Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All In

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan
    I believe this is fan made but it looks damn cool. Feeling excited about this, looking forward to more matches being announced!

Ace poster! Thumbs up to whoever designed it.

Twitter: @libsuperstar

The Brain
    It also really makes me want to see Okada/Mysterio!

Any thoughts on SBG/ROH actually bankrolling ALL in? I've read some people say its not truly independent because of that... still, i think its a great accomplishment to sell out.

The Brain
    Is that confirmed? Last I read it was being financed "independently", though I did hear hints that there was a bigger wallet somewhere behind Cody and the Bucks so I'm not ruling it out, I just never heard it for sure. If it is on SBG's dime, then it's definitely questionable as a true "independent", but still very impressive.

ROH is also producing it as well as partially funding it

its more implied than anything, not confirmed i would say.. but also, its not unrealistic to think that the Cody and the bucks wouldn't at least get to use ROH's equipment for the show as a way to do it. Cause that kinda of stuff is expensive.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    Kota Ibushi was officially announced for All In.

Let the speculation for how he'll be used begin!

Golden lovers vs. Lucha bros please

The Brain
    I would definitely prefer that to Lucha Bros/Young Bucks, which I saw in the Crash last year and thought was very disappointing. They seem to bring out the worst in each other, at least in my opinion. Fenix and Ibushi in the same ring sounds amazing, and then the aura/charisma of Penta and Omega... damn, that's really something.

Even if the lucha bros vs. Bucks was great, I don't what else you would do with Omega and Ibushi with the talent they have announced.

The Brain
    The question then is what do the Bucks do?

Yeah that's an issue. You have Rey Mysterio on this show.. does he wrestle Okada? its not like they will ever wrestle in New Japan... if not, they could give Rey a partner... or IDK... I just think Omega and Ibushi are having a tag but maybe not. You need a main event.

The Brain
    Man, I'd love to see Mysterio/Okada. But there are a lot of great combinations they could do. This show is really rich with possibility.

Yeah and I think it would be smart to not do matches you can readily see in New Japan and/or ROH... I have a feeling we'll get more talent..

The Brain
    Is there a list of everyone confirmed for All In anywhere? I haven't been able to find one but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

I can't find a list either, oh i found a list but its about a month old, not updated with Mysterio, Ibushi or MJF

Cody Rhodes
    Matt Jackson
    Nick Jackson
    Marty Scurll
    Hangman Page
    Stephen Amell
    Kenny Omega
    Tessa Blanchard
    Rey Fenix
    Pentagon Jr.
    Deonna Purrazzo
    Kazuchika Okada
    Chelsea Green
    Joey Janela
    Penelope Ford
    Britt Baker
    Jay Lethal
    Pharaoh the Dog

The Brain
    MJF is All In?? That's awesome! One of my favorite recent discoveries, I think he's got it in him to be a big star. Great that he gets this chance to show off his stuff.

With Scurll and Page there, I could maybe see some kind of Bullet Club angle for the Bucks. Not sure it's big enough on paper but executed well it could stir up some interest.

Really curious what Janela does too, he's been on a real tear stirring up buzz for himself and in front of a crowd like this he could really do something bonkers.

i forget who MJF partner was but it was last chance for Flip to get on the show (i assume Flip will be booked too)

I was thinking Amell would do something crazy with Janela

one guy i'm waiting to get booked for All in is PCO

The Brain
    Would love that!! PCO is arguably kind of a fad/novelty but he's also legitimately doing a bunch of cool stuff and has buzz, they'd be nuts not to include him if they can.

All in twitter account announced that All IN will be broadcasted in some form. As expected. I'm guessing ROH will help out.

The Brain
    It was expected, but I'm really glad it was confirmed. They've done such a great job marketing this, I think they'll get a very solid number of buys/views. I know I'll definitely be watching, though it'll probably be a replay or VOD.

LOP Freebirds Buddy Roberts SirSam's Avatar
    I wonder what the return on investment will be for the guys that put together this show? Was it a money making exercise or was it simply done to prove a point and not lose any money?

So cal Uncensored, (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky ) are now all in.

The Brain
    Good news to me! They're a very fun group.

First match is also being announced.. i'm wondering if they call it a main event or just intro matches and they'll be placed day of the show. Cody did say we won't see a full card listed, just matches announced every week.

Marty Scurll vs. Kazuchika Okada is the first announced match of All In.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSam View Post
    I wonder what the return on investment will be for the guys that put together this show? Was it a money making exercise or was it simply done to prove a point and not lose any money?
    Great question. The prices (before folks bought them up and sold them on Stubhub) seemed very reasonable. Part of me wonders if the decision was first governed by just sell the place out. I hope they earned a profit though. They deserve it.

The Brain
    I was really hoping for Okada vs. Rey but this Okada vs. Scurll should be interesting in it's own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Great question. The prices (before folks bought them up and sold them on Stubhub) seemed very reasonable. Part of me wonders if the decision was first governed by just sell the place out. I hope they earned a profit though. They deserve it.
    They talked about this on this first All in video that they will probably break even at best.

LOP Freebirds Buddy Roberts SirSam's Avatar
    A match with Okada is certainly something special for Marty. Gotta say I'm happy for the guy, he has carved out a unique little position in Indy fans hearts over the last few years with his blend of comedy and deviousness.

I'm gonna see Okada live...by Davie Meltzer measurements, this should be like a Snes Super Mario trip to Star World!

The Brain
    So the latest All In news is that Nick Aldis has to defend both the NWA title and his spot at All In against Flip Gordon, who has of course been trying to get booked on the show pretty much since it was announced. I'm not a huge Flip fan but I do think they've done a good job building this story, and I'm honestly not sure which way it'll go now. They've done some good legwork with Aldis, but they've done a lot with Flip too, and he's much more tied in to the Being the Elite stuff.

I can't see the NWA wanting to put the title on Flip after all the work they've done with Aldis.

The Brain
    But in fairness, I didn't hear a peep about Aldis until the Cody stuff. I didn't even know he was NWA champion. If they have a chance to further tie the title in to the hot Being the Elite stuff, I can see them maybe taking that shot.

Anything can happen, but, if I were booking, it'd stay with NA. I'm not even a fan, but they've been building it and they don't need shock value, as the tickets were sold. Besides, on the very episode that announced Flip, NA said he, as the dealer, still has more cards to deal with Cody.

Only thing I'm not sure about, does Cody still have to win Roh title for this to happen or are we off that?

He never had to; Aldis said he would put his title on the line against Cody as long as Cody agreed he would also put up the ROH Title if he won it. The fact Cody didn't win the title doesn't change that Aldis is putting his up. My initial feeling is that Flip is too green to be NWA Champion, but then I realize I haven't seen the NWA since it broke from TNA other than a few Adam Pearce matches, so I have no idea if he is or not.
    Last edited by XanMan; 1 Week Ago at 08:16 AM.

The Brain
    Ah, that's an interesting caveat. I was actually looking forward to title vs. title, but it does seem less likely to happen now.

I think I would also stay with Aldis. It feels like the better story, though it does seem like they have to do SOMETHING with Flip after all this talk.

I think they will but it will be like a last minute thing... I'm not really intrested in Cody's matches here but i'm more interested in seeing Cody try to win the NWA Title from Aldis rather than Flip.

i think Cody is taking time off to film something so i don't think him winning the ROH title would have been feasible.