Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 132

Thread: Charlotte Flair

  1. #81
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,675
    I think that the Smackdown women's title is the opener and Becky gets screwed somehow, only to be put into the Rumble and then she wins it to face Rousey.

  2. #82
    Lamb of LOP anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    186 miles from Sheepster
    Posts
    548
    Charlotte Flair reminds me of Alberto Del Rio in terms of character. There’s nothing wrong with her and she’s very good at everything but she’s just not likable or easy to watch and the WWE just seems to want to place her in positions she shouldn’t be in.

    To fix her, she needs to give others time in the spotlight like the other women do. Constant over exposure is exhausting.

  3. #83
    You might have a point, people really got behind her in NXT but you only saw someone about once a fortnight then. Much harder to be over-exposed.

  4. #84
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,675
    I really hate Charlotte. Not good heat, like a heel is supposed to get, but get off my screen and go away heat. The only reason I watch her now is waiting for Becky to show up.

    For those of you who remember, I would rather watch ADR.

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,059
    I think she's good. She's way better in this role as a privileged, entitled woman who believes opportunities should be handed to her because she's a Flair than she was as a face, and I'm glad we're getting there with her.

    She was probably part of three of the best women's matches in NXT - the Fourway at Rival, vs Bayley at Fatal 4-Way, the triple threat number one contenders match. Some would argue that the Natalya bout should be in here - far from my list, but I appreciate people like it. So that would make four.

    And it doesn't even reference her main roster work with Asuka, Sasha, Becky, the Mania Triple Threat and so on.

    If you'd rather watch ADR, that's your prerogative Powder. But ADR was far, far worse in every aspect of both professional wrestling and Sports Entertainment than Charlotte has ever been, in my opinion.

  6. #86
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,675
    If you take Charlotte's matches out of the equation, which she is very good at and I do enjoy watching, everything else about her is so damn annoying. Her over make-upped look, her condescending attitude, and the constant overpush from Vince. I know anyone would take the push and support from Vince, but there is just something about her that really makes me want to turn off my TV.

    Rocky was a cocky arrogant heel.
    Her father Flair was that.
    Angle had the holier than thou attitude in his beginnings
    The Miz had the "I'm better than you" attitude

    This type of "attitude" that Charlotte has is not new, but there is something about her, and what she says and the way she says it that turns me, at least, and I know I'm not alone, off. I am all for heels that get over. Charlotte right now is acting and saying the same things as Stephanie did for years, but now it's ok b/c Charlotte is saying them? N0. Just go away and get off the screen, or turn it down.
    Last edited by Powder; 02-27-2019 at 10:47 AM.

  7. #87
    I agree with Powder. I can't stand Charlotte and that's because of how overpushed she is. How many title reigns has she had in the 3ish years that she has been on the main roster? All because her name ends with Flair. Look at Emma (Tenile Dashwood). She didn't get any title reign at all and she was good in the ring and her heel character was great. Plus she is better looking than Charlotte. Sasha Banks hasn't had a credible run with one of the main womens titles, either. The overpush is what turns people away and makes them resent and dislike the performer, and not the good kind of dislike.

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,059
    Isn't the overpush, though, what is now being used to inform the character into entitled and above everyone? I think they've done well to make that into a character arc, and to identify the entire reason why the attempt at turning Becky heel opposite a face Charlotte failed miserably.

    To me, she's got this character set off perfectly - her promo last night was amazingly pitched, too, playing up that she thinks Vince is making the right decision by taking Kofi out of the FastLane main event for Owens (which is buttering up the person giving her the opportunities), playing in that she's the company woman so deserves the opportunities, and then ending up with her being entitled to hold the Raw women's title. It's the perfect condescending, entitled heel, almost exactly where I wanted to see WWE take Reigns when I thought they might turn him heel actually.

    It's excellent promo work, and there's nothing in there that's really like Stephanie putting the whole roster down whenever she turns up (which she does a lot less now, notably). Charlotte's positioning herself above others in her own mind, but they're her direct rivals and she will get comeuppance eventually.

