Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Well if rumors are true, Suicide Squad 2 finally introduces The Rock as Black Adam (perfect casting BTW, if he finally gets to play the cocky arrogant heel that he was), and then his stand alone movie is in the works.

Also Flash is still in development hell, from my understanding.

The Batman may or may not be being made depending on who you ask.

JL2 ?????

The Rock as Black Adam would be the rebirth of the Rock. Hollywood needs to see heel Rock. I need Heel Rock!!

This is one of my favorite pics of Black Adam...and as you can see, the Rock is the perfect choice...Also, I completely agree. Hollywood needs heel Rock. Enough of the Superhero Cop, EMT, Dad, IT guyetc, or family friendly guy. Let the guy play the bad guy and Black Adam is just that.

Blackadam52.jpg

Has any seen the trailer for Brightburn? It is James Gunn's vision of a Superman origin story but where the alien is evil. I read up on some of it after I watched the trailers and it is intentionally very similar to Superman's origin from Man of Steel but then takes a hard left to give the new take on the Superpowered alien.

Looks good.

If itís what Iím thinking of, I saw that trailer and immediately thought ďevil SupesĒ in the first 10 seconds. Thatís not affiliated with DC, though, is it?

In other news, it seems that Robert Pattinson and Nicholas Hault are in a toss up as the next Bruce Wayne. If I had to choose, I guess Iíd take Pattinson, but Iíd really rather neither of them.

No Brightburn is not affiliated with DC, but they clearly had permission to make the movie because of the intentional similarity to Superman.

Also it is not narrowed down, apparently the part went to the sparkling vampire. No one is happy. Worse backlash than the Batfleck backlash.

Donít know what source youíre reading, but Pattinson isnít confirmed 100% just yet. From what Iíve gathered, heís the #1 as of now, but Nick Hoult is still being considered along with a few others, granted a bit further down the totem pole.

It may not be 100% confirmed, but the backlash is here and people are mad. I'm also confused, I thought Batman was older in the DCEU, why are they casting a younger Batman? Is Batman now just going to be younger and no one will talk about it? I'm so confused. The DCEU is basically WCW in it's dying days, or AAA Lucha Libre throughout most the mid-2010's, or TNA basically their whole history, or WWE now.

No one is exactly sure what is going on with the Stand Alone Batman movie. No one knows if it is cannon or not. My guess is that it cannot be cannon since the DCEU is not set with a 45+ year old Batman.

Just throw money at Bradley Cooper and have him take over for Affleck.

Cooper is already enjoying Marvelís money for nothing more than voice work, so that ainít happening anytime soon.

Fine then...

What about:

Karl Urban
    Luke Evans
    A bulked up Wes Bentley
    Ben Barnes - Billy Russo from Punisher

All better suggestions than Pattinson or even Nick Hoult.

Plot twist - Terry McGinnis portrayed by Nick Hoult.

I've tried taking up column writing, check it out here!

Words from a Gooner #2: 7 Treatments for Wrestlemania Fever

Ooohhhh... I like the idea of Wes Bentley.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
    Plot twist - Terry McGinnis portrayed by Nick Hoult.
    Well, that would be something. But if they were to do a Batman Beyond movie, which would have to be stand alone, I would really want Will Friedle to play the older Batman/Bruce Wayne as a nod to him Voicing and being part of Terry McGinnis' creation.

Quote Originally Posted by meandi View Post
    Ooohhhh... I like the idea of Wes Bentley.
    So do a lot of others.

Looks like it's Pattinson. Not the best choice. Not the worst.

Not the worst?

Now Batman the DARK KNIGHT, will fucking sparkle.

Heath Ledger was in Ten Things I Hate About You and A Knightís Tale, and we saw how well that worked out, though. Iíll reserve judgment until the first trailers come out.

Also, heís apparently set to star in a Christopher Nolan movie. Pretty sure Nolan wouldnít allow that if he didnít see something in Pattinson.
    Last edited by meandi; 06-01-2019 at 01:21 PM.

