Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    So Henry Cavill is out as Superman. You can recast a War Machine mid-Universe, you can recast a Hulk at the beginning and just ignore the first movie ever existed, but you can't just recast Superman and expect people to buy it. You have to scrap the whole thing and start over, in my opinion. What say you?

His manager, Dany Garcia (the Rock's ex wife) is implying that Cavill is not out as Superman

hum... then they need to release something quick... LOL

If Cavill is out, and Affleck remains unstable, itís probably best to scrap everything for a few years and just focus on the CW stuff and their new network. During this time, they can make a coherent plan on where they want to go and they plan on getting there. Sucks for people like Gal Gadot, but whatever.

I'm a little surprised this Cavill situation still hasn't been resolved, one way or the other. Though if he was staying you'd think it would have been squashed by now, right?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    They're in such a problematic place. They can't ignore or scrap the success they have on their hands with Wonder Woman, or the money that's been spent on Aquaman - early reactions to which indicate it to be a Marvel Phase I style situation, which would mean another (reasonable) success. But because they panicked so much in the wake of BvS - which, it's worth remembering, was still a decent financial success for them and is a film that has its fans, myself included - they got themselves knee deep in crap by constantly chopping and changing and forgetting what vision they had in the beginning. It happened with Suicide Squad and Justice League both and now, here we are.

To me, the best option remains getting a Flashpoint on the ground and use it as a soft reboot. Keep the existing continuity, keep the more successful franchises but have an in-universe reason to recast the key roles of Batman and Superman (if the latter is necessary) as well as giving you free space to be able relay the ground work for the over-arching story (if there even is one of those anymore).

Having said all that, I think there's probably a market right now for standalone films, self-contained stories like Nolan did. I dare say most people are getting bit exhausted with all these shared universes that never, ever seem to work. I know I am.

Did anyone catch Titans? It was really good. No spoilers, but it introduced Robin, Raven, Starfire and Beastboy in really good ways.

Is there a way to watch it without the new DC streaming service?

Yes, you have to download it from a torrent site. My friend get a ton of stuff including this. I am not sure which site, and whenever I ask, he differs to keep traffic down i think, but I can ask again.

EDIT:

Movies and TV from Lime Torrents

Comics from World Wide Torrents

He gets everything, and great copies of movies and shows, and comics every Wednesday or Thursday.
    Last edited by Powder; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:25 AM.

Yeah, Iím gonna pass on that. Gave up on torrent sites, like, 10 years ago.

It's really good. I enjoyed it as well. I watch stuff on an app called Showbox.

Arrow kicked off season 7 last night in outstanding fashion. I wonít give any spoilers just yet, but Iím quite intrigued with the new concept they introduced.

Yes. It was finally a good season opener. Hopefully the show reverts back to old form and stays good.

You mustíve missed seasons 5 & 6 if youíre still wanting it to ďrevert back to old formĒ. Iíll give you seasons 3 & 4 being kind of blah for the most part, but 5 was on par with 2, and 6 was great since I finally got the ending I wanted... the big bad escaping.

Arrow has been lacking, and a lot of filler as well. Diaz getting away was good, but there was still not a lot of stuff. Network shows need to cut back from 23-26 episodes, or have 2 seasons in 1, where they have 2 13 episode story arcs.

I wonít argue against cutting it back. Thatís one thing Netflix has done well... 10-13 episode seasons. (And not just the Marvel stuff, but all of their original content). Even still... itís good to have some filler to space out the big moments throughout the season. I think season 1 of Arrow did that quite well actually.

Season 1 of Arrow was one of the best season of a show ever. Homeland Season 1 was also a perfect season.

BUT we all know that (no spoiler) Oliver will get out of prison, but the question is how and when? Not an if. But it is obvious that everyone hit the gym for this season. Stephen Amell, and Rick Gonzales (Rene/Wild Dog) both look like they put on size and muscle.

Makes sense from a storyline perspective. For Oliver, at least. Heís been in prison for five months trying to lay low. He pretty much has nothing else to do but to workout since heís not interested in any socializing. And he was already pretty jacked to begin with.

Torrents are a thing of the past. All about the streaming sites now.

I like the teaser poster for this year's TV crossover event.

Last year's Crisis on Earth X was arguably better than Justice League.

A buddy texted me that pic earlier today. Iím curious how that plays into the introduction of Bat Woman.

I was under the impression that crossover was supposed to take place on Supergirl's Earth as that is where Batwoman is also supposed to be from.

I also heard that it will be another "Elseworlds" type of crossover, and that could be how the poster makes sense. Barry Allen - The Green Arrow and Oliver Queen - The Flash are both from another Earth and they meet up with our heroes on Supergirl's Earth? Maybe??? Finally, I heard that Superman will play a major role in this year's crossover.

I really hope I donít have to catch up on Supergirl to understand whatís going on. I quit that show after season 1.

Season 2 and 3 of Supergirl were and are much better. I stopped watching season 1, but I picked it up again during Season 2 and I have watched ever since. it is no worse than Legends of Tomorrow. In fact, it is much better than LOT, but now with Constantine being a cast member, that increases the show's value.

But you should probably catch up on Supergirl.

Speaking of Legends, I only made it through the first episode of season 1 (minus crossovers, of course.) Fan I just skip to when Constantine shows up? Like... if I were to read a synopsis of all the episodes, would that be good enough?

The show is ahrd to watch at times because it intentionally doesn't take itself seriously, and there is a TON of filler episodes. but as with every show, there is a continuity, so I would watch them all to understand the history and references.

I love Legends but like you said it does not take itself too seriously. It’s a lot of harmless fun though ( jumping through time and meeting famous figures) and I like how they cycle in and out new characters.

Yeah the new crossover is called Elseworlds and Superman will be back. No legends this time so it’s only over three shows compared to last year’s four. I don’t think you need to watch Supergirl to know what’s going on in the crossover. I don’t plan on starting.

I remember a couple seasons back (Invasion), all you had to understand was that Flash somehow ran through a wormhole/portal/whatever and wound up on Supergirlís earth for an episode, and thatís how he knew about her. Hopefully itís simple enough this time.

Also, with them finally pulling the trigger on allowing Superman on the show a while back (I guess I did watch a couple of episodes of Supergirl season 2 before quitting it) and now Batwoman (along with the nod to Bludhaven during various Arrow episodes), is there a chance Batman shows up at some point? Bruce Wayne has been name dropped on both Arrow and in an indirect way on Flash (when Barry went to Earth 2 in season... 2 maybe?)
    Last edited by meandi; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:56 PM.

If you really break down last year's crossover, it was really only 3 shows. The crossover started in the last 5 minutes of Supergirl. It was a normal episode of Supergirl, then the last 5 minutes that lead into Flash.

^ That was 2 years ago. Last season was Crisis On Earth X

And the Crisis started in the last 5 minutes of Supergirl.

Nope. It was a full episode of Supergirl. They moved Arrow to Monday night so they could specifically have four shows over two nights.

Right....

ďInvasion!" is the third annual Arrowverse crossover event, with episodes of the television series The Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow on The CW, and is inspired by the 1989 comic miniseries Invasion!. Events at the end of the Supergirl episode "Medusa" on November 28, 2016 marked the beginning of the crossover, which began on November 29 with The Flash, continued on Arrow on November 30, and concluded on Legends of Tomorrow on December 1. Each of the main three episodes were titled "Invasion!". In the crossover, Barry Allen recruits Kara Danvers / Supergirl from Earth-38 to Earth-1 to help his team, Oliver Queen and his team, and the Legends to defeat the alien race known as the Dominators.

"Crisis on Earth-X" is the fourth annual Arrowverse crossover event, featuring episodes of the live-action television series Supergirl, Arrow, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow on The CW. The crossover began on November 27, 2017, with Supergirl and Arrow, and concluded on November 28, with The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. In "Crisis on Earth-X", Barry Allen and Iris West's friends come to Central City for their wedding, only for the proceedings to be interrupted by interlopers from analogous universe of Earth-X where World War II was won by the Axis Powers.

Courtesy of Wikipedia

Yeah Supergirl was fully involved in the crossover last year. The Invasion one started at the end of Supergirl.

Episode recap from part 1 of Crisis on Earth X (Supergirl): https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbo...arth-x-part-1/
    Last edited by comfortablynumb; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:22 PM.

So the second episode of Titans wasn't nearly as good as the first. First off, they completely disregarded Starfire and Beast Boy, who weren't even in the episode. Instead we get an appearance from Hawk and Dove which I'm not sure based on the ending of the episode is really going to go anywhere. Also, this one really ramped up the violence and language. While we had one "fuck" in the first episode, this one had at least a dozen. On a streaming service that's going to relatively family-friendly it seems like an odd choice.

The show isn't bad by any stretch, just some weird pacing in the first two episodes to introduce characters and then completely forget them one episode later.

I heard that one of the stars of The Flash is having to take medical leave....

Well Cisco was not on Flash this week.

This was the first line of the story...

The Flash star Jesse L Martin, who plays Detective Joe West, has taken medical leave from the CW series.

Huh. Ok, does the article say what is wrong? Hope he is ok.

Back injury. No timeline on his return though.