Mediocrity at it's finest kingzak13's Avatar

The Columns Forum Writer of the year Top Trumps Tournament 2019

Look at the shiny new banner

Whatís up guys, Kingzak is back in action with another column. Howís things been for everyone this year, hope theyíve all been well. Iíve not been as active at writing as Iíd like to have been, but thatís with good reason. I have been gathering and compiling the stats for the 2019 Top Trumps Tournament. 2018 was an odd year for the CF with the reset in the middle really limiting the score of columns, 2019 was back to business as usual. While 2019 was a fair bit less active as far writers goes, going down from 54 to 2019ís 42, there was still plenty of quality content to be enjoyed.

So who are these 42 intrepid writers looking to win the title of LOP Champion? well in alphabetical order we have Ö

205Clive
    Anonymous
    BEAR
    Benjamin Button
    Burn1nmyLight

Cathe67
    Cult Icon
    David K Martin
    Don Franc
    DrayZera

DynamiteBillington
    Gooner
    JacobWrestledGod
    Jeremysclsplx
    Kervin

Kingzak13
    KleckMania
    LWO4Life
    Mazza
    Mizfan

Mystic
    Oliver
    PEN15v2
    PennycookMills
    PrimeTime

Randall
    RIPBossman
    Rob S
    R-Prof
    Ryan Leaf Plant

ScottWoodBurn
    Shee
    Skitz
    Skulduggery
    SmarkWingDuck

SpinMaster
    Steve
    TheLAW
    Timebomb4321
    Typeitinmaan

Uncle Joe
    Zombieguy

So we have our combatants, but how are we gonna do this tournament. Iím honestly not sure what to do for this yearís tournament, a part of me thought ďdeath tournamentĒ but that idea was scrapped, partly because I donít know how most of you would react to a life or death scenario, and partly because that is literally the plot for DOA. So instead I have just been thinking of a way to streamline the event, making the cards isnít particularly hard, but coming up with the matches is a very time consuming thing.

So how are we laying this one out, well itís simple but mildly complex

Mizfan and PrimeTime get an automatic bye as the two finalists of the previous year.
    We then have twelve triple threat matches to randomly set up, and one fatal four way to get another 13 through to the next round.
    Anyone who doesnít get pinned or submitted in those matches will be put into a last chance battle royal to claim the final spot in the round of 16.

After that the rounds will be set up as they go, no structured brackets this year.

So without further ado, letís see who will be facing who.

Match #1
    #10 DrayZera
    Vs
    #18 LWO4Life
    Vs
    #40 ZombieGuy

Match #2
    #7 Cult Icon
    Vs
    #28 Ryan Leaf Plant
    Vs
    #34 SpinMaster

Match #3
    #36 TheLAW
    Vs
    #21 Oliver
    vs
    #27 R-Prof

Match #4
    #23 PennycookMills
    Vs
    #11 DynamiteBillington
    Vs
    #39 Uncle Joe

Match #5
    #1 205Clive
    Vs
    #15 Kervin
    Vs
    #25 RIPBossman

Match #6
    #12 Gooner
    Vs
    #5 Burn1nmyLight
    Vs
    #29 ScottWoodBurn

Match #7
    #2 Anonymous
    Vs
    #38 Typeitinmaan
    Vs
    #22 PEN15v2

Match #8
    #14 Jeremysclsplx
    Vs
    #19 Mazza
    Vs
    #24 Randall

Match #9
    #32 Skulduggery
    Vs
    #13 JacobWrestledGod
    Vs
    #33 SmarkWingDuck

Match #10
    #37 Timebomb4321
    Vs
    #26 Rob S
    Vs
    #4 Benjamin Button

Match #11
    #30 Shee
    Vs
    #3 BEAR
    Vs
    #20 Mystic

Match #12
    #9 Don Franc
    Vs
    #17 KleckMania
    Vs
    #7 Cathe67

Match #13
    #8 David K Martin
    Vs
    #31 Skitz
    Vs
    #16 Kingzak13
    Vs
    #35 Steve

And that is our list of upcoming matches, a lot of talent new and old. Who will be joining Prime and Mizfan in the next round. Youíll have to wait and see, or try and remember every column from the past year and good luck with that, thereís at least 220 from 2019, and thatís not including dailies and the like.

And that is really all I can think to say on this without giving anything away. The stage is set itís time to begin preperations for rumblings, who will make it through to the next round, youíll have to wait and find out in the next part. For now it is time to offer up details on your wrestling character, a lot of you did this last year but for any newbies or people wanting to change their character a little, nowís the time to let me know so I can write you accordingly. But now it is time I bid you all a fond farewell, hope you are all excited for the tournament and I will see you next time.

Wow - Up against my former partner.

These are alright, but I think the COTM's speak for themselves. It's not how often you write, how many months of the year you wrote, the amount of views you received, or the amount of comments you got back. It's how many people you touched each month at the time you wrote your columns and how many people, no matter how politically incorrect it was, that voted for you that counts.
    Last edited by Benjamin Button; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:17 PM.
    See the latest of my Ric Flair saga click here. http://lordsofpain.tv/showthread.php...acock-(Part-2) View my story inspired by colorful wrestlers I've come across in my fandom. http://lordsofpain.tv/showthread.php...-the-Challenge

LOP's part time glass ceiling DynamiteBillington's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Button View Post
    These are alright, but I think the COTM's speak for themselves. It's not how often you write, how many months of the year you wrote, the amount of views you received, or the amount of comments you got back. It's how many people you touched each month at the time you wrote your columns and how many people, no matter how politically incorrect it was, that voted for you that counts.
    It's also about having a bit of fun and looking at things in different ways, which is what this series achieves. Take it for what it is, a bit of fun. Zak does a lot of great work contributing towards the forum as a community, this is just one element of that.

Mediocrity at it's finest kingzak13's Avatar
    Feedback time

@Bear: I did not know you worked with Mystic or Shee, must have been before my time. Thanks for adding an extra layer of intrigue.

@Benjamin: In all honesty, I do agree that the COTM and end of year awards are more than enough. This is just something extra for fun. it's why in the past I had this labelled as unofficial because really it doesn't decide much. Though one thing I will say, it does a good job at highlighting people that may have been missed otherwise.

@Dynamite: That's really nice of you to say, thanks.

Thanks to everyone for reading, The matches will hopefully be kicking off after the Rumble.

With the columns forum lacking in output I was really surprised that there were 42 writers last year.

I like how the qualifying round works.

As for Don Franc, think of him as uber confident who people perceive to be arragont because of that. Therefore he plays the tweener role, drawing a fine line between heel and face. His moveset consists of mainly variations of powerbombs and suplexes, with his finisher being a combination of both, called the Powerplex.

Looking forward to this!

Quote Originally Posted by kingzak13 View Post
    Feedback time

@Bear: I did not know you worked with Mystic or Shee, must have been before my time. Thanks for adding an extra layer of intrigue.

Thanks to everyone for reading, The matches will hopefully be kicking off after the Rumble.
    Yeah, me and Mystic/Shane/Barney basically used to get drunk and write live reviews.

^ Ahh, youth. If I tried that now I'd likely be asleep sitting in a chair at 8 p.m. after 1-2 beers. Those were fun though.