Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I don't know. Having AJ win the title back after giving it to DB, which almost everyone has been clamoring for? That seems a bit off. I can see Bryan dropping the belt at the rumble or whatever PPV comes before Mania, but to have him lose it so soon seems pretty cheap.

I don't really want to see Jeff Hardy or Rey Mysterio win the belt off Daniel Bryan, tbh. Just give it to Cesaro. He deserves it.

Daniel Bryan Vs Andrade Cien Almas. Give them 25 minutes and a roof to blow off. They've blown the first time ever opportunity on it with a DQ finish, it's heel Vs heel, and Almas will need some warming up but fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    I don't know. Having AJ win the title back after giving it to DB, which almost everyone has been clamoring for? That seems a bit off. I can see Bryan dropping the belt at the rumble or whatever PPV comes before Mania, but to have him lose it so soon seems pretty cheap.

I don't really want to see Jeff Hardy or Rey Mysterio win the belt off Daniel Bryan, tbh. Just give it to Cesaro. He deserves it.
    I think Hardy, Rey and AJ are perfect faces for Bryan to feud with until 'Mania, but I don't see any of them winning the belt off him. But they are credible and all former WWE Champs, and the crowd can buy them as champions, so I think that adds fuel to this fire. I really hope the person who beat Bryan is a call up. LOL.

As for Almas, no, they shouldn't do that. They need Almas to get good wins. Unless they turn him face and blow it off with him beat Bryan, which they wouldn't and shouldn't do, I just don't see a Bryan/Almas matched being necessary.

Heel Bryan Danielson was the guy who got me to watch ROH for the first time. This is a great thing for him. At times people forget how awesome of a heel he is. I get that people love the organic babyface, but this isn't like turning Zayn. Bryan has success, both in WWE and outside of it, as one.

SD has a ton of babyfaces. You could elevate Cesaro (as was pointed out). You could also elevate a member of TND. If any match is built right a heel Bryan get anyone over.

This has reinvigorated his run. Good. Thought they were just gonna ride his return popularity to the ground without giving him any direction.

“Stoop to your own level. Your nature. Trust yourself. And most importantly... You have to learn what laws are really laws and not… Oppression."

Quote Originally Posted by Macho Mourn View Post
    Heel Bryan Danielson was the guy who got me to watch ROH for the first time. This is a great thing for him. At times people forget how awesome of a heel he is. I get that people love the organic babyface, but this isn't like turning Zayn. Bryan has success, both in WWE and outside of it, as one.

SD has a ton of babyfaces. You could elevate Cesaro (as was pointed out). You could also elevate a member of TND. If any match is built right a heel Bryan get anyone over.

This has reinvigorated his run. Good. Thought they were just gonna ride his return popularity to the ground without giving him any direction.
    I've been hoping Big E gets in chance for a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post
    I've been hoping Big E gets in chance for a long time!
    Same with me. I just don't want the rest of TND at ring side with distractions during such a match. Give SD the elimination chamber treatment and have all three members of TND in the match, Big E outlast the other two (while someone like Orton goes mad in the match and eliminates his partners) and you can build a story heading to mania where E wants to do this without help. Give the other two a tag title match and all is set for them to all hold gold heading out. After Mania you can move Bryan to RAW where they will most likely want him before the new deal starts.

“Stoop to your own level. Your nature. Trust yourself. And most importantly... You have to learn what laws are really laws and not… Oppression."

Hate to turn this into a Big E thread, but one day, we'll look back at this time and Big E will rank very, very, very highly as one of the biggest wasted talents in all of WWE history. Like, up there with Rude, Jake, Hennig, and Steamboat as guys who should've been a World Champion (actually, I'd argue, MORESO).

In another thread we're debating the merits of Drew McIntyre. We've spent eons talking about Ziggler's ups-and-downs. We've talked endlessly about how WWE doesn't have enough babyfaces that the whole crowd is behind.

Then you look at Big E and its astounding how little they've done with this dude. What does he not have? What box does he not check?

He's in his early 30s. He's got good mic skills. He's proven, via the New Day, that he can sell merch and get catchphrases over. Size and look have always been on-point and "McMahon Level." No Wellness Violations or social media errors (as far as I remember). Kids love him. "Smart fans" (like myself) could never argue he hasn't put in his dues or "can't work." He has earned the fan support slowly and organically. The New Day should've been done by now, like most stables that have been around 3+ years, but they can't end it because it still rakes in loads of cash! That's INSANE in the modern wrestling era.

I'd love to hear the argument that, at a Survivor Series or a Rumble, sometime in the last 3 years, if you had a staredown between Big E and Brock, the crowd wouldn't have gone APESHIT. Just imagine that scenario and tell me that Big E staring down Lesnar doesn't immediately propel him into being considered a serious kayfabe threat and get a MEGA POP. You could run that sort of angle now and it'd still be as hot as if you did it in 2017 or 2016. The New Day, including Big E, has maintained a level of overness that is not easy to maintain.

So, yeah, if you haven't considered Big E as maybe the single most untapped talent on the male roster, you've done what (sadly) the WWE writers and bookers have done and just completely overlooked the guy's credentials. He's not even a hypothetical top guy, he's a very real top guy that just hasn't been positioned as such. You look at what this guy has done, from merch sales to crowd support to in-ring ability to cosmetic look to promos, and its pretty uncanny that they haven't even attempted to give him a strong singles push.

Oh, wait, I overlooked the elephant in the room.......
    Last edited by Josh; 11-16-2018 at 08:11 PM.

I've been on that Big E train since NXT and I'm not intending to get off it at any point soon - I'd love for him to get the nod over Bryan for the title in the end. Everything is in his favour to be a successful main event guy. I do wonder whether WWE is just to obsessed with keeping The New Day as a single unit for them to ever allow Big Earl the singles run he's clearly ready for, though.

I do think it's weird there aren't more rumours around him getting a singles push - he has everything that Josh has said, plus has proven himself as a good company guy over the last couple of years in terms of media/press, plus has made chicken salad from chicken shit with this gimmick.

New Day probably still sells a ton of merch and its hard to split that up when all three guys can still be pretty useful.. I think Xavier is underrated in this parts.. in that, he might not have the charisma or size that Big E has, but he has everything else... I don't think anyone in WWE pulls off being scared of Bray Wyatt like Xavier did.

I've also not really been that impressed by Big E's single work.. doesn't click for me, maybe it will when he gets a serious singles run.

Getting back to Bryan, i'm curious where they go with it because I think you have to pivot away from Styles quickly, if he's not getting the title back. So do a rematch at TLC and then, if Bryan wins you got to have built up a credible face to take him on.... and not be Jeff Hardy.
    Last edited by LK3185; 11-17-2018 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185
    New Day probably still sells a ton of merch and it's hard to split that up when all three guys can still be pretty useful.. I think Xavier is underrated in this parts.. in that, he might not have the charisma or size that Big E has, but he has everything else... I don't think anyone in WWE pulls off being scared of Bray Wyatt like Xavier did.

I've also not really been that impressed by Big E's single work.. doesn't click for me, maybe it will when he gets a serious singles run.

Getting back to Bryan, i'm curious where they go with it because I think you have to pivot away from Styles quickly, if he's not getting the title back. So do a rematch at TLC and then, if Bryan wins you got to have built up a credible face to take him on.... and not be Jeff Hardy.
    Basically! I've read that Vince is keen on Big E tho.

Twitter: @libsuperstar

Rey is an option, I think. He's basically been bulletproof since returning to WWE, and is still over. I'd be quite into a little bit of American Dragon vs Rey Mysterio.

Bryan was amazing last night. The match against Lesnar was really good. Lesnar, when he wants to, sells very well against smaller opponents, and he did so very well. He made Bryan look great.

I would have like for Bryan to get the win, but I get why they didn't have Lesnar lose.

BUT, I think that Bryan needs an opponent that is a clear face. I know that Bryan will have a rematch with AJ, and he will retain, but then I do not see Big E as the next guy to step up.

Also, Not Rey, he does nothing for me.

Big E would be a great call actually because the crowd would genuinely be invested in him getting the title and it would also mean Bryan stomping on one of the most fun characters in the WWE which would hopefully keep him away from 'cheered badass' at least for the moment.

