Dark Side of the Ring

Is anyone watching this new season so far? I cried during the Benoit episode, it's so hard to get through.

Transgender Terror
    Is there a way to watch online? I lost my "cable" 3 months ago when PSVue died.

youtube has both Benoit episodes. I watched them yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    Is there a way to watch online? I lost my "cable" 3 months ago when PSVue died.
    The Vice website might have it available in the US for free. I used a VPN and watched it that way.

It's hard to get through. Part one is so sad, it hurts to watch and just makes you want to cry for an hour. Part two leaves you wondering how all of this could even be real. I don't want to give anything away about the ending, but it brightens up a little.

The one thing I will say is that Jericho saying that Nancy deserves a Hall of Fame spot for her contributions, but you can't even say her last name broke my heart.

It was heartbreaking. What surprises me is that I did not know that Benoit had a daughter from his first marriage, and she was barely even mentioned.

Does anyone know if she had a relationship with Nancy? From the doc, it appears that she did not.

I never knew him, but I am close with several of his good friends. I'm not positive, but I think someone once mentioned that she wants nothing to do with any of this, doesn't want to be associated with any of it, and just wants to move on with her life.

This really messed David up, man. Every now and then, it'll make the news that he's said something crazy (like he wants to wrestle as Chris Benoit Jr.), but it's completely earnest.

He's been told by just about everyone, though probably not Jericho or Chavo who seem to want to not hurt the kid, to give up on wrestling and just be a fan. It's sad, and I feel really bad for him about it, but unfortunately when your dad almost ended the wrestling business it probably means that you can't be involved.

Wouldn't that feel like if John Wayne Gacey's kids wanted to get into the birthday clown business? Even if they're really good at it, it's probably the wrong move.

I'm sure it's a great doc, but with everything else going in the world, I'm in no mood for depressing TV.

Next week is New Jack. I know it'll be horrifying, but I feel like it'll be a lot lighter so long as you're expecting New Jack stabbing people.

In my quarantine, I found it on demand.

I watched S1E1, S1E2, S1E3, Macho/Liz, Montreal Screwjob, and the Death of Bruiser Brodie, and both Benoit eps. All really good so far. I had no idea about Brodie before.

All I can say is that if Nancy Benoit can't be allowed in the HOF because of her last name, and Liz is still not in the HOF, then there is no doubt in my mind that Carlos Colon should be removed due to his involvement and cover up of Brodie's murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    Next week is New Jack. I know it'll be horrifying, but I feel like it'll be a lot lighter so long as you're expecting New Jack stabbing people.
    Isnít that the first thing you think of when think of New Jack? Or is that just me?

Quote Originally Posted by meandi View Post
    Isn’t that the first thing you think of when think of New Jack? Or is that just me?
    Oh man, the preview would lead you to believe that they're airing basically a D'Lo Brown reaction video to an indy match where New Jack whips out a box cutter and starts stabbing a dude.

I'm actually looking forward to the episode. Jim Cornette always speaks very highly of young, pre-ECW New Jack, and I'm interested in hearing more of his story.

Binge watching got me. I finished the series so far, and Gino Hernandez was good, Moolah was meh.

Looking forward to New Jack.