Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rusev

More importantly, Rusev vs Styles should be excellent, and I think will outshine Styles vs Nakamura.

The Brain
    I actually agree with that. Rusev has something to prove, whereas Nak is clearly ready to coast regardless of circumstance.

While Nak has definitely coasted most of his WWE run, I do think he put in a good showing during the AJ feud, they were repeatedly hamstrung by questionable booking decisions about their match finishes.

I've come along to accept the widespread theory that his body is just broken down after years of NJPW, and he just cannot go like he used to, which is partly why he bailed out of NJPW before he could be exposed as such.

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    My only fear about Rusev and Styles is on the character front. It's awesome they've given Rusev this opportunity, one he earned, but Rusev Day is closer to a catchphrase than a properly three dimensional character. And Styles, ever since turning after the Shane feud, has struggled to become as compelling as he was during his first title. I've no doubt they're going to deliver in the ring for sure, but I hope that we get plenty of character development to ensure the feud itself doesn't feel lukewarm - that it gets fans emoting, not just reacting.

How did the match go, and how positive are people feeling about the future on the back of the result?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I'm not feeling as positive, but man I was really ready to see Rusev win. I hope they give him the belt at Summer Slam. I'm ready for everyday to be WWE Champion Rusev Day.

The Brain
    I am really glad he got the chance, anyway. It'll be interesting to see if he drops right back down the card or they have something more sustained for him.

Not really sure he is the right guy for him to go up against but Almas is in desperate need of a feud.

The Brain
    It'd be a bit of a bummer because Almas would have to win, serving Rusev a loss right after he got his feet back under him, but it could work.

But outside of Rusev who else does Almas have? Surely they don’t put him against Jeff now he’s lost the title.

I honestly feel the way they are positioning this, Rusev will be chasing Nakamura after going full face... without English (which is dumb) can't see them doing AJ/Rusev at Summerslam... Jeff Hardy has Orton to wrestle.... I don't think they have plans for Almas right now tbh.

Almas is NOT the guy to feud with Rusev. Almas needs a feud, but against a face, not a cool heel who gets cheered like a face. That'd kill Almas.

How's Rusev getting on. He was flying the last I saw, then I stopped watching and didn't hear his name for ages, but it seems like it's picked back up a bit?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

His team with English was fun. Their breakup will probably result in the end of the road for English and a lesser role for Rusev.

So basically, Rusev is still doomed

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    Seems like the Rusev / English feud has some life left in it. I really hope that it doesn't end in Lana betraying Rusev. The last time those two were apart, things went downhill rather fast for Rusev, and I don't want that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate View Post
    Seems like the Rusev / English feud has some life left in it. I really hope that it doesn't end in Lana betraying Rusev. The last time those two were apart, things went downhill rather fast for Rusev, and I don't want that again.
    I mean judging by how the WWE was salty at Lana and Rusev getting married (god forbid), it wouldn't surprise me as to how it will be booked.

There was something I read recently about comments The Rock made in a promo on Lana about a Milwaukee hotel room (or something similar) - seems unlikely that WWE would even bring them up, let alone use The Rock in a relatively minor feud like this, but it seemed interesting.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    So... was that the end to the whole "One Night In Milwaukee" thing? If it is, that felt rather rushed and anticlimactic. Although something tells me that this feud isn't over and something is still brewing here, because that was just weak to shoot a short angle with nothing in return.