Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Charlotte Flair

Charlotte was in the first women's match to main event a ppv. And she won. That's a career defining moment.

that is coupled with being the first Woman, along with Sasha banks to compete in a Hell in a Cell match.

EDIT: Loved Rusev's tweet!

“Wow when it’s all said and done @MsCharlotteWWE will be 35 time world champ!!! The greatest superstar in the history of superstars. Teach me”
    Last edited by Powder; 05-20-2019 at 02:09 PM.

She's done a lot in a very short amount of time, hasn't she? I think a lot of what she's achieved is just being a high profile face in the division, and very marketable with it - you could very much argue that she's carried that women's division on her shoulders as the lynch pin of the main roster 'evolution', which is pretty key.

I guess people have seen the speculation about Trish/Charlotte for Summerslam, there any thoughts on this out there?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Wouldn't mind it, tbh. Keeps Charlotte away from either ttile, but I would like some build up, other than Trish just showing up at Summerslam and accepting the challenge.

Yeah, I like it as an idea. How far away is SummerSlam a couple of weeks? With Charlotte starting to lay the bones of that feud last week, this week would be a good one for Trish to show up.

Part of me doesn't like WWE retconning itself to suggest that at any point in time Trish's 'era' of women's wrestling was any actual good or promoted as such by the company itself, but I suppose that's by the by.

^i would disagree slightly with the last part. Sure, alot of what they did with Trish's era of women's wrestling was sleazy and degrading... but they did treat Trish like a big star and they did try to have competitive and good matches on the card... Some of matches with Lita, that hardcore match with Victoria.. etc.

its just people see bra and panties, mud wrestling and the like and that sticks.

Not super into Charlotte vs. Trish but its Canada and I think its a cool moment if you're a Charlotte fan. (i'm not)

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    ^i would disagree slightly with the last part. Sure, alot of what they did with Trish's era of women's wrestling was sleazy and degrading... but they did treat Trish like a big star and they did try to have competitive and good matches on the card... Some of matches with Lita, that hardcore match with Victoria.. etc.
    This is true, and there was a really great moment where WWE had a load of talented women employed that they underutilised.

Molly Holly, for one.

I am predicting a Dusty finish with the Charlotte/Trish match at SummerSlam. The WWE made a point of having Charlotte destroy Liv Morgan a few weeks ago and basically call her a joke. Then after their match she grabbed the headset and said that "Charlotte was right, and when I come back, I'm gonna be real".

So I am predicting that Charlotte will either have Trish in the Figure 8 and Liv comes in and beats down Charlotte and we have a DQ,

OR

Liv comes down and causes Charlotte to get pinned by Trish.

Either way we get a "new" Liv Morgan coming back to feud with Charlotte after Charlotte called her out and destroyed her.

Hopefully this comes to pass, AND the WWE allows Liv to get a few legit, clean wins over Charlotