Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar

NJPW New Beginning in Sapporo / Osaka 2020

New Japan announced the full cards of the New Beginning shows in Sapporo and Osaka:

New Beginning in Sapporo - Night One (February 1)

- Tiger Mask IV and Yuya Uemura vs. Taiji Ishimori and El Phantasmo
    - Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma and Toa Henare vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Manabu Nakanishi and Yota Tsuji
    - Will Ospreay, SHO, YOH and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Zack Sabre Jr., El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru and DOUKI
    - Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI vs. Ryu Lee and Robbie Eagles
    - Tetsuya Naito and SANADA vs. KENTA and Jay White
    - Kazuchika Okada and Jon Moxley vs. TAICHI and Minoru Suzuki
    - Tomohiro Ishii vs. EVIL
    - Hirooki Goto vs. Shingo Takagi for the NEVER Openweight Championship

New Beginning in Sapporo - Night Two (February 2)

- Toa Henare vs. Yota Tsuji
    - Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma and Yuya Uemura vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Manabu Nakanishi and Tiger Mask IV
    - El Phantasmo vs. Gabriel Kidd
    - Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii and Robbie Eagles vs. Shingo Takagi, EVIL & BUSHI
    - Jon Moxley, SHO, YOH and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Minoru Suzuki, El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru and DOUKI
    - Tetsuya Naito, SANADA and Hiromu Takahashi vs. KENTA, Jay White and Taiji Ishimori
    - Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Will Ospreay for the RevPro British Heavyweight Championship
    - Kazuchika Okada vs. TAICHI

New Beginning in Osaka (February 9)

- Manabu Nakanishi, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima and Yuji Nagata vs. Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma, Toa Henare and Ryusuke Taguchi
    - SHO & YOH v. El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
    - Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi, Juice Robinson and David Finlay vs. Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, Yujiro Takahashi and Chase Owens
    - Kazuchika Okada and Will Ospreay vs. TAICHI and Zack Sabre Jr.
    - SANADA vs. Jay White
    - Hiromu Takahashi vs. Ryu Lee for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship
    - Jon Moxley vs. Minoru Suzuki for the IWGP United States Championship
    - Tetsuya Naito vs. KENTA for the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Championships

Holy crap, did they stack that card for the Osaka-jo Hall show. Looks like announcing the card did the trick because it seems like the show sold out shortly after. I managed to snag a good seat in the first five rows, so I'm definitely looking forward to that event.
    Last edited by Degenerate; 3 Days Ago at 09:35 PM.

The Brain
    I heard Osaka sold out almost instantly! Great that you snagged tickets, I'm sure it's gonna be a super fun show.

I'm surprised but pleased at how well KENTA has done reinventing himself, he was never going to be quite the same as 00s KENTA so focusing more on getting heat is a good idea for him. Doesn't seem like he has a chance in hell of beating Naito but it should be a hot match.

Moxley/Suzuki is a match fans have been asking for since Mox showed up in New Japan. If they can even come close to living up to expectations, it could be one hell of a brutal fight.

I'm not into Ospreay like I used to be (the opposite of most, it seems!) but I remember he and Sabre have had some awesome matches before, so there's a good chance they can do it again. Just for my own tastes, I think Sabre is a good at reigning in Ospreay's excesses.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    I agree, KENTA has really done an awesome job at getting some good heat from the fans. The last show I went to, there were already a lot of fans hating on him. After what he did to Naito at Wrestle Kingdom and New Year's Dash, it's going to be nuclear in Osaka. I saw a video of a NOAH tag match from 2014 involving Naito and KENTA, and they had some really hard-hitting shots there. That was six years ago but I hope that they can bring some of that intensity to their showdown in a few weeks.

I just realized that half of Los Ingobernables aren't scheduled on the Osaka card. The whole group is insanely over here, so it's kind of strange to not have them even on a throwaway match.

The match that seems to not be garnering too much attention is Hiromu vs. Ryu Lee. These guys have great chemistry and I'm really curious to see this after what happened last time they were in the ring.

Yeah, Hiromu vs Lee is going to be awesome. Mox vs Suzuki should be violent and sadistic in a way we don't get to see very often, too. Really looking forward to both of those.

Hopefully Naito and KENTA can do some good work together. I've not really been into what KENTAs done since returning to Japan, it's fallen a little bit flat for me, but this is a great spot for him to be in - and a nice one for Naito too, as he gets a chance against a heel with heat who shouldn't really be stepping up to him too much or causing him significant problems (in storyline).

Looks like a really good card, does that.