Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All In

All In

Vince Russo angling to appear at All-In and Cody shutting him down was glorious.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Indeed! Hope they do get to 10K.

Twitter: @libsuperstar

"We don't reward bad behavior."

It is my belief that you can't be a fan of Vince Russo and a fan of pro wrestling. You can disagree, but that is just my take. I was considering going to All In, and, with Cody's response to Russo, I'm more likely to go.

Russo had some interesting ideas but they need to be tempered by someone with a more traditional outlook. Unfortunately for Russo he is so toxic that no one with a traditional outlook will ever work with him beyond being on a podcast with him to reminisce.

On the topic of All In, I think it is a fantastic marketing move they have made, really making the audience feel part of a revolution. What are the odds on a CM Punk appearance?

You never know. He will be signing autographs at the Pro Wrestling Tees store in Chicago right before All In.

All In press conference is over. Big news is that Cody will be challenging for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship on the show (Nick Aldis, the former Magnus from TNA, is the current champion) and Rey Mysterio is All In!

So the All in press confrence was more of a pep rally than anything. Some frankly idiots expected it to be something more serious and are now less interested in the show lol.

Anyway, notes from that and some actual questions were asked after... so far

the NWA World Title will be defended on the show and Cody will be challenging.

Rey Mysterio is all in.

Cody said there's no current plans to stream the show but never say never

Punk will be signing a day before at PWTees store, but his focus is on MMA right now (took this to mean that Punk may be there but if he gets washed in his next fight, its more likely)

They did it. All In has sold out in less than an hour.

As I said on Twitter, it's amazing, but what's truly noteworthy is that they've done it with ease. Sounds like they could have aimed a lot higher (though no criticism from me on that because obviously, hindsight is brilliant in these things).

Really glad for them! This is good for wrestling. I'm also amazed at how quickly they were able to do it.

Hearing about 250 tix on stubhub already. That's actually not that many considering how many resellers their are for WWE events.

I'm legit shocked they sold out though on basically no card.

The only match announced was Cody vs. the NWA Champion, which as of now is Nick "Magnus" Aldis. TNA was right about Magnus being a star all along!

Magnus isn't exactly a Ric Flair, you know

Magnus always pops a gate here. But then if he didn't in his home country, he wouldn't anywhere.

Is it worth pointing out that the last time the WWE ran a show that didn't have TV behind it in Chicago, they didn't do much better than this - from what I hear they basically half-filled the United Center on the Road to Wrestlemania.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    Is it worth pointing out that the last time the WWE ran a show that didn't have TV behind it in Chicago, they didn't do much better than this - from what I hear they basically half-filled the United Center on the Road to Wrestlemania.
    Last I heard they aren't even doing it now. Remember, Money in the Bank and the next NXT Takeover are both in Chicago and supposedly neither show has sold out yet. It's not entirely fair obviously because WWE is running every week and this is just one show. Even still, I think it's another example of just how good a job Cody and the Bucks have done making this reality.

I'm super impressed with those guys, don't get me wrong, but I think Cult is right that a big part of it is that this is one time and WWE runs all the time. They didn't have a card, but we know generally who's going to be around, short of some surprises, but for about a year they've basically been pushing that they're going to have a 10,000 person show.

They started the hype train so long ago and have had so long to get people to want to purchase those tickets, that I' not surprised that they sold out.

Now, yeah there was a time where just announcing that WWE was coming to town would guarantee a sell-out within minutes. They aren't that hot anymore. But a big part of this is the hype of being at this one-time show. It's indy WrestleMania.

If they do it a few more times, let's see if it's the same. I, for one, hope that it is and I hope that these dudes make a killing off the show.

They aren't trying to make a killing. That's why ticket prices weren't extravagant for this and why I expect (if they choose this route) the show won't cost much on PPV. They wanted to prove there was a market for wrestling and wrestlers outside of WWE. Considering they sold out this show with only one match announced (a match that as of now is Cody vs. Magnus, which isn't a sexy match in the slightest) off the back of nonstop promotion and a talented roster, I say they succeeded. Whether they make any money or not isn't the concern, though I expect the merch sales from this show to be extravagant and great for the talent as it'll all go back to them.

The Brain
    I doubt they could sell 10,000 tickets in 30 minutes every week, but the fact that they sold out so fast indicates that if they do rare events with top notch marketing they could potentially fill even bigger venues.

Really pleased for the All In bunch. I think they'd be nuts not to stream it in some form, obviously the demand is there.

Think we'll get an IPPV at best, maybe it airs on twitch. The issue is the New Japan talent probably can't be allowed on standard PPV unless given the go ahead. Not sure about Pentagon and Fenix.

But this show has to be made available. Think only reason it wasn't a sure thing is because it wasn't expected to sell out.

I can't believe we're still wondering about whether there are issues for Pentagon and Fenix! Not only should the Impact appearance have squashed that, but it's been made perfectly clear that Pentagon and Fenix can work wherever, whenever as long as it doesn't conflict with Lucha Underground dates. Season four is already filmed, they will not be filming season five by September and since LU doesn't care, those guys can appear on any sort of platform. Okada may be more iffy, but given Gedo's good relationship with the Elite I'm pretty sure they can work out something that doesn't ruffle any feathers (really, the only objection I could see New Japan having for Okada is him losing, and there's little chance he's losing on this show anyway unless he's legit facing CM Punk, which he won't be).