The Brain
    If you don't think Pattinson has range, check out Good Time from 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by meandi View Post
    Heath Ledger was in Ten Things I Hate About You and A Knight’s Tale, and we saw how well that worked out, though. I’ll reserve judgment until the first trailers come out.

Also, he’s apparently set to star in a Christopher Nolan movie. Pretty sure Nolan wouldn’t allow that if he didn’t see something in Pattinson.
    10 Things while a teen movie was a retelling of Taming of the Shrew, and A Kinght's Tale was fun, yet not great. Different from being cast as a joke of a sparkling vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    10 Things while a teen movie was a retelling of Taming of the Shrew, and A Kinght's Tale was fun, yet not great. Different from being cast as a joke of a sparkling vampire.
    A little unfair I feel. He's actually a decent actor, and as I said, certainly not the worst casting.

Yeah... thatís not what I was getting at whatsoever. Itís the fact that Ledger had been dubbed a ďpretty boy/teeny bopper/whateverĒ and people were up in arms about how he was going to ruin Nicholsonís legacy without so much as a set photo or leaked footage or anything. When an actor is given substance and a halfway decent director, youíd be amazed at how they can shed preconceived notions of their abilities. Shit... look what happened with Matt McConaughey after he got away from making rom-coms.

People did not freak out over Ledger's casting. They all said, "How is he (insert name here, but in this case it was Ledger) ever going to live up to Nicholson?" Ledger had street cred. He was respected as an actor from The Brother's Grimm and critical acclaim for Brokeback Mountain so when he got the part as the Joker, we were all excited for his take, but nervous about the comparison.

With Pattinson, people, admittedly including me, cannot look past the Twilight stuff. He was up and coming as Cedric Diggory in Potterverse, but then became Sparkly Edward and lost credibility. Same with Kristen Stewart. She has no cred in the US ,but apparently she has won the French equivalent of an Oscar for Clouds of Sils Maria. But she will never get past being Bella in Twilight, no matter what she does here.

Pattinson can cure cancer, but he will always be a Sparkling Vampire.

People did not freak out over Ledger's casting. They all said, "How is he (insert name here, but in this case it was Ledger) ever going to live up to Nicholson?" Ledger had street cred. He was respected as an actor from The Brother's Grimm and critical acclaim for Brokeback Mountain so when he got the part as the Joker, we were all excited for his take, but nervous about the comparison.
    You could not be any more wrong with that statement.

I do not count internet trolls that complain about everything on Reddit and such.

I was very nervous about Affleck, but he proved me wrong. He was good, not great, but good, and gave us the best batman scene of all time, the Warehouse scene in BvS.

I hated Leto's casting, and was backed up by his performance, but now the internet trolls say that he is the best Joker of all time. Please.

But with Pattinson's casting, the press tours will always mention his role as Edward. That is a problem. it is equivalent to Daniel Radcliff. Radcliff has done some really great work since Potter, but he still always seen as Harry Potter. Ron Howard and Henry Winkler are always Richie Cunningham and the Fonz. Macaulay Culkin is always Kevin Bannister. some people will always be associated with the first or major role. Hell even Adam West was always Batman no matter what he did later on in life.

So casting Pattinson not only is a terrible choice, it will turn off many fans because of his forever association with Twilight.

Jennifer Lawrence is an exception in that she moved past Katniss and Mystique.
    Last edited by Powder; 06-03-2019 at 11:12 AM.

I think Pattinson will be fine. He's a good actor judging from his work the past six years and he's got the jawline.

I'm happy for another Batman movie. And I hope Deathstroke will still be a part of it.

So here's what I think is the full slate of DC movies currently planned.

Joker (Oct 2019)
    Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn (Feb 2020)
    Wonder Woman 1984 (June 2020)
    DC Super Pets (May 2021)
    The Batman (June 2021)
    Suicide Squad (August 2021)
    Aquaman 2 (December 2022)

Then there's a handful of other things, including Flash and Green Lantern movies in development.

Lot of reboots in that lot it seems

Joker has to be considered an Elseworlds title or a separate entity. It is no where near included in the DCEU.

