Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    As a kid I even loved Every Which Way but Loose with the orangutan.

Off topic a bit, does anyone here use Letterboxd site to catalog movies? Its sorta of like goodreads, only for movies. You can review, like movies, put movies in a watchlist. Create any kind of list you want. Its been pretty fun and actually gotten me more into movies lately.

Can't say I do. I once totted up everything I'd seen on icheckmovies just to work out how many I was up to but it sounds like there was less functionality on that than what you are talking about here.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I don't know about the site you used but letterboxed is quite easy even if it has a few flaws that keep it from being perfect. There's a paid tier that helps you find movies on the various streaming sites but doesn't change how you use the site. You look up something and you'll branch off into other movies, other lists.. Didn't take me long to find most of the movies I've seen..

One thing i've really liked is you can follow people and their reviews and lists.. and if you see they've reviewed a movie, you can click on the poster and see their review.

I also like the aesthetic of it, 95% of movies listed have their movie poster.

https://letterboxd.com/
    Last edited by LK3185; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:09 PM.

So I haven't had a lot of time to go to the cinema lately but had a couple of hours today. And there was only really the one thing on at a convenient time, so I thought I'd chance my arm. That was Nutcracker and the four realms. And do you know what, you'll be hard pushed to see a film that is more visually appealing. Even if it doesn't really appeal to you, if you like the epic worlds of fantasy and are happy to just go for spectacle, I'd say it was worth a shot.

I do understand why the critical consensus hasn't been great but it is a striking thing to look at. There's also a little bit of meta stuff going on and some interest for anyone intrigued by neo-victorian kinda things, so it's not like you have to completely switch your brain off either - although the appeal is far more to the senses than any great investment in it.

The Brain
    I felt that way about Jupiter Ascending, it got trashed in the reviews but it was visually spectacular, and there's something to be said for that.

So I just watched Ready Player One again, and my feelings are exactly the same as when I saw it in the movie theater. It was crap. It completely changes almost everything from the book. While I understand that you cannot really accomplish what was written exactly, but they made a 2.5 hour movie and changed way too much.

Visually pretty, but all three challenges from the book were completely different. Where was the relationship between Z and H? Z and Artemis? The refer to 5 players as the High 5 at the end of the movie, but they never explain anywhere in the movie why they are called that. Why does Z love Artemis, there was no explanation that Z read and followed her blog for years and was "in love" with her as a writer prior to even meeting her. If you did not read the book you had no idea on almost everything.

Why did Sorrento have MechaGodzilla? Where were the rest of the Robots? Read the book people. Read the book.

So given my appreciation of the games and the hilarious bad press it's already getting, you better believe I'm going to see this Sonic movie when it comes out.

If you haven;t seen the Godzilla: King of Monsters trailer yet. You must, and be careful b/c I needed to change my pants after I saw it. It looks like the movie I have been waiting my entire life for!!