Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Which is the reason why it would work as a come back match. Besides, Punk would be no where near a title match upon his return match, nor a Taker match, so what would be another hig profile match? Against HHH, the guy that he walked out on, and now he is here to exact his revenge.

That might make it mean something to a certain portion of the fans, but it's not something that fans in 2020 will identify with as much. And it certainly isn't the type of match I suspect would tempt Punk back into the ring.

If Punk were to take a match against HHH, Iíd imagine it would be a lot like Hogan/HBK from SummerSlam Ď05.

No way. The first match Punk has in 6 years and makes a mockery of it? I believe that punk has too much respect for the business to do that. If the match at WrestleMania 30 happened, at that time, yes i could see him pulling an HBK on Hogan, but not now.

Why would accept a match after 6 years of being retired only to come back and make a mockery of himself and the business? HBK did it b/c of Hogan playing politics, but he also knew that he had more left in his career to move on after the match. Punk would possibly only have this one match, and he would want it to be a possible swan song.
    Last edited by Powder; 01-08-2020 at 11:01 AM.

The point is he wouldn't do it for the match he was booked to have before he left.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    No way. The first match Punk has in 6 years and makes a mockery of it? I believe that punk has too much respect for the business to do that. If the match at WrestleMania 30 happened, at that time, yes i could see him pulling an HBK on Hogan, but not now.
    And he has 0% respect for HHH, which is why he would do it if he was to go through with that match. Punk said his in dvd years ago that he doesnít burn bridges... he straps tnt to it and blows it up. If he was told his only way back in was to have a match against HHH, his pride would lead to a mockery of a match. If for nothing else than as a big final fuck you to Vince and HHH. Itís a moot point, though... if he comes back, that match wonít happen.

Punk vs Bryan would be an interesting choice for a return match for Punk, but I'd love to see it happen again.

Realistically if Punk were to ever come back - and I'm not convinced he will - it's presumably going to be a big Mania match he debuts in. He's one of few 'surprise' entrants I could see winning a Rumble, mind you.

Punk is NOT winning the Rumble. He might, a sleight chance enter it, but he is not winning it.

I didn't mean this year at all, for what it's worth. But more of an 'in the future' thing.