNA

While Powder's suggestion is not very good on its own, he is onto something. Maybe let someone from NXT get a title shot, but earn it. Make it part of the gimmick for the event that he'll take on someone from NXT, since that's where he came from. It doesn't have to be Keith Lee or Dijak, though those are good suggestions. But Riddle would be a solid choice too. Anyone near the top of the card who could benefit from losing to Fiend, but could regain momentum on NXT after Survivor Series.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    Oh shit, I forgot about him. Where's he been?
    He, along with Tyson Smith, Chris Irvine and Western Canadian wrestling legend Sydney Steele, is dodging the greatest wrestler of all time, the man, the myth, the legend Jack Evans FROM THE HEAVENS. True story.

Transgender Terror
    Who asked you, ya hoser?

Your mama ya hoser!

Transgender Terror
    She's too busy kicking Powder in the testes right now.

She’s with me, but it’s her mouth on my testes not her foot

Try all you want Powder, but you aren't getting added to Cult vs. T.O. at the Triplemania XXVIII undercard next August.

Dammit, I was going to bust out my Frank-N-Steiner.

Transgender Terror
    Your role is in catering, chump.

I'll serve your ass like John McEnroe.

If I wasn't expecting him to be more involved with Sami/Nakamura, I'd say Fiend vs Bryan. Bryan will never lose anything in defeat when it comes to momentum with the fans, and is absolutely perfect at putting over his opponent. Plus, while I do think there's a case that Fiend vs Bryan could be high profile, it's not taking someone like Braun, Roman or similar and putting them in a no-win situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    If I wasn't expecting him to be more involved with Sami/Nakamura, I'd say Fiend vs Bryan. Bryan will never lose anything in defeat when it comes to momentum with the fans, and is absolutely perfect at putting over his opponent. Plus, while I do think there's a case that Fiend vs Bryan could be high profile, it's not taking someone like Braun, Roman or similar and putting them in a no-win situation.
    The issue with this is, we're looking for someone to lose in 5 minutes to The Fiend and I don't think marks would take too kindly to their beloved Daniel Bryan losing like that.

On a slightly related note, I am not ready for Nakamara to lose the IC title.

I think, though, that if you're doing that with The Fiend it can work because he's very much someone that people want to see in that kind of dominant role. And it needn't be five minutes, they could work 10-12 and still get it right with it seemingly being a dominant Fiend match.

The other possibility is a credible threat like Bryan, but have the Fiend get DQed after 5-10 minutes. Not a great option, but if done right, could create interest in the rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by PEN15v2 View Post
    While Powder's suggestion is not very good on its own, he is onto something. Maybe let someone from NXT get a title shot, but earn it. Make it part of the gimmick for the event that he'll take on someone from NXT, since that's where he came from. It doesn't have to be Keith Lee or Dijak, though those are good suggestions. But Riddle would be a solid choice too. Anyone near the top of the card who could benefit from losing to Fiend, but could regain momentum on NXT after Survivor Series.
    My only problem is that I don't want to see The Fiend no-sell all of Riddle's offence for 20 minutes, but I think that Riddle loses a lot in a quick five minute loss to Fiend.

That's the problem they've booked themselves into. Fiend shouldn't be doing 20+ minute main event matches in this incarnation if he's just going to get hit with all of his opponent's signature moves and shrug them off. They're just not interesting matches to watch already and there's only been two of them.

They need a find an out to get that belt off of him and turn him into the 1993 Undertaker where they just find guys to rotate in for him to beat.

I guess under my assumption, the no-selling will slowly ease off. Much like Undertaker did.

At least, I hope it eases off. The no-selling pisses me off too, but I'm not expecting it to last long.