The Global Revolution

Are you ready for a Revolution? Jeff and mizfan always are, and this is the place for you to come and show some love for the boys from The Global Revolution. Want to give them props for covering a show or promotion that almost nobody else is? Maybe you want to suggest something new for them to check out? You found the place.

The Revolution won't be televised... but it is going out in audio form every Tuesday morning on LOP Radio. Make your voice heard!

Natural Vibes
    Gots a big one coming up. We're covering CHIKARA's latest show, as well as Dragon Gate's huge Dead or Alive show, main evented by their yearly Hair vs. Hair Survival Escape match! I had a ton of fun with DoA and I'm looking forward to talking all about it!

People either love me, hate me, or they don't care CanadianCrippler's Avatar
    Can I make a request for you guys to cover Evolve 104 or Evolve 105 if you guys got the means or willingness to do so, please? I've been hearing a lot about Evolve this decade and I've grown to respect Gabe Sapolsky as a businessman so I'd like to hear what you guys think of this promotion as I pretty much only care to see Ethan Page wrestle.

The Brain
    We did cover some a little bit of WWN from Wrestlemania weekend, so there's that! I have to say honestly I'm not the biggest EVOLVE fan, they book good talent but their distribution is a mess so it's a pain to get a hold of shows, and I feel like once I finally get my hands on them a lot of times they're sort of dry and indy-riffic. We'll definitely do a set on them at some point though, so stay tuned!

Fair enough sir, ended up seeing EVOLVE 104 & 105 and I have mixed feelings about it. The quality reminds me of Mr. Tito's grievances with Ring of Honor but the wrestling was very different to say the least. I think some guys just prefer to do as much as possible than tell a basic story but perhaps more consistent viewings will give me a better idea of what makes EVOLVE different enough to be a cult favorite.

Doing any Ring of Honor reviews any time soon?

The Brain
    I don't like to overload on American Indy stuff, and since we are doing some PWG on tomorrow morning's show it'll probably be a little bit before diving back into an American company, unless it's Bar Wrestling which I just find terrifically fun (CHIKARA is also of course a must). At some point will definitely get some ROH in too, the reviews for Cody/Omega weren't nearly as good as I hoped but I do want to check it out at some point. Also planning to do a special on All In, assuming it ends up being streamed or broadcast in some fasion.

I now have a better understanding of the term "global" hahaha. Fair enough, I can't argue that you and Jeff and sometimes Joe have educated me enough to add three indy feds into my world so I can't complain if you think the British do superior work over North Americans.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Bullet club trio may be airiing the event on the ROH streaming services. I'm currently watching an Honor Club exclusive event from London, England on the Honor: United tour and Nick Aldis just addressed Cody about the NWA World Title match at All In and cut some great promo's against one-another for essentially a foreign crowd and a very marginal audience. I wouldn't be wrong to assume maybe less than 5% of ROH fans have Honor Club. Hosting All In would help boost the income flow.
    Last edited by CanadianCrippler; 05-28-2018 at 07:00 PM.

The Brain
    I've heard Honor Club is a bit of a mess, which is another reason I'm hesitant to try to do in depth ROH coverage. If they can't sort out their distribution, it becomes a big pain for me when I put the sets together!

Yeah, we take the Global thing very seriously! I try to keep the balance between America/Europe/Mexico/Japan. I've thought about trying to add wrestling from other places, I've seen very fun stuff from Russia and Australia for example, and it's supposed to be a growing thing in China, but that's not really in the rotation yet.

I don't think British stuff is necessarily superior to American stuff. Actually, to be honest you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference anymore, the style has been pretty well homogenized between them. Between American and Europe, my favorite in ring product is definitely wXw coming out of Germany. My favorite promotions overall are still Lucha Underground and CHIKARA but wXw is hot on their tails because they not only have great wrestling but they also tell good stories and actually create characters, and best of all they make it really accessible for outsiders, complete with subtitles when needed and full blown video packages to explain the feuds.

Holy shit. I'm going to check out wXw now, you've said some mighty positive things about some guy just named Walter so it may be about time to see what all the fuss is about. Does he really chop the skin off people?

That actually disturbed me as much as one spot where an indy wrestler smashed a chair off a woman's unprotected head. Wow that's fucking brutal!

The Brain
    Haha, it's brutal indeed, but fortunately there's not much risk of lasting damage or brain injury.

Natural Vibes
    Definitely got some big things to discuss on this week's episode. A round-up of solid RevPro matches, plus the return of Lucha Underground and Kenny Omega vs. Kazuchika Okada's 2/3 Falls match! Sparked some interesting discussion, I thought. Check it out!

Natural Vibes
    Guess which podcast started a Twitter fight between Travis Huckabee and Razerhawk? That's right, THIS ONE!