Here's a question. What matches do you want to see on this show the most, from people already booked and even people not booked yet? Because now that it's sold out, the Bucks and Cody pretty much have clearance to find whoever they want and book as many interesting matches as possible. For example, mizfan and I were discussing earlier how cool it would be for the Elite to seek out a guy like CMLL legend Negro Casas, an all time great who's only US exposure was a few appearances on Super Astros, and put him against Jericho (who I think is a possibility for this show and is a protege of Casas) or Mysterio in a first time ever lucha dream match.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    I have to admit that I was somewhat skeptical about the All In crew being able to pull this event off, but they did in amazing fashion. I will gladly proceed to put my foot in my mouth. Super-happy that it's been going as well as they could have ever imagined.

Matt Jackson mentioned that they want the show's run time to be about three hours. Given the amount of people that they've already announced to be part of the show, that probably means they'll have a ton of multi-man matches with a few big showcase singles matches like the NWA Championship match.

I think it is super cool that they pulled the NWA Championship back from general obscurity, very nice symbolically for the show.

I say good for them too, they obviously went out there to prove a point and do so emphatically, if anything they could have aimed higher.

The Brain
    I kind of hope the NWA title match only goes 15 or so with Cody going over, but then again as I've said before I don't really see a lot in Magnus. I definitely don't think it'll be the main event anyway.

Good for them to keep it to 3 hours, especially if they stream it. Will provide another nice counterpoint to bloated WWE PPVs!

Oh man, Russo's army of twitter minions are still trying to get him booked then tweeting crazy abuse at Cody when he says no.

It's kinda funny the ease with which he does it and how annoyed they get in return.

The Brain
    One fan threatening not to come to All In if Russo wasn't there was priceless... they're already sold out!

I saw that one! It said Russo = money. I mean, even if you buy everything he says about his writing, in what universe has he ever had one single iota of value as a performer?

The Brain
    Right, is he gonna... write All In? It's not even a promotion, at most they could do some kind of angle for Being The Elite, but that hardly seems like it needs a guest writer to pop people's interest.

Utter insanity, how does this guy have fans?

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    Right, is he gonna... write All In? It's not even a promotion, at most they could do some kind of angle for Being The Elite, but that hardly seems like it needs a guest writer to pop people's interest.
    it was more cause Russo was intially booked for the Starrcast meet and greet/convention for All in weekend... Then Cody pulled him cause Cody and the Bucks knew their fan base wouldn't want Russo and Starrcast has someone else getting guests for them (Conrad Thompson)

Bucks vs Pentagon Jr and Fenix
    Son of Havoc vs Kenny Omega
    Okada vs Scurll (I genuinely didn't know what to go with here for Okada, but feel like he should have a singles bout)

The Brain
    I like Matt Cross, but surely they'll find someone more high profile for Omega than that?

I saw the Bucks wrestle the Lucha Bros last year in the Crash and it really put me off. I feel like they bring out the worst in each other. I'm happy to be proved wrong on a rematch though.

Still hoping they get Ibushi on board, I'd be down with Golden Lovers vs. Lucha Bros for sure. Not sure where that leaves the Bucks though.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    it was more cause Russo was intially booked for the Starrcast meet and greet/convention for All in weekend... Then Cody pulled him cause Cody and the Bucks knew their fan base wouldn't want Russo and Starrcast has someone else getting guests for them (Conrad Thompson)
    My post was more about wondering why Russo's fans are trying to argue that Cody needs to bring in Russo to make the product better. Even if Cody did bring him in, I can't imagine what he would contribute (on a number of levels!).

"Talent isn't sexually transmitted." CanadianCrippler's Avatar
    Anyone aware of if the Bullet Club breaking up at this event or if there's a narrative or storyline to this show or is it just a one-off event? That being said, is there a card or is this still getting booked?

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    Whenever there's a Bullet Club break-up, it'll most likely happen at a New Japan show in Japan.

As far as I know there's no set card yet and it looks like it's all set up as a one-off event. But you have to think that with the massive success in sales, the guys are already setting up for future events. There might be some type of continuity depending on how they book it.

In my mind and fantasy booking I thought Cody would be challenging Kenny for the IWGP title (won at Dominion) there.

That isn't going to happen though.

Seems like they haven't organised much in the way of PPV or streaming options and at the moment it is a once off so the story may well just be the event itself being the biggest indy wrestling show. The fact they have the NWA belt being defended suggest to me that is the case, lends it a really historic feeling.

This isn't the kind of show that you just put the tip in, that's for sure

The Brain
    Don't forget, New Japan is running a G1 Special in the US again, so I expect the Cody/Omega title match will show up there. I do dig how the show is following continuity from both New Japan and ROH though, and even touching on a few other promotions in the meantime. Feels like a cool unifying force, to say the least!

So Punk apparently said, when asked after his trial if he was 'All in', that he's not.

Still, I guess there's nothing stopping you from believing that is a misdirection, if you prefer to think that.

The Brain
    It was always a long shot, but if he's supposed to be a surprise that's pretty much exactly what he'd say. Still hopeful, but not hanging the success/failure of the event on it.

It would be pretty funny if the lawyer was just a huge fan and thought it was his chance to ask while Punk was under oath.

The Brain
    I believe this is fan made but it looks damn cool. Feeling excited about this, looking forward to more matches being announced!