    I don't disagree that she was (and possibly still is) overpushed, but I like where they've run with that in the current character and storyline.

    Basically, the current attitude, which you are against, and the overpush, which you are against, are both in line with her character now and intentional attributes of the character - so you're essentially against her for the reasons WWE want you to be against her.

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    159
    Everything y'all are describing sounds like heat to me. It's not turn off the TV heat unless you actually turn the TV off.

    Also, what Oli said.

  10. #90
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,675
    Again, I can only speak for myself, but the only reason I did not turn off the TV was because I clearly thought that Becky was showing up. BUT if I knew she wasn't then I would have changed the channel, like I did when ADR came on TV or when Lio Rush does.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Again, I can only speak for myself, but the only reason I did not turn off the TV was because I clearly thought that Becky was showing up. BUT if I knew she wasn't then I would have changed the channel, like I did when ADR came on TV or when Lio Rush does.
    You may also speak for me in that regard. Literally, the only reason why I watch anything with Charlotte in it is to see if Becky shows up and what she may do next. Otherwise, I'll either take a piss break or not pay attention to whatever is going on.

  12. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,127
    I'm not a Charlotte fan at all but what bothers me is she's still on Smackdown when all the angles with Becky and Ronda are on Raw. I care about what Asuka is doing with the SD title, not Charlotte's response to Becky when we could have that on RAW the next week.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    I'm not a Charlotte fan at all but what bothers me is she's still on Smackdown when all the angles with Becky and Ronda are on Raw. I care about what Asuka is doing with the SD title, not Charlotte's response to Becky when we could have that on RAW the next week.
    This is an issue that I may have touched on here, or maybe I said it to some other people on a discord server. In all honesty, it should be Becky Lynch going after Ronda and Charlotte feuding with Asuka heading into Mania. Should let Asuka redeem her loss to Charlotte last year at Mania. Hell, even their second 1v1 match ended in a DQ win for Asuka 2 nights before TLC so Asuka never really got redemption. Instead, we are getting Charlotte involved with Ronda and Becky (which most people would prefer to stay 1v1) while Asuka more than likely gets challenged by Mandy Rose (I could honestly see this match being on the pre-show).

  14. #94
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,127
    The SD title is so irrelvant to storylines that they set up the Mandy/Asuka match for Fastlane with a youtube vid. Not blaming Charlotte for it, because even though I would prefer her to wrestle Asuka at Mania, it made sense to give Becky another obstacle because of how WWE does things. They weren't going to have Ronda/Becky trade promos for two months straight.

    Just put all 3 on Raw and promote that match. So the SD champion can get on her own show.

  15. #95
    Anyone think the angle with Charlotte will do what they need in the short term but hurt her appeal over the longer stretch?

  16. #96
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,675
    it has already killed her appeal. She is really, really, unappealing in every way.

  17. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong Sundae View Post
    Anyone think the angle with Charlotte will do what they need in the short term but hurt her appeal over the longer stretch?
    She's not a good face. So her heel appeal is what it is. I just hope they don't force another face run anytime soon

  18. #98
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,675
    Of course Vince will, because he thinks that Charlotte is the entire Woman's division.

  19. #99
    Charlotte's best as a heel but I don't believe the current angle will lessen her appeal any more for those already turned off by her. Her name has built in marketability. Plus she's good all around. Makes sense she would be involved in the prospective first women's main event at WrestleMania.

    Twitter: @libsuperstar

  20. #100
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,675
    Apparently Ric Flair underwent a surgical procedure today. Details were not announced, but I have an inside tip that it was to attempt to permanently remove Charlotte from his coattails.
    Last edited by Powder; 03-15-2019 at 01:13 PM.

  21. #101
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,675
    So Charlotte is now an 8 time champion in less than 4 years on the main roster. That is disgusting. 8 f'n times she has held a Major title.

    The current story line with the WWE title is that Kofi and the New Day had to jump through hoops just to get Kofi his well deserved and earned title shot at Mania, but Vince just inserts Charlotte into Becky's match, and then just out of no where she gets a shot at Asuka and wins the f'n title.

