Royal Rumble 2020

I know we are only in December, but the Royal Rumble is less than 2 months away.

Let the Speculation begin!

I think that on the RAW side, they are clearly building up Kevin Owens to challenge Lesnar for the WWE title, so he does not 'need' the Rumble win to buld that feud. Besides, I salivate thinking about KO vs Heyman microphone battles.

On the SD side of things, other than Daniel Bryan, there is no one who jumps out to be the next challenger for the Fiend. I also think that if the plan is for Reigns (yawn) to win the Rumble (again), the crowd will turn on him again. Also since they basically made the Fiend 'indestructible', you will need someone who can put him down. I think it is time for Strowman to win the Rumble and go to Mania against the Fiend.
    Last edited by Powder; 3 Days Ago at 11:19 AM.

They've been doing Fiend vs Strowman matches on the house show circuit, I think - possibly even as Smackdown dark matches too. There's a part of me that wants to see it, but I equally can't see it being particularly good - will work as an attraction match, I suppose.

Owens would definitely be my pick right now, or McIntyre. I actually lean the other way and think they really need the win to be a proper main event presence - particularly Drew would.

I think Smackdown is a bit more open, and am not sure they'll have a clearer scene by the Rumble if Bryan/Fiend is continuing until then. Reigns is an easy choice, the returning Sheamus would be a curious pick against Wyatt, and Braun should certainly be in the picture. I can't tell how that will shake out right now.

Sheamus should NOT win the Rumble and be in one of the Main Events at Wrestlemania, considering he has been out for 6 months, and no where near the main event title picture in years.

But he can be one of the final 6-8 guys left.

My final four of the Rumble will probably be: Reigns, KO, McIntyre, and Strowman.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    They've been doing Fiend vs Strowman matches on the house show circuit, I think - possibly even as Smackdown dark matches too. There's a part of me that wants to see it, but I equally can't see it being particularly good - will work as an attraction match, I suppose.

Could you imagine!? One of the biggest dudes on the roster hitting Fiend with every power move in the book and just...nothing.

I guess that is why I think that Strowman vs the Fiend has a chance of working, because he is the biggest guy on the roster hitting every power move.

If Balor, Rollins and Bryan can't beat him with wrestling or weapons, just pure power is the last result.

Or just bring back General Adnan and have him empty his arsenal.
    Last edited by Powder; 3 Days Ago at 12:15 PM.

Rollins defeated Strowman in clean fashion only for The Fiend to take everything Rollins had and still get up. By that logic, Strowman should be no match for The Fiend.

Hold on. Do not try to use logic in pro-wrestling.

How is a man of Bray Wyatt, who had a psychotic break to form 2 personalities, where one of them is basically Superman? So do not try to use Rollins beat Strowman, so Strowman should be no challenge to the Fiend.

The thing is, they'v got The Fiend to a point where he's already viewed as practically unbeatable. Unless he's opposite Lesnar nobody's going to give anyone a chance, I don't think. And the problem is entirely WWE's own making, because they didn't dare have The Fiend turn up and just wreck their golden boy Seth in five minutes, instead having to make him 'look strong' or whatever.

Yes, as Coach pointed out they made the Fiend too powerful, but they cannot have the Fiend vs Lesnar.

If I were a betting man, which I most certainty am not, I would bet that it will be Roman Reigns to defeat the Fiend at Mania. After all he is Vince's personal favorite, and the sole survivor from Survivor Series. Which also makes me think. Why didn't the WWE give Corbin the sole survivor? He retired Angle, won KOTR, and then the Sole Survivor for SD. As a gimmick it would have made much more sense, but they gave it to Reigns. Why?

But I digress. If Strowman is not facing the Fiend at Mania, it will be Reigns, who most likely will get booed out of Mania again if he beats the Fiend.

I want to see a full length Reigns vs Lee match at Mania. Just built off that kind of mutual respect thing.

Transgender Terror
    Why not Rollins vs Nicholas at Mania?

Unfortunately I do not see NXT guys or girls getting a Mania match. Mania is long enough with trying to get everyone from RAW and SD on the card, and preshow, and then adding NXT personnel would make the show even longer. they will have their Takeover that weekend, which will probably be better than Mania anyway.

