Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    The New Day has openly stated that they have no interest in participating in an angle where they turn on one another.

I want New Day to get the tag belts too. Has a face stable ever held all belts? I know that's usually a heel booking move.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    The New Day has openly stated that they have no interest in participating in an angle where they turn on one another.
    I've read that too, but if they did, and the time is right, oh the heat. After this week, I'd wait a bit. But my God it would amazing.

As for Xavier, I'd keep him as a face peacemaker who's still with Kofi but he is trying to talk sense to Big E. Almost like Sting was to Luger.

You guys really want the same company who turned Dean Ambrose turning on Seth Rollins into Dead walking out the door to break up the New Day? Ask for that at your own peril.

Big E's character just doesn't fit doing that, boy it would take some retconning to go from being the ultra supportive brother who gave everything so selflessly just before Mania only to turn on him the next night. Best way to do it I think would be to have Big E win some singles match and set up a bit of a win streak of his own, have them have a respect v respect match only for things to get a little too real. Would take some serious long term planning though, something I'm not terribly confident the 'E could pull off all too convincingly.

Again, you do not need to have Big E turn heel. i said it ealrier in the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Well one way or the other, Kofi needs a legit opponent to win over at SummerSlam, and then if you do not even need to turn Big E. Just have Big E win the Rumble and have him choose to face Kofi in a brother vs brother title match at Mania 36. Tease the hell out of Big E turning heel, but don't have him turn.
    That way we can still have the match, with all the drama of what side is Xavier on, and the tension between Big E and Kofi, and then at Mania Kofi does the job for Big E and then hugs him out of respect and friendship.

They actually don't do the 'feint' turn enough anymore. I guess it's because of all the TV time they need to fill, there's a lot more mileage out of always going through with it (even if that necessarily makes everything redundant). But yeah, I like the idea.

Sounds like it ain't happening anytime soon though, if this thing about Big E's knee is to be believed.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

With Big E's injury, I'm now completely against a Big E turn... LOL. I'm only for it if it makes story sense. With Big E being out, him coming back to turn on Kofi is now the most PREDICTABLE thing ever, and therefore shouldn't be done. I was against a Big E turn until WM weekend, because he was so supportive that it almost would have been perfect heat. Like MEGA heat. But now with Big E's injury, the heat is gone. He'll be gone, and fans will be looking for it. So in that case, scrap it. It would take a hell of a story to build up enough heat to justify a Big E turn, because the moment to turn Big E has past. If Big E hadn't gotten injured, then you could have added more heat on top of what was built this week, it would have been in the slow cooker until that right time. But now, with Big E leaving, the heat dies and it will take a lot, and I mean A LOT, to build up that much heat for the turn. Now, I'm all off the turn Big E train.
    Last edited by LWO4Life; 04-12-2019 at 12:52 PM.

How has the Kofi/KO stuff been working out?

I thought its been pretty good if predictable. I kinda wanted KO to be a face longer just to see it but since Bryan was on the shelf, and you're not gonna do Roman match with Kofi, might as well be KO.

Letting Kofi be himself was the right call too. He can do serious but push past the misconception that you need an uber serious champion. That's important too.

I just read that there are rumors out there indicating that Shane McMahon will end up beating Kofi Kingston for the WWE title. If that happens, then after 35+ years of watching the WWF/E, I will be done.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    I hope that's all they are - rumors.

It wouldn’t shock me though. The other night when I saw him on RAW I was thinking, “These fuckers are actually building Shane toward something” with all this winning he’s doing. A travesty if Shane is the one to beat Kofi but hopefully just a meaningless rumor.

Kofi’s reign hasn’t been booked too bad either. I was expecting him to be booked to lose non-title matches since WWE loves doing that but thankfully that hasn’t happened yet.

I could see Big E turning on Kofi and assisting Shane in winning the belt. I would not want to see that, but it is something that would happen. I know The New Day has stated openly that they do not want to split, but if your boss tells you that's how you're being booked, you just don't have a choice.

Now if Shane does have the belt, it will probably lead to a redemption storyline for Reigns and Reigns will eventually take the belt off him.

Then just have Big E turn on him and win the belt. There is absolutely no good reason I can think of to put the WWE title on Shane McMahon.

If you're giving Shane wins, you might as well put the belt on him. Just go all in with the bullshit.

I don't like a New day turn and they don't want one either. Its cliche.

I know wrestling is scripted. I know wrestling is fake. I know we are supposed to suspend disbelief. I know its a TV show.

BUUUT

The WWE still tries to imply that its product is a real sporting event, so do not insult us with Shane winning the belt. Hell even when Russo booked himself to win the WCW title, it was done when he was in full football gear (not taking himself seriously) and by having Goldberg run in the match and spear him through the cage, thus making him champion. He then "retired" from wrestling and vacated the title so that it was seen as an accident, not intentional.

Shane winning is insulting to everyone else backstage.

Even in a scripted TV show there is still right and wrong.

Shane has defeated Miz and Roman Reigns. They are already insulting the fans so why stop at the title? It doesn't really have that much value. I'm not saying I want to happen. Shane as a character should never win.... but if he's going to win, you can put the title on him and then take it off him the next day

Or he can lose it to the Rock at mania lol.

This idea that WWE infers to be in sports context is off too I feel. Doing things like Bray's funhouse (while entertaining) is not signaling to sports fans that Bray wants a title or even cares to wrestle.

Then just have Big E turn on him and win the belt. There is absolutely no good reason I can think of to put the WWE title on Shane McMahon.
    Yeah, but you know that if they're going to give the belt to Shane and have Big E turn on Kofi, they're going to go with cliche booking.

WWE booking has been bland and boring. But it's rarely flat out awful. And Shane beating Kofi would be as awful is it comes, so I don't have any belief that this rumor is anything close to real.

How do you rate Kofi’s reign?

I give the WWE credit for not jobbing him in non-title matches like other champions who may be perceived weaker than established main eventers. On the other hand, I wish he’d take it more serious at times like this Orton feud (the pancake tossing was already stated in another thread). I guess I’d rate the reign mediocre, not bad but not great.

Middle of the pack, at best. There's so much that can be said about this reign, and very little of it would be positive. Kofi has proven to me that he can be a World Champ. Before I came back to LOP, I'd often tell Cult Icon that Big E would be the singers star of The New Day. I stand by that, as I still think Big E is the best option, but Kofi has proven that he is more than a midcarder for life.

That said, it's been an experiment, and it hasn't been successful. Due to the career in the midcard, just suddenly shifting Kofi's 50/50 win/loss record to a championship reign is bizarre. I feel like more should have been involved in the story of him overcoming these odds. Keep the same path and record, but something in the announcing or his promos should have indicated that he's working on another level, that he's increased his training, or taking everything more seriously than ever. But him being identical to when he was losing half his matches, but suddenly defeating Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton clean? There's a disconnect there that WWE haven't seemed to work towards correcting.

I don't mind the pancake throwing. I don't think he needs to change his persona outside the ring. In fact, I think there's a level of intimidation that can be used from him still being goofy on his way to the ring, but then getting super serious once the bell rings. The problem is once the bell rings, he wrestles like a midcarder. Soft offense, low intensity, and barely any moves that connect past the Boom Drop (which I never liked), SOS and Trouble in Paradise (which Randy sold like murder, and it was my favorite part of the match). The finisher is the only move in his arsenal that feels main event.

All that being said, all these issues I have could be corrected overnight, if they choose to. Orton has done a lot to break the New Day down, including Kofi, but he can take it to the next level. If blood was an option, a bloody beatdown of Kofi to end Smackdown would be uber-effective. Without blood, just make it vicious in some way that we haven't seen yet (and that's tough since the Revival's destruction of Xavier's leg and the violence between Kofi and Orton before and after the bell rings for their matches have been impressive for WWE PG). Some sort of beating that takes Kofi off TV the next week. It's weird to be as direct as this, but having Kofi make his return the week before the Cell (on the Fox debut) and telling Orton that he's back, and it's a new Kofi that will meet him "this Sunday". And then when they get to the Cell, Kofi can dance to the ring, toss pancakes, until he gets to the Cell door, drops the tray of pancakes, and just rushes Orton with the most violent attack Kofi can muster. Taking Orton offguard with how intense Kofi is would do a lot to correct the wrongs in the Kofi title reign.

Obviously, there is room for movement in this idea. I'll never be one of the increasing amounts of online fans that say "it must be booked this exact way, or it failed." But if the goal is to really have Kofi be the top champion into the Fox run, then he needs to amplify his intensity when defeating Orton (or whoever his next big opponent is).

Or, he can lose to a returning Brock Lesnar. That would do me fine and thank ya.

I've thought its been fine. I don't think once Kofi loses that he will be in the title much longer and that's okay.. Having a run is enough and I feel like going into Fox as Champion is the right call. He had to beat Orton to prove that he was on that level. Whether the feud has been executed well or not, does not matter.

Things could have been done differently, and better. Bringing the family in didn't quite work cause they had already gone down that road but they did have Kofi basically stand on his own against Orton and win. The bigger issue i would have with the run is they didn't set anyone up to take the title from him. There's not going to be good transition no matter who gets the title next.

It's been as good of a reign as you can have on Smackdown. Smackdown is where WWE title reigns go to die. With the exception of true exception talent like Daniel Bryan, you can't have a truly meaningful reign on Smackdown. With that said, I hope that when it ends, Big E turns heel and is the one to take it from him. Kofi is a good champion to eventually be turned on, and Big E is the perfect one to do it. I would love to see "Twitter" Big E, the unfiltered hot mess that he is, on the actual show. He could do big things there.

Didn't the new day state they don't want to split, though?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    Didn't the new day state they don't want to split, though?
    But the Big E turn would be sooooo good

Yes it would, but it would have to be handled by HHH and not Vince.

Yes it would, but it would have to be handled by HHH and not Vince.
    No truer words have been spoken. I low key don't even trust Heyman with that turn.

Quote Originally Posted by PEN15v2 View Post
    Or, he can lose to a returning Brock Lesnar. That would do me fine and thank ya.
    Fine indeed.

Lesner takes the title off Kofi and Owens will be the one to dethrone him, possibly at Mania?

I don't care as long as this gets me Lesnar vs Big E for 6 minutes just once.

I've not minded Kofi's reign at all, but the issue was always going to be that the moment the flame of Kofimania died down, which I think it did and they didn't really have a plan in place that could build him up hot again.

Much as I didn't, and still don't, want to see it, a member of the New Day turning on Kofi when he won the title - and I mean at Mania - would have probably kept the flame alive a bit longer and given him a strong rival to chase after the big show. Something akin to Owens/Zayn in NXT, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    I don't care as long as this gets me Lesnar vs Big E for 6 minutes just once.
    This will most likely not happen because Lesnar has a limited schedule. Lesnar will beat Kofi on Smackdown on 10/4, then will disappear until Crown Jewel where he will be have some one off match against ummm....no idea, but someone from the Attitude Era.

Then who knows who he will face at Survivor Series and the Rumble. But it won't be Big E.

If Lesnar was a champion on TV every wee, then we would get E vs Lesnar on a Smackdown leading up to the 4th.

then will disappear until Crown Jewel where he will be have some one off match against ummm....no idea, but someone from the Attitude Era.
    I don't know about you guys but I've got my fingers crossed for Kurrgan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    I don't know about you guys but I've got my fingers crossed for Kurrgan.
    Or Giant Silva

As long as they give them the proper Oddities music, and not whatever they use instead of the ICP on the Network.

Kurrgan was in Deadpool 2, it's the one fact I know about him.

I'd kind of assumed a rematch would happen at Crown Jewel, assuming Lesnar takes the title. I'd also like to see something of the sort of Team Lesnar vs Team New Day at Survivor Series, instead of a title match - New Day + 1 against Lesnar, Orton, and The Revival.

Kurrgan was also in Immortals, 300, Sherlock Holmes, and Pacific Rim and some other movies that were not as big.

Team Lesnar vs Team New Day would be interesting, but who is the 4th?

Therein lies the question - I couldn't think of any great choices. Daniel Bryan would have been my pick, but I don't think that really chimes in with The New Day in terms of character. Also Daniel Bryan is my pick for anything, so...

Just bring back Zack Gowen...he needs some revenge on Lesnar.

Transgender Terror
    Stone Cold will finally put him over.

So with the title gone, what next for New Day?