Regardless this is probably the best place for it. The title does say DC movies and TV and it falls under that category, and it's the same way we've judged the Marvel thread regardless of whether it's technically or not in the MCU.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I was not disagreeing that Joker Movie belongs in this thread, I was just commenting that the movie has to be considered separate from the DCEU for cannon and continuity purposes.

Has anyone else read the most recent Batman issue?

OMFG!

Very excited for this next month. Looking like another Oscar for someone playing the Joker.
    Last edited by comfortablynumb; 08-28-2019 at 03:21 PM.

Damn right. I guess there is talk of doing a DC Black series. Basically stand alone movies of DC characters.

I am not going back to quote all of my posts on the Joker movie from page 4.

But what I will say is that, as with all/most movies I have not watched any trailer for Joker since the first one, and I am really, really skeptical about this movie. I will probably like it as a movie, but I will be extremely disappointed on the take on the Joker. I probably will walk out of the the theater annoyed to the gills because of how they butchered the character and humanized him.

You should probably watch a couple more trailers before seeing the movie. If youíre already skeptical, why wouldnít you watch a few more trailers to either convince you 1) itís worth seeing or, 2) you should probably just save your time and money and skip it? I think it looks great, and apparently critics are agreeing for the most part. (I have heard a few negative reviews, but from what I gather, those people wouldnít give a good review to anything unless it was black and white and eight hours long and in nothing but sub-titles. Pretentious douches...)

The reason I do not watch trailers is so that when I go to a movie, I literally know nothing. I even change the channel on TV when the commercials air. I really hate trailers.

I will see the movie, but I will have to accept that this is a Joker inspired movie, not a DC Cannon Joker movie. I keep hearing that the reviews are coming back positive, with the exception of the people you 100% perfectly described. Those people are also the ones who will shun movies like Endgame for Best Picture and nominate movies like Roma all the time. Movies that are fun and epic and entertaining are better than many of these artsy lets go for the Oscar all day every day.

But because I think that the Joker is the single greatest comic book character ever created, I will end up being disappointed in the movie.
    Last edited by Powder; 09-06-2019 at 10:08 AM.

If you donít watch trailers, how do you know you even want to see the movie then? (Not being argumentative- this is a legit question.) Do you just see who stars and/or directed and decide to go in blind based on that? That seems rather ridiculous to me. To give an example- I love Chris Nolan movies. Dunkirk has several actors that I really like. Had I gone in without watching any trailers, though, I wouldnít have known that itís set during WW2, which is the only war period I canít stand due to it boring me to death. (Same logic applies to Saving Private Ryan, also. Oddly enough, though, I did enjoy Hacksaw Ridge. Thereís always an anomaly, I suppose...)

I pay attention to movies sites that tell you what movies are coming, what movies actors are starring in, and teaser trailers which give about that 30 second snipet.

For instance, I know that Godzilla vs Kong is coming out next year, and I will go see that movie without any prior knowledge of it. Same for (mostly) any comic book movie. And IT Part 2 comes out today and I don't know any thing about it, but I will see it.

When I go to the movies I watch those trailer because I have to but other than that...nothing.

This all stemmed from when the remake of When a Stranger Calls came out in 2006. The trailer gave away the ending, of the call was coming from inside the house. The trailer literally gave away one of the best plot twists. I knew the twist because I saw the original from 1979, but to anyone else, they spoiled the movie. Since then I do everything within my power to avoid trailer for movies that I want to see.
    Last edited by Powder; 09-06-2019 at 10:52 AM.

I think for now DC might be ditching "cannon" and going with one offs. The DCEU was botched so badly that Warner Bros. is going to basically slowly move away from that and move in a new direction. What's funny is you not wanting to humanize the Joker sounds like this person who also doesn't want to humanize the Joker, but for very different reasons.

So many things I want to say about that post, but this isnít a political/social/whatever thread, so... yeah.

Wow....my work filters prevent much of what can be seen, so I just read that pic/post LWO...wow and completely correct.

That is another reason to why we should not be getting a Joker movie that we are getting. As I have previously said, have the movie be from the Joker's perspective, but still be a complete piece of shit, where his purpose os to go to Gotham and "play" with the Batman.