Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ronda Rousey

It's not objectively false...In wrestling nothing is Objective. This kinda of attitude makes me want to leave the board lol. You got people who I respect (I like ya coach) But that think they know what a good wrestler is and they have to go around telling people who a good wrestler is as if their opinion matters more. You can think someone is a great wrestler and I can think they're bad.. Does Nattie fit my taste as a wrestler? No... but its also because I feel like she's regressed over the years and hasn't done anything in ring that I would consider a compelling, good match..... in i don't know, a long time. For example, everyone touts those Charlotte/Nattie matches? I think they are pretty bad save like one....

But since I can't possibly have this opinion that Nattie is a bad wrestler, I'll stop talking about her and not be a hypocrite when I would tell Powder off about Del Rio lol.

Anyway, Ronda is great.

Ronda's performance has been great. She's doing much better than I thought and I'm happy to be wrong about that.

I thought it would take more time for Ronda to get the subtle work someone has to do and also be willing to take bumps... She's not afraid of putting her body on the line. She could have came in and said i'm not doing much, just have me dominate.... but that's not what has happened.

She isn't afraid to go full speed which is refreshing. When Dana Brooke got called up it was so noticeable how she'd slow down to brace for blows, or not go full tilt sprint at someone. Just very cautious.

LOP Freebirds Buddy Roberts SirSam's Avatar
    Was just reading on the main page and former wwe guy MVP said that he doesn't like intergender wrestling and intimated that Rhonda Rousey being able to beat someone like him up was a bit of a joke.

I don't know if he has any actual martial arts training but he is utterly deluded if he thinks that. I would actually love to see that fight now having heard what he thinks. If she so chose Rousey could sit him down and choke him out with his own arm.

Nattie (and Balor) are both the same for me - good wrestlers who don't seem to have the character side of things down to a good enough degree to be great wrestlers.

But that's the thing for me - I'm much more into characters and characterisation than I actually am into wrestling quality. NXT Bayley, for example, I could recognise wasn't the best wrestler in the room but she had that character down to a tee and it invested me so, so much that I didn't care about her wrestling skills.

Nattie's had good matches, but she's never made me care.

The Brain
    Glad to hear MVP is still full of his own shit.

I think Ronda has actually been pretty good about injecting some character into her matches. Not sure about her promos, but there's something there at least. She sure doesn't wrestle like just anyone, and I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSam View Post
    Was just reading on the main page and former wwe guy MVP said that he doesn't like intergender wrestling and intimated that Rhonda Rousey being able to beat someone like him up was a bit of a joke.

I don't know if he has any actual martial arts training but he is utterly deluded if he thinks that. I would actually love to see that fight now having heard what he thinks. If she so chose Rousey could sit him down and choke him out with his own arm.
    He was talking in extremes to make his point, and I 1000% agree with his point on intergender wrestling. I love my girlfriend, and she's a tough chick, but as Joe Rogan says, I could fuck her up if I had the flu. It's just not believable.

When it comes to the idea of MVP winning in a fight between the two...I don't know he'd have a shot. MVP's a 250-lb dude who's done prison time, I'm sure he's been in a scrap or two in his life. Compare that to 135-lbs or so of Rousey who was never exactly known as a striker...in a judo match and he probably wouldn't have a hope in hell, you let him throw punches and kicks and I'm not so sure.

Also...

She might be a badass, but with the weight, strength and muscle mass difference, you just don't know. Testosterone is a hell of a drug.

LOP Freebirds Buddy Roberts SirSam's Avatar
    Dude the dude she is fighting in that video is Gegard Mousasi, he is the middle weight champion in the second biggest promotion in the world, of course he will mess her up. For a better example of what a professional fighter can do to an untrained striker have a look at Royce Gracie mess up people twice his size in the early days of the ufc. Testosterone is a hell of a drug but technique is even better.

if you had a mma style fight with Ronda Rousey and her background vs. an untrained dude, the untrained person would get worked 9 times out of 10 imo.

Men are stronger yes, but they would have to be able to hit her with a strike before she took them down and used her skills to make them tap...

Now is it good optics to a casual fan intergender wrestling? probably not, especially the way WWE treats it.. but then again, this is the same company that would book Rey to beat big show on a regular basis.