The Uso Threaditentiary

The Usos arguably had a career year in 2017, changing up their game and just storming the tag division that was getting dominated by American Alpha. They blasted them out of the park, bested the Fashion Police, had one of the feuds of the year with New Day and then just for fun beat The Bar at Survivor Series.

What the hell's happened to them in 2018? Did someone call the wrong person backstage uce?

Possibly the best titled thread on the board, Sam. Puns for the win!

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

What the hell's happened to them in 2018? Did someone call the wrong person backstage uce?
    Same thing that happened to the New Day...they had their time in the sun. Smackdown is loaded with tag teams right now and they're just not in the plans. I imagine they'll be next to face The Bar and I look forward to that programme.

The bigger issue here is that the Bludgeon Brothers have ruined the tag division on Smackdown.

Thanks PT, I do my best.

Yeah, you certainly have to wonder what the longer term plan is for the divison. Who rises up to beat them? It would seem a cop out if it was just them getting built up for The Bar to be the ones to take the titles off them but then again, who else would look remotely threatening against Harper & Rowan.

The Brain
    Nothing wrong with another push for the Bar!

I still want The Bar to be singles stars as I find them both more engaging than most of the singles division these days. Either vs The Miz, Styles, Nakamura etc... would be fun.

I don't see why they can't be both. Other than WWE booking style (see the New Day thread!).

But I've been watching Sting chasing the tag titles and the US title in 1988, it's clearly doable if you're not wedded to such a rote booking style.

The Brain
    I'm a big fan of guys still being allies as they pursue something individually. I do think Cesaro and Sheamus have lots to offer in singles roles still.

That's something I don't think the Usos can really say, which is maybe a little unfair to them but unless on retires I doubt either will ever break out. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing either, just the way I see it.

To be fair we've been given no reason to think that they can to date. They've almost always come as a package deal.

They're so simliar in almost everything they do, that its hard to see much difference in the two. When they didn't get promo time really, i could tell one of them was more confident than the other and there was mini feud where Miz was trying to get Naomi on his side and Jimmy showed some great fire i thought... but I've never thought of splitting them up.

Its true that they had their time but its sad when you're a tag team in WWE, if you are not going for the title, then you get no time usually or any feud... The only reason New Day and The Bar got anything was because the Bludgen bros were basically off tv.

I think you’ve mentioned the crucial thing that separates them there...Naomi.

I think Naomi is incredibly useful and is also pretty talented. From a storyline point of view she can add to it and also step in the right. If one got a single’s push, she could be used. If they ever had a blood feud too. She’d be a great heel manager and partner too.

I don't know if I've really seen enough of Naomi and watched closely enough to come down on one side or the other, but I do know that she is one of those performers who really divide opinion.

Not a lot of action in here lately. Uso's suffering from the refocus away from tag teams I've been hearing about?

I liked Sir Sam's column on the tag scene and think he had some good thoughts that would benefit teams like The Usos.

Quote Originally Posted by For the love of Terry Funk View Post
    I liked Sir Sam's column on the tag scene and think he had some good thoughts that would benefit teams like The Usos.
    Thanks man, I only just saw this.

I think there is plenty of matches left in a Bar/Uso program later this year assuming The Bar deal with the Bludgeons at the top of the division. I really likes their Survivor Series match last year, hopefully they will be firing up ready to go after the break.

I can't say I'm informed anymore but have they been used much? All I've seen has been Bludgeon Brothers?

Not since they lost the contenders match. The Uso married to Naomi was on Mixed Match Challenge.