    How can the rest of the women's roster not be really pissed off at this?

    • Charlotte is an now 8 time champion is less than 4 years
    • She was inserted into the main even of WM due to simply being a Flair
    • She gets yet another shot at the SD title and wins it
    • Now Charlotte gets to walk into WM in the main event of Mania as a champion
    • The rest of the women are relegated to a battle Royal as a complete after thought
    • After Mania Lacy Evans (who I predict will win the Rumble) will be elevated to face Charlotte, thus pushing aside everyone else.


    If I was a member of the women's roster, I would be pissed off, because it is as clear as day that Vince gives 0 fucks about the rest of the division and it is only about Charlotte. I would be asking for my release and calling up AEW or Impact and trying to get out of the WWE as there is no way that anyone else will ever be given an opportunity.
    Last edited by Powder; 03-27-2019 at 09:53 AM.

  22. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,059
    Because it's in freaking character - jeez, do you even watch the shows? The whole point of Charlotte's character is that she gets handed opportunities because of her name, it's why she's in the Mania main event, why she had the title match last night, and why it all ties together against Becky who has had to fight for the opportunity.

    On the other side, you've got Kofi running a quasi-'WWE is racist' storyline that they're subtly alluding to, so of course he's being 'held down'.

  23. #103
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,675
    Yes I watch the shows, and yes it's her character, but NO the WWE does not have to constantly shove her down our throats. lesnar is pushed to the moon, but at least he is off screen more than on to not be sick of him. Charlotte has passed Reigns in the chosen one status.

    But I stand by my assessment, If I were a female on the roster I would be looking for a way out.

  24. #104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,127
    I'd be looking at other options too but not really because of Charlotte but because they keep signing so much talent but they don't make that many stars out of them because they barely use them compared to the male talents still.. There's gotta be like over 50... to 75 women contracted and how many of them really get used? 20?

  25. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Because it's in freaking character - jeez, do you even watch the shows? The whole point of Charlotte's character is that she gets handed opportunities because of her name, it's why she's in the Mania main event, why she had the title match last night, and why it all ties together against Becky who has had to fight for the opportunity.

    On the other side, you've got Kofi running a quasi-'WWE is racist' storyline that they're subtly alluding to, so of course he's being 'held down'.
    This seems like a complete cop out argument just to be "okay" with Charlotte being shoved down our throats. Doesn't matter if it's her character. It doesn't make us any less sick of her being shoved down our throats.

  26. #106
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,675
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    This seems like a complete cop out argument just to be "okay" with Charlotte being shoved down our throats. Doesn't matter if it's her character. It doesn't make us any less sick of her being shoved down our throats.
    Couldn't agree more.

  27. #107
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,675
    I just posted this in the Live TV thread, because it was relevant to that discussion, but I will re-post here because it belongs, and is relevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Anyone can argue all they want, but Charlotte (Ashley Elizabeth Fliehr) will always be granted opportunities simply because of who her father is. Just look to what the main page is reporting, the ESPN graphic of her had the caption "the daughter of Ric Flair" and she correctly criticized them saying that ESPN should have put "8 time champion". BUT, Charlotte, honey, you will never get out of the shadow if Ric Flair until you stop using him as part of your gimmick. Your entrance music is a reworking of his, your ring gear/robe, your promos about your lineage etc. If Charlotte wants to be looked upon as Charlotte, then stop advertising yourself as Ric Flair's Daughter.

  28. #108
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,675
    So even with Bayley cashing in on Charlotte to win the SD Title, that still means that Charlotte is a 9 time champion in slightly less than 4 years. Charlotte's debut came in July 2015 and she won her 9th title last night.

    The WWE clearly had John Cena win his record tying 16th title to equal Ric Flair b/c Vince clearly wanted one of his own creations to share, but not break Flair's record. But the WWE needs to slow down on Charlotte, otherwise she will be a 20+ time champion before her career is done.
    Last edited by Powder; 05-20-2019 at 08:04 AM.