But I agree. I want to see Keith Lee on the big stage showing off what he can do.

But what I would love to see at a future Wrestlemania:

Keith Lee vs Big E for the WWE Championship
    Humberto vs Angle Garza for the IC Title
    The Street Profit vs Kofi and Xavier for the RAW or SD tag Championship
    Ember Moon vs Bianca Belair for the RAW Women's Chmapionship
    Mia Yim vs Io Shirai vs Asuka vs Kari Sane in a fatal four way for the SD Women's Championship

Where most of the WWE's Top Titles are all held by and challenged by non-white performers all on 1 show.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    Why not Rollins vs Nicholas at Mania?
    Why would we need to see a squash match where Rollins gets pinned in 17 seconds?
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Days Ago at 11:28 AM.

While I agree that Fiend's booking is too powerful and garbage, it's not the major headache many are claiming. Kane and Undertaker are two obvious examples of people who were nearly invincible and no-sold everything, but eventually that changed. It took Undertaker a long time for him to look on the same level as the rest of the roster (instead of above that level), but Kane was brought back down to size by WrestleMania when he lost to Undertaker. After that, he was in the main event, but never quite on the same level as Rock/Austin/Taker...etc.

Point being that Fiend can no sell Bryan at TLC, and whoever at Rumble, but be beaten at WrestleMania. Today's audience will have a harder time buying into it than we did in the era of Taker or Kane, and Roman Reigns being the guy to do it is likely a mistake. But it can still be done.

Just won't happen by the Rumble.

I mean, my thinking was that Lee would be on the main roster. I hadn't really considered the possibility of NXT matches on the Mania card, but part of me would be surprised to not see an NXT Championship match on there.

If Reigns being the guy to do it is a mistake, Pen, who would you have? I think the only potentially viable alternative on Smackdown right now is Braun. Part of the reason why I think Sheamus is coming back at that main event level rather than midcard, is because Smackdown isn't really flush with guys that can slot into main event stories for the title, and they're already running one of those in Bryan against The Fiend. Kofi is the possible alternative, but I think that ends up in a pretty similar situation as Bryan right now - OK to get into the picture, but unlikely to take and hold the title.

Even with a long way to go to the Rumble, and further to Mania, I don't see many others they can build up to that point in the interim period.

If they really want to throw a curve ball into the mix, they have someone from NXT win the Rumble and make a big statement. But then - is bringing someone up from NXT to face The Fiend really a good way for them to start their main roster run?

Now I want to see The Dream vs The Fiend, though.

The only person on the NXT Roster that I could see, gimmick wise, being a legit threat to the Fiend is Rhea Ripley. Seriously. Her gimmick is that she just does not care and wants to beat the crap out of you.

Keith Lee is awesome, and we all agree to that, but he needs some promo polishing (or a manager).
    Ciampa said he never wants to leave NXT
    Amy of the UE are not threats to the Fiend
    Dominik Dijakovic is good but not as over as Lee
    Matt Riddle could be interesting, but I think he needs a more serious gimmick, than the Original Bro. Play up his MMA past, let him be a bit more serious and less aloof.
    Balor. Yawn

See, I think they play up Riddle's MMA past pretty well, and while he has this super laidback character it's also pretty clearly shown that he has all the tools to absolutely mess someone up if he can focus for five minutes. He could work against The Fiend, although I'm wondering if WWE will try and catch lightning with the Goldberg stuff, especially with the way the NXT crowd has latched onto that.

Without a doubt Riddle has all the tools, plus him using a Jackhammer against Balor was a nice touch. But his character just seems to be too much of a frat boy to be taken seriously. I do not want Riddle to change his gimmick as it IS working, but just cut a serious promo calling out someone. Walk to the ring with purpose every now and then.

Once he does that it makes all the difference in the world. I believe that Riddle has all the tools be a star, but he just needs a tad bit of refining.

You can be silly, you can be entertaining, but when you are calling someone out, or in a feud, you have to be serious about it.
    Last edited by Powder; 1 Day Ago at 10:56 AM.