Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Brain
    Haha, perhaps it sounded more portentous than it was meant to. All I was trying to say is that theoretically, you could save your partner from every single pin, submission, or double team by running in for 4 (very long) seconds, but most often guys don't.

Enjoyed the Hell out of this last podcast and learned a lot.

Let me start by saying my heart goes out to you Mizfan, and hope for nothing but the best. Honestly, staying at home isn't so bad for me. But uncertainty is the real demon we're fighting. And if you learn how to beat it, let me know!

As for the podcast, you had me at "He was trained by Buddy Rose"

Love the story of his championship prop, enjoy his promo work, and enjoy his character work. Most of all what a great dynamic with Larry Sweeney and Kingston!

It's funny you guys brought up Jericho, because aside great 80s heels, I saw some Jericho in the guy. I had stopped this part way to watch the videos because of your collective salesmanship. I thought of Jericho. Then, Jericho was brought up in character "ring work" Loved Mystic's analysis on character wrestling. Reminds me of Jericho for sure, (who may be at his best with this in AEW!) But I thought of two people I love to watch every now and then, Gorgeous George and Adrian Street.

Great pick, Mizfan! Loved the line where the Mizfan describes the small indy fed as the only thing between the wrestlers and the fans are the ropes, and they're shitty ropes.

Can't wait to hear some more WWF legacy series! Just a little more Adrian Adonis coming!
    Last edited by Benjamin Button; 4 Hours Ago at 06:36 PM.
    See the latest of my Ric Flair saga click here. http://lordsofpain.tv/showthread.php...acock-(Part-2) View my story inspired by colorful wrestlers I've come across in my fandom. http://lordsofpain.tv/showthread.php...-the-Challenge

In one promo, he looked like the love child of Bobby Eaton and Kurt Angle. In one match, he looked a little like good ol' Buddy Lee Parker. Was ever changing, that fella.

The uncertainty is what we're fighting. I had something of a panic attack today. Just got seized by a worst-case scenario vengeance that held me all day and just now let go.

I think it's the uncertainty, above all, that is bringing back WWF: TLS. I want to be in something I know. I want those old familiar patterns, and colors, and moments, and eras.

Mizfan did a great job, as you point out. I'm glad I know LS.

The Brain
    Ugh, I've been fighting those worst case scenario thoughts more days than not lately. Super glad you enjoyed the pod Benny, and you're right, I think there's loads of Jericho at his best in Sweeney. He's got that '98 vibe along with the '88 vibe.