You could probably also replace Big E with Rusev and have a similar result too.

@Sir_Samuel

Rusev would be perfect. And Bryan and Rusev would put on great matches, AND would make Rusev look like a Million Bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Bryan was amazing last night. The match against Lesnar was really good. Lesnar, when he wants to, sells very well against smaller opponents, and he did so very well. He made Bryan look great.

I would have like for Bryan to get the win, but I get why they didn't have Lesnar lose.

BUT, I think that Bryan needs an opponent that is a clear face. I know that Bryan will have a rematch with AJ, and he will retain, but then I do not see Big E as the next guy to step up.

Also, Not Rey, he does nothing for me.
    The disrespect. I wouldn't have Rey dethrone Bryan, but I'd have him challenge and get close, but Bryan wins. Bryan to me needs a long reign, and he will need faces to run through in order to build up credibility so that the face that does beat him will get that big pop from the crowd. Rey right now is over with the crowd, especially kids. My 7 year old has never been happier... LOL.. and having Bryan beat on Rey will get heat. Also Hardy too. Both are those vet cannon fodder to really push Bryan up.

Rusev would be perfect. And Bryan and Rusev would put on great matches, AND would make Rusev look like a Million Bucks.
    If they can build Rusev, he'd be better than Big E. I don't have much confidence that Vince will, but Rusev is a more proven singles wrestler. Bryan would gladly put him over, and Lana as the manager of the WWE champ... that's a SMOKING combination. I just wish Vince would see it.

I have nothing against Rey, it's just that I never saw him as a threat to anyone. I have been a wrestling fan for over 30 years and I understand how to suspend disbelief in order to enjoy wrestling. BUT, with that said, Rey, to me, is the least credible opponent for a "Heavyweight Title". The matches he had with Kevin Nash, the Big Show, Mark Henry, Great Khali etc, are all jokes. How can a guy like Rey really beat any of those guys? I know speed and resilience, but once they catch him, it should be all over. I get that Rey has been SUPER over since his days in ECW, WCW, and WWE, but that does not mean he should be champion.

All 3 of his title runs were weird. The first two WHC were to support the death of Eddie Guerrero. They put the belt on him to help heal the fans when Eddie died. Then the WWE title run was a complete transitional way to put the "vacated title" onto Cena in the CM Punk story line.

Rey is amazing, and is a sure fire Hall of Famer, but he should never be near the top of the pyramid.

ALSO, when it comes to Bryan vs Rey, the size difference is NOT that great. So I can see them putting on great matches, but Rey should lose.maybe pick up a non-title win, or a tag match win against Bryan, but never win the title.

I'm not sure there was any argument for Rey to actually win the title there. It's more a case of him certainly being an option as an opponent for Bryan to fill in the time at a TLC/Rumble/Elimination Chamber before Mania. Although to be honest I'd have Bryan holding this title for a while longer than that, if the plan in WWE is truly to use smug ass, stupid ass Shane McMahon as a heel to turn Miz face and then run face Miz vs heel Bryan at some point in the future then I can see them doing that at Mania.

Oh god... Face Miz is a terrible idea.

The matches he had with Kevin Nash, the Big Show, Mark Henry, Great Khali etc, are all jokes.
    I suspect the crucial answer is this bit of the post. If you've already done it this many times it really isn't going to matter to most people. If you're still watching, you're either OK with it or will just watch regardless of how shit you think it is, in which case your opinion doesn't count for very much.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I have nothing against Rey, it's just that I never saw him as a threat to anyone. I have been a wrestling fan for over 30 years and I understand how to suspend disbelief in order to enjoy wrestling. BUT, with that said, Rey, to me, is the least credible opponent for a "Heavyweight Title". The matches he had with Kevin Nash, the Big Show, Mark Henry, Great Khali etc, are all jokes. How can a guy like Rey really beat any of those guys? I know speed and resilience, but once they catch him, it should be all over. I get that Rey has been SUPER over since his days in ECW, WCW, and WWE, but that does not mean he should be champion.

All 3 of his title runs were weird. The first two WHC were to support the death of Eddie Guerrero. They put the belt on him to help heal the fans when Eddie died. Then the WWE title run was a complete transitional way to put the "vacated title" onto Cena in the CM Punk story line.

