Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rusev

Rusev was popular prior to this, and I see that the crowd is reacting to anyone being on the screen rather than Lana. I turn the entire crap off when they come on.

"the crowd is reacting to anyone being on the screen rather than Lana"
    Then, that's not Xpac heat. That's actual heat. A huge job for the heel is to get the face over. Rusev is very much over right now, and Lana is a huge part of it.

I do not see it. Every time Lana is on screen with a live mic makes me think that if No Way Jose (a current jobber) came out to interrupt Lana, he would be cheered, just because of how bad Lana is and anyone else is there. Yes, Rusev is getting further over as a result, but I believe that it has more to to with the crowd just wants Lana to go away vs good heel heat.
    Last edited by Powder; 1 Week Ago at 10:18 AM.

When X Pac had his X Pac heat, the faces wouldn't get cheered. The crowd would be deflated and less interested. With Lana, the crowd is invested, and react to what she is doing and saying. And Rusev is way more popular now than before.

You're very much incorrect.

From what I've seen, Rusev is coming out of this really well. It might be the hottest he's been since the start of Rusev Day, to be honest with you.

I'm not sure what to expect from their match next week on Raw, but I'm hoping for something that reflects the nature of the feud, some kind of heavy hitting brawl rather than a 'technical' wrestling style match.

People assume that there opinions always travel and I can bang that drum all day long if I want to - but one of the things I've come to accept is that there is a good portion of the RAW/Smackdown audience who are into pretty much anyone/anything that WWE do that is strongly featured, regardless of whether I like it, or even that kind of thing, or not. I imagine this wedding angle is no different. I'd probably think it's dumb, from what I've heard. But... the people who still watch WWE, I can see a good portion of them just going with it. It wouldn't be the first time I'd seen things I hated go over well with that crowd.

So yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if being in a major angle like this had been good for Rusev, whatever my opinion of the quality of the angle.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I think the angle itself is absolutely stupid, but I don't think it's possible to argue that the result is Rusev getting more over as a face, and Lana/Lashley being established as heels. It's working, even if it is hitting every single wrestling relationship falling apart storyline trope and is objectively a daft angle.

Yeah, I think there's enough people who like whatever that he's more over as a face almost just by virtue of being seen more.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Imagine if Rusev is the one to face and dethrone Lesnar at Mania? Hmmmm.....