Matt Hardy's Woken Thread

So we are now well into the Woken Universe and all the craziness that comes with it.

How are we feeling about it? There is no shortage of great tag teams on Raw him and Wyatt to feud with. I didn't mind the Ultimate Deletion and a tag version would certainly be something I'd be up for. Who should be the first team to take them on there?

If I had to pick the eventual team to beat them it would be AOP going into the Hardy Compound and just tearing the place up, potentially causing a "Siesmic Shift in the Woken Universe," tell me you can't hear Hardy saying that.

The Brain
    Pete's most hated thing in modern wrestling!

I was a big fan of Matt's run in TNA. I admit I haven't checked out much of the WWE stuff as it seemed to lose a lot of steam in the interim, but I dig Matt's creativity, and the fact that he managed to get paychecks for basically his whole extended family out of this whole weird deal.

I don't know about that, there's enough hate to go around!

They don't go all the way with the gimmick in WWE so if you liked it in TNA.. its not the same.. If you hated it, likely a minor annoyance in WWE... its more a problem that we have to see Matt and Bray wrestle. I think they're reasonably over but i don't look forward to their matches at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    its more a problem that we have to see Matt and Bray wrestle.

I think you underestimate just how strongly I feel about it. I'd rather watch El Gigante wrestle on a loop than engage with the woken/broken world.

That said - it's a funny situation because it's easily skipped. And because I'm not that into WWE I don't mind skipping stuff. But having to skip also means I'm never going to be that into a product. I'm not really someone who can be fully invested and dip in and out, which seems to be becoming more of the norm in wrestling today.

At the risk of sounding positively ancient, in the old days there was a three ring circus thing going on so if you didn't like the champion, you had the tag teams, and if you didn't like the tags you had the brawlers, and if you didn't like the brawlers there was always a high flyer, and so on. But there was always a kind of baseline by which if you didn't like something, it wasn't completely offputting. Now it seems like everything is dialled up to 11 in a desperate search for attention and it's nearly impossible to sit through things you don't like.

Just another sports-entertainment/wrestling thing, I guess.