Rey is amazing, and is a sure fire Hall of Famer, but he should never be near the top of the pyramid.

ALSO, when it comes to Bryan vs Rey, the size difference is NOT that great. So I can see them putting on great matches, but Rey should lose.maybe pick up a non-title win, or a tag match win against Bryan, but never win the title.
    Dude, it's putting a popular babyface there for the heel to beat and get heat on the heel. This is storytelling, this is getting the fans to hate Bryan, and no one wants to see Rey with the belt, even me. I think you are getting this twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    I'm not sure there was any argument for Rey to actually win the title there. It's more a case of him certainly being an option as an opponent for Bryan to fill in the time at a TLC/Rumble/Elimination Chamber before Mania. Although to be honest I'd have Bryan holding this title for a while longer than that, if the plan in WWE is truly to use smug ass, stupid ass Shane McMahon as a heel to turn Miz face and then run face Miz vs heel Bryan at some point in the future then I can see them doing that at Mania.
    Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    Oh god... Face Miz is a terrible idea.
    Face Miz, I don't want to live in that world.

The promo by Bryan on SD was awesome. What was so great about it in my opinion is he took the formula and he put his twist on it, basically saying the old Bryan gave up, but the more determined, psycho Bryan fought his way back. Its honestly not American Dragon. its something entirely different.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    The promo by Bryan on SD was awesome. What was so great about it in my opinion is he took the formula and he put his twist on it, basically saying the old Bryan gave up, but the more determined, psycho Bryan fought his way back.
    This. Great content, and great delivery by Bryan. That's what a believable great A-grade main event promo looks like. The Raw writing team needs to take notes. I still laugh at people who say Bryan is only a great wrestler and not a great promo. He's a greater babyface and heel promo than 90% of the roster.

Honestly, that promo kept me engaged and kept my attention for the entirety of it. That's something that almost never happens as of late.

I hear he was booked against Mustafa Ali, how did that go?

Good match, but it ended via Bryan being a heel.

And that's a problem? He's a heel who didn't cheat to win. It was a good match. Mustafa Ali should be on the main roster more.

Didn't say its a problem, just stating. It was a really good showing for Ali, but he will go nowhere on the main roster. He is smaller than Bryan, yet more defined.

Ali could get a midcard title run, but if that is his ceiling, then why bring him to the main roster for a one off match?

He's a better performer than Balor for example. Bigger and better promo. That's why I say he'd work on the main roster.

Plus, and this might be controversial, but he goes against a harmful sterotype and that could be exploited the right way with more exposure.
    Last edited by LK3185; 12-12-2018 at 01:00 PM.

That is not a bad thing. he was cheered last night and is over with the crowd. If the plan is to use him in the complete opposite way of Muhammed Hassan and Jinder Mahal, then I'm all for it. I just hope that the WWE does not try to make a big deal out of his heritage. Just let him be. If/when he becomes a main roster champion, do a chronicle on him shedding light onto his heritage. Do not use it as a tool or a crutch.

Ali also has a style (in much the same way as Daniel Bryan interestingly enough) that would be believable against larger opponents. Maybe not like, Brock or Drew, but it's not like he tosses guys around a lot, he uses kicks and throwing his own body around. I could pretty easily see him mixing it up with Almas, 2/3 of the New Day, The Usos, Miz, maybe even a motivated Randy Orton or Cesaro would sell for him (they're both tall but don't look like they carry around the mass of a Strowman, Drew or Brock).

That is not a bad thing. he was cheered last night and is over with the crowd. If the plan is to use him in the complete opposite way of Muhammed Hassan and Jinder Mahal, then I'm all for it. I just hope that the WWE does not try to make a big deal out of his heritage. Just let him be. If/when he becomes a main roster champion, do a chronicle on him shedding light onto his heritage. Do not use it as a tool or a crutch.
    I wasn't saying it was a bad thing, Powder. Ali was a former Chicago cop as well as a muslim. The fact WWE doesn't shed a light on it is part why the company struggles to connect with people.

Getting back to Bryan, i'm all for him having a random matches on SD while building other feuds. It showcases the other talent while letting Bryan do what he does best without overexposing a feud.
    Last edited by LK3185; 12-12-2018 at 01:21 PM.

I agree to the one off matches b/c as Heyman has said, Bryan is the best or one of the best in ring performers that the WWE has ever seen. And Bryan can make almost anyone look like a million bucks.

But who is the WM feud for Bryan this year? The Styles feud will end by the Rumble the latest, and then what face steps up to face Bryan at Mania? The Miz? Last night they set up a sympathy angle to potentially turn Miz face.

If not Miz, then who? Who is a big enough face on the Smackdown roster to warrant a main event match at Mania. Bryan vs Styles would have been perfect for Mania, but they are doing that now, so who?

What about...now hear me out. Kevin Owens? He is over as anyone, and he hasn't been a face at all during his WWE run, AND he is supposedly will be cleared to return by February. That could work. Almost always where an injured wrestler makes his return it is usually to a huge face pop. Owens can step up to Bryan and we can get an amazing match from them at Mania. That match is a main event, but it clearly will not be THE main event. That spot will be either Lesnar or Rousey.

Watch Bryan defend against Hardy to open the show.

Honestly though, it's wide open at this point. I'd be down for a face Owens challenging him for the title but there's a number of different scenarios that could play out over the next 3-4 months. Do they turn Miz face? Or go fully overboard with the Shane stuff by having him take on Bryan? I get the sense that Orton's current heel push will lead to a singles match against Styles at Mania which ties them up. Regardless, I wouldn't be that surprised if D-Bry defends the belt in a triple threat or fatal four way.

I agree to the one off matches b/c as Heyman has said, Bryan is the best or one of the best in ring performers that the WWE has ever seen. And Bryan can make almost anyone look like a million bucks.

But who is the WM feud for Bryan this year? The Styles feud will end by the Rumble the latest, and then what face steps up to face Bryan at Mania? The Miz? Last night they set up a sympathy angle to potentially turn Miz face.

If not Miz, then who? Who is a big enough face on the Smackdown roster to warrant a main event match at Mania. Bryan vs Styles would have been perfect for Mania, but they are doing that now, so who?

What about...now hear me out. Kevin Owens? He is over as anyone, and he hasn't been a face at all during his WWE run, AND he is supposedly will be cleared to return by February. That could work. Almost always where an injured wrestler makes his return it is usually to a huge face pop. Owens can step up to Bryan and we can get an amazing match from them at Mania. That match is a main event, but it clearly will not be THE main event. That spot will be either Lesnar or Rousey.
    So, how do we get Owens to smackdown for the build up? I'm assuming you'd have him win the royal rumble?

Just have him return on Smackdown. When he returns, all he has to say in his promo is: What I was out, I asked to be moved back to Smackdown...

Jeff Hardy or Rey Mysterio would seem like the two most likely candidates, to me. The Miz is the best storyline to go with, as an alternative.

Quite selfishly, I want to see Bryan vs EC3 at some point right now. There's definitely a story to be told there. Or I want to see EC3 as Bryan's Diesel. Either way, those two were so good on NXT way back that I just want them to interact again.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Or I want to see EC3 as Bryan's Diesel.
    Do you mean as the bodyguard Diesel to his Shawn Michaels, or the monster Diesel to his Bret Hart, throwing him around the ring at will?

Or are you into it, either way?

I just want to see Bryan face some new competition.

Also who is Bryan's WM opponent? I hope it is Bryan vs Joe - my top match to now see. hasn't happened in over 10+ years

Other matches I want to see Bryan in:

Bryan vs Cesaro - tied for second
    Bryan vs Kevin Owens - tied for second
    Bryan vs EC3
    Bryan vs Rey
    Bryan vs Big E
    Bryan vs Rusev
    Bryan vs Strowman
    Bryan vs Lars Sullivan
    Bryan vs Rollins
    Last edited by Powder; 12-18-2018 at 12:56 PM.

So Bryan had a really good promo, I hear?

Wowsers. It was quite terrifying to be fair. Walking about the concession area, shouting in people's faces that they're impotent? That's the most crazed I've seen a wrestler in a while.