It's a New Day thread, yes it is.

New Day had a fun match against The Bar last night.

Are we still hoping for a singles run for them or just given up on the idea by now?

I'm hoping for a Kofi/Woods tag run with a Big E singles run.

Even though the boat has probably sailed on a Kofi singles run, I could see any of them having a decent run singles. Big E is the most obvious guy with his size and personality however I think if handled right Xavier sure could do something, the guy is entertaining, creative and a very hard worker.

The problem is I feel like they have had a number of chances to launch something off singles wise but they keep going up to that line and then retreating from it and just going abck to the tag team division.

The Brain
    Definitely ready for someone to get a singles push, if only to freshen them up. I'd love if they did so without breaking up, though that's really not WWE's style so I'm not holding my breath.

Hey, we're on the same page about something new! That's twice in a couple of weeks now, this must be a record.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

The Brain
    As Gorilla Monsoon would say when Bobby Heenan agreed with him about something, oh boy, we're in trouble...

They have a tables match against Sanity at Extreme Rules. I cannot see them getting the win given it is Sanity's first PPV match, even if it is on the pre-show. Would be a shame if they miss out on Summer Slam after getting dominated at Mania and being pre-showed at last Summer Slam.

The Brain
    Honestly seems likely they all end up on the pre-show even for this show. Thanks so much, non-brand split PPVs!

New Day might have best sum up what the "moderate" view of Hulk Hogan coming back is.

To the WWE Universe and whoever else it may concern:

This will be the only statement we will make regarding Hogan’s reinstatement into WWE’s Hall of Fame. We do not wish to spend the energy debating the point, because between our kids, our external ventures, and this job, our energy is spread thin enough already, lol.

We are only writing this simply to provide an answer to the many who have bombarded us with questions on where we stand on the issue.

We preface this statement by emphasizing that this is our own opinion and may not necessarily reflect the opinion of anyone else affected.

How do we feel? Indifferent. We are not happy, or sad, angry or resentful. Who WWE puts into the HOF is totally and completely up to the company and from a career standpoint, there is no argument on whether or not Hogan should have his place. We have no problem with his re-induction in the slightest degree. It is impossible to even begin to mention the history and evolution of the business without mentioning his name and accolades.

On a personal level, when someone makes racist and hateful comments about any race or group of people, especially to the degree that Hogan made about our people, we find it difficult to simply forget, regardless of how long ago it was, or the situation in which those comments were made. But we also do not respond with more feelings of hate. Instead, we just do not associate with the people who convey or have conveyed this negative and hurtful mindset. This instance will be no different. Perhaps if we see him make a genuine effort to change, then maybe our opinion will change with him. Time will tell.

Through the course of our lives, people have used racist comments towards us and it doesn’t feel good. But if we stopped moving forward every time we were met with prejudicial hatred, then we would have never achieved our current accomplishments.

We know we are worth it, we know our kids are worth it, and most importantly, we know that
    people that look like us are worth it and always have been. There isn’t a person on this planet who will be ever be able to say anything to make us think otherwise because we believe in ourselves as a people and don’t need anyones approval on that, regardless of who they are.

Having said that, his reinstatement won’t change anything for us. It will have zero effect on our ability to perform or the level of effort we will put into doing what we love to do, and that is: To deliver an entertaining product each week for our fan base.

Sincerely,

– The New Day

“Never trade your authenticity for approval.”

These dudes are saints. Seriously, you want a "face" of the company? These three should be in that discussion.

I don't "get" the gimmick, and the pancake thing kind of grates on my nerves, but the gimmick isn't aimed at me. That type of humor doesn't resonate with me. But to the generation of kids who are into YouTubers and "random" humor, they'd be huge. Plus they can work, they're all really well spoken for doing talk show bullshit, I don't think I've ever heard a negative thing about a single one of them in backstage gossip nor have any of them even been implicated in Wellness issues.

On top of all that, Big E is the literal prototype, physically, of the type of pro wrestler Vince is in love with.

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    You mean nothing negative about them backstage apart from the explicit sex tape their most main stream prominent member was a part of?!

I joke. I see where you're coming from for sure. They have already proven themselves as great ambassadors for the company many times over I think, is all I'd say. No doubt they're one of the biggest acts of their generation.

But I mean, who isn't in a sex take now adays? It's almost a right of passage.

I think they hit it on the head. Hulk hasn't owned up to what he did. Even James f'n Ellsworth didn't like his message when he talked to the lockerroom. People want to see him held accountable. But only Hulk can hold himself accountable. New Day though has expressed the feelings of many.

Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post
    But I mean, who isn't in a sex take now adays? It's almost a right of passage.
    The way you say that makes me think you're literally making one right now.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I would throw in Titus alongside New Day as a great brand ambassador for the WWE. He has done all sorts of charity stuff, and also substantial ambassador stuff for WWE all over the place. He also made a statement about the Hogan thing:

The reports and rumors concerning my boycotting 'Extreme Rules' in Pittsburgh is false and inaccurate. I was not scheduled to attend or be a participant in the "Extreme Rules" match/production and was otherwise not booked for the show.

"The talent present in Pittsburgh, which I was a part of, was asked to attend a mandatory meeting in which Mr Terry Bollea (Hogan) addressed everyone and informed the same that he would be reinstated into the WWE Hall of Fame.

"At no point during, after or otherwise did I make a scene concerning Mr Bollea's communication to the talent. In addition, let it be known that I did not refuse to shake Mr Bollea's hand; we did not have any type of one-on-one interaction whatsoever that would or did necessitate any exchange between us individually."

Regarding Hogan's return to WWE, O'Neil's statement read: "As to the reinstatement of Mr Bollea, I can only communicate that I am a proponent of second and even third chances for individuals that show true remorse, acknowledgement of wrongdoing, fulfil their punishment, if applicable, and otherwise put forth sincere efforts to correct the issues.

"Unfortunately, I must echo the sentiment and dissatisfaction expressed by many of my fellow contemporaries concerning Mr Bollea's apology and its lack of true contrition, remorse and desire to change.

"Mr Bollea's apology "that he did not know he was being recorded" is not remorse for the hateful and violent utterances he made which reprise language that has caused violence against blacks and minorities for centuries."

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    The way you say that makes me think you're literally making one right now.
    LMAO... My wife would never go for it. Honestly, now, in my 30's, I wouldn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I would throw in Titus alongside New Day as a great brand ambassador for the WWE. He has done all sorts of charity stuff, and also substantial ambassador stuff for WWE all over the place. He also made a statement about the Hogan thing:
    I would as well. I wish WWE would push them more.

As usual, the best promo from Smackdown got stuck as a Backstage Fallout thing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tD0hDVZFUUw

Big E is a damn star.

Hot damn. Please give these three a serious program and let them use that intensity without tossing pancakes around.

There is not a single argument to be made that Big E doesn't have every tool needed to be a top guy in WWE. He has everything that Vince likes. I'm sure that New Day is viewed by management as a midcard/tag team act. But Kofi and Xavier filling that tag team role with Big E as a main event singles guy is a license to print money.

I am still baffled that they put Kofi in the MITB match over Big E. It was probably a swerve because they knew everyone assumed it would be Big E.

But they need to get serious about this dude. He's almost a decade in the company just entering the prime of his career. He's a guy with longevity on the main roster, but unlike Ziggler hasn't been written off as a midcard guy by the fans. He's been biding his time, improving, showcasing his ability as it gets better, always in a featured spot and never with a failed main event push. He's exactly the type of guy that they should be strapping a rocket to.

After Joe takes the belt from Styles, I'd love for Big E to fight Joe over the title. I think both of them, short, but big strong suplexing muthaphukkaz could be an interesting match.

Joe's in the ring celebrating his title win, The New Day's music hits and they dance and skip to the ring like usual, a little bit of a promo battle ensues with New Day not really taking it seriously and Joe running them down...until Joe goes a step too far, the smile fall odd of Big E's face, he sends his friends out of the ring and Joe and E throw down.

I feel like that's the one thing Big E is missing -- an edge. That moment where he gets a little bit of a mean streak and we see that despite being a positive guy you can push him too far and he's dangerous when you do.

Kofi got that moment with Orton years ago, but that one major moment would do wonders for E. I was kind of hoping we'd see it with the Bludgeon Brothers, but we didn't.

That would be the one thing that pushes Big E from tag to single's wrestler. I think in that promo, him talking about New Day being hated at first is a step in the right directions. I like the pancake stuff, breakfast stuff, but I think it's time to move him to that next level. He's ready for it. He's only 32 years old, he's ready.

Big E has, to me, looked like he could carry the top belt in the company since he was NXT Champion. He thrived in that role, and I think he would do exactly the same with the top belt on the main roster.

He's been IC champion, he's done the tag stuff for so long now I forget when it started, and I think he's one hundred percent ready. And yeah, no need to split New Day to do it, even.

I'd love a Big E/Samoa Joe hoss throwdown in the next couple of months.

I don't think you need to split New Day either. I think it was interesting he said faction and not tag team. If you define New Day as a faction, then you could have Kofi/Woods as the tag team and Big E as the singles who gets the title. Honestly, I miss the days of the WWE champion having a faction behind them anyways. I think WWE messed up when they split the SHIELD, and instead should have gave Roman the belt while part of the SHIELD. That would have really stopped a lot of boo's before they came. Same I think with Big E.

I have been one of the many calling for a split but I am certainly happy they took the titles of the Bludgeon Brothers. Sad how the Bludgeons were finally starting to get interesting just when Rowan gets injured. Still the tag team scene looks a lot better for it. Hopefully now we can have some somewhat competitive matches with The Bar, The Club and The Usos (it is the division of the The's) that are entertaining even if we have seen them all fight before.