  29. #109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,059
    Surprised it took you 10 hours after the PPV had finished to get here, Powder.

    I don't personally like it, but it was the best way to play the situation and get the title to Bayley without there being some negativity around her taking the title from Becky.

  30. #110
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,675
    Well I am not knocking Charlotte as I did, just pointing out that the WWE may have created a really bad situation for themselves with 9 title runs in less than 4 years.

    The way that the WWE had Becky lose and then Bayley cashing in was perfect. I am just pointing out the problem. Charlotte was champ again, for the 9th time.

  31. #111
    Administrator Prime Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,529
    I don't know if this is the kind of stat that interest anyone other than just me, but Ric Flair had two individual NWA title reigns that were longer than all nine of his daughters' reigns combined.

    "The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

  32. #112
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,675
    I just looked up some stats.

    Alexa Bliss in 5 total reigns has had 505 days as a champion.
    Charlotte in 9 reigns has 427 days
    Becky has 4 reigns and has 258 (and counting) days
    Rousey 1 reign and 232 days

    if we include the Divas title:
    AJ Lee 3 reigns and 406 days


    So with all of Charlotte's title runs, she is not that great as a champion with an average of 47.4 days per title run. That is only 5 weeks per run. Not that good. While her contemporaries all have less reigns but more substantial.
    Last edited by Powder; 05-20-2019 at 11:00 AM.

  33. #113
    Administrator Prime Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,529
    A slight correction, Powder. You've missed Charlotte's Divas title reign off there. It's 427 days from the 8 reigns as RAW or Smackdown Women's championships. If you want the 9th, you have to add 196 days from her Divas championship.

    Improves her record to roughly 70 days per reign, I'd guess (or a little over 50 if you divide the original figure by 8) - still nothing to write home about though.

    "The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

  34. #114
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,675
    My mistake, but it still captures my point. She has all these reigns, but nothing of real worth.

    Her only real moment(s) was retaining over Asuka at Mania, which felt weird and not substantial and her post loss beat down to Rousey last year.

    Charlotte has not had that career defining moment yet.

    Rousey had her debut match.
    Becky had this year's Mania win.
    Sasha and Bayley had the Iron Woman Match
    Paige had her title win in her first Match on the main roster.
    Charlotte hasn't had anything really yet.

    So with al of her accolades, she hasn't had that "WWE Moment" yet.
    Last edited by Powder; 05-20-2019 at 11:08 AM.

  35. #115
    Transgender Terror
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    231
    Wrestlemania 32, you goob.

  36. #116
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,675
    Not really.

    She was already the reigning Divas champion, so when she won the match, all they did was change the title to the Women's title. So while she technically is the inaugural champion, all she actually did was defend her title.

    And it also proves my point. If I couldn't even think of that off hand, how memorable could that be?
    Last edited by Powder; 05-20-2019 at 11:16 AM.

  37. #117
    Transgender Terror
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    231
    Now you're just looking for reasons to hate now. That was a monument moment in WWE history.

  38. #118
    Administrator Prime Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,529
    If we accept the idea that you're a good person to be the ultimate arbiter of these things, that would indeed prove your point. Otherwise that logic is really rather weak.



    Shall we put it to the vote?

    "The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

  39. #119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    839
    Powder doesnít have to find reasons to hate Charlotte, TO. Itís been well documented across several threads for at least the past year, if not longer. Remember when Powder was complaining about Charlotte wearing too much makeup? Pretty sure thatís what kicked it all off.

  40. #120
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,675
    I do infact hate Charlotte, but I wasn't attacking with my original post.

    I was pointing out that the WWE has now had Charlotte with 9 reigns, and no real big time Moments. With every other superstar, the WWE makes a point to mention their individual accomplishments.

    When was the last time that the WWE pointed out that Charlotte is the first WWE Women's Champion (of the modern era)?

    The WWE still talks about Orton being the youngest WWE champion of all time.
    Last edited by Powder; 05-20-2019 at 11:29 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •