Matt Hardy's Woken Thread

So we are now well into the Woken Universe and all the craziness that comes with it.

How are we feeling about it? There is no shortage of great tag teams on Raw him and Wyatt to feud with. I didn't mind the Ultimate Deletion and a tag version would certainly be something I'd be up for. Who should be the first team to take them on there?

If I had to pick the eventual team to beat them it would be AOP going into the Hardy Compound and just tearing the place up, potentially causing a "Siesmic Shift in the Woken Universe," tell me you can't hear Hardy saying that.

The Brain
    Pete's most hated thing in modern wrestling!

I was a big fan of Matt's run in TNA. I admit I haven't checked out much of the WWE stuff as it seemed to lose a lot of steam in the interim, but I dig Matt's creativity, and the fact that he managed to get paychecks for basically his whole extended family out of this whole weird deal.

I don't know about that, there's enough hate to go around!

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

They don't go all the way with the gimmick in WWE so if you liked it in TNA.. its not the same.. If you hated it, likely a minor annoyance in WWE... its more a problem that we have to see Matt and Bray wrestle. I think they're reasonably over but i don't look forward to their matches at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    its more a problem that we have to see Matt and Bray wrestle.

I think you underestimate just how strongly I feel about it. I'd rather watch El Gigante wrestle on a loop than engage with the woken/broken world.

That said - it's a funny situation because it's easily skipped. And because I'm not that into WWE I don't mind skipping stuff. But having to skip also means I'm never going to be that into a product. I'm not really someone who can be fully invested and dip in and out, which seems to be becoming more of the norm in wrestling today.

At the risk of sounding positively ancient, in the old days there was a three ring circus thing going on so if you didn't like the champion, you had the tag teams, and if you didn't like the tags you had the brawlers, and if you didn't like the brawlers there was always a high flyer, and so on. But there was always a kind of baseline by which if you didn't like something, it wasn't completely offputting. Now it seems like everything is dialled up to 11 in a desperate search for attention and it's nearly impossible to sit through things you don't like.

Just another sports-entertainment/wrestling thing, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time
    I think you underestimate just how strongly I feel about it. I'd rather watch El Gigante wrestle on a loop than engage with the woken/broken world.

That said - it's a funny situation because it's easily skipped. And because I'm not that into WWE I don't mind skipping stuff. But having to skip also means I'm never going to be that into a product. I'm not really someone who can be fully invested and dip in and out, which seems to be becoming more of the norm in wrestling today.

At the risk of sounding positively ancient, in the old days there was a three ring circus thing going on so if you didn't like the champion, you had the tag teams, and if you didn't like the tags you had the brawlers, and if you didn't like the brawlers there was always a high flyer, and so on. But there was always a kind of baseline by which if you didn't like something, it wasn't completely offputting. Now it seems like everything is dialled up to 11 in a desperate search for attention and it's nearly impossible to sit through things you don't like.

Just another sports-entertainment/wrestling thing, I guess.
    Damn! El Gigante tho?

Twitter: @libsuperstar

The Brain
    I mean, there's arguably some overlap...

Oh yeah, that's stuff horseshit, haha. Not looking to coming to that in my rewatch. I might just close my eyes and think of Tully.

Anyway.... Jeff doesn't have a thread so this seems a decent place to put it. Just heard he pleaded guilty to driving under the influence. Not great, especially with his history.

The Brain
    Really sucks. I'm not the #1 Jeff Hardy fan but I was glad when he got clean (or seemed to, at least) after the Victory Road fiasco, and I think he quietly put on some of his better work between then and now. Hope he doesn't go careening back down a destructive road.

I'm not saying it doesn't matter but he's still working and you would think if WWE thought there was a problem, they would have sent him to rehab. Or refused to let him work..

The Brain
    The trouble with that is there clearly is some kind of problem, because he just plead guilty to driving under the influence.

Well yeah, i'm just saying if WWE thought it was a major problem, they would have stepped in.. its not like they don't know Jeff's history. They've let him go before.

It was a plea deal that they knew was coming. I doubt anything happens. If something was to happen it likely would have been when he got it a couple months back.