Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ronda Rousey

If you believe the main site, the rumors of Ronda being done are bogus.

Seems The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is blowing things out of proportion again.

I thought she signed a two year deal and would wrap up at next WrestleMania.

its Dave saying something like its 'likely Ronda is finishing up after Mania' Then others checking around and getting a better picture of the scenario because one, they're well liked compared to Dave and two, they didn't say she wouldn't be taking a break.

I'm also positive the three year deal has an out clause if Ronda wanted it.

Even if it didn't, what are they going to do if she requests her release? Would Stephanie really want the bad publicity of WWE holding one of the biggest female athletes on the planet hostage in her contract when she wants to leave to start a family?

There's nothing that says she has to "leave" to start a family either. Just let her go home and either freeze her contract or make her an "ambassador" or something.

Yeah, i honestly i don't think Ronda is going anywhere. MMA has passed her by and while she might have other possible things I think its more family related to why she would leave. If she had plans to have a child though, she would be out for a long time regardless if she wanted to come back or not.

WWE talking to TMZ people tells me that they want to protect their fox deal.

The latest reports are that Rousey is going to take time off to start a family, but when she is ready to come back, she might have a Lesnar Type of role. The special attraction type of superstar.

Ronda should probably have thought about this before she joined. I thought she didn't want to be another "Brock Lesner", but whatever.

She's not exactly 25. Having family is a now or never type thing. Its not about not wanting a Brock type schedule or not.. but I highly doubt she'll want to be on the road every week missing her baby. She's had meltdowns over missing her goats lol.

I call her Rhonda doesn't arouse me ; because she leaves me flaccid

That was a disastrous promo tonight. I felt bad because she was just lost out there with the crowd turned against her.

She was much better post match.
    Last edited by comfortablynumb; 01-28-2019 at 11:32 PM.

I hope that crowds continue to turn on her. let's see how she handles playing the heel.

I couldn't find anywhere else to say this but Sasha Banks is hot. Like, fucking hot.

I'm watching the royal rumble and shes fighting Rhonda.
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

She really is.

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    let's see how she handles playing the heel.
    Not that great as it turns out

The Brain
    I haven't been watching closely enough to judge the TV stuff, but this whole "shooty shoot" stuff they've been doing online is a big miss for me. I'll still check out the match and probably enjoy it a lot, just a really stupid thing to tack on to a perfectly good feud. I guess you could say that about a lot of things though.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong Sundae View Post
    Not that great as it turns out
    Yeah, all she is doing is breaking kayfabe and trying to tell us how great she is b/c she was a MMA Champ and a Medalist in the Olympics.

Lesnar has better overall credentials than Rousey and he could definitely still legit beat the hell out of anyone on the roster and he doesn't break kayfabe. Angle is an Olympic Gold medalist and in his prime he probably could have legit beat everyone on the roster (sans Lesnar, but it would have been fun to watch for real), but he never broke kayfabe.

I mean, in reality, would anyone really believe that Balor or Bryan or Styles, or now even Rollins would stand a chance against Brock Lesnar in a "real fight"? Hell no, but this is pro-wrestling and he Lesnar sells it and makes it look possible. Rousey is just making herself look bad, and from what I've seen, she has become a meme.

Some of the memes I've seen were like this, where its all about her breaking kayfabe:

D1O5u3mXQAI7e8g.jpg
    Last edited by Powder; 03-13-2019 at 07:44 AM.

There's a well known outlet out there running an article in the past week about how the WWE RAW women's division has fallen apart since Rousey went on (possibly permanent) hiatus.

If that's the cause that people within WWE assume as well, then you might find that like the Lesnar situation they throw a huge amount of money at her in order to get her to come back.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    I'm kinda bitter with how the company lost almost complete interest in the women's division ever since Rousey left. They used her status to do all sorts of historic things like the Evolution Pay-Per-View and the women's main event at Wrestlemania, but once she left they just don't give any of the women much stock anymore. Becky Lynch's popularity has died down considerably. The women's tag team championships are a joke not even six months in.

It's not Rousey's fault, obviously. She did bring attention to the company, and I do hope she comes back for another run since she still can do a few things (especially with the rest of the so-called Horsewomen).

The Brain
    Last I heard she was going to try to have a kid, yeah? I wouldn't be surprised if she does come back after that. WWE losing focus on something they were pushing is pretty par for the course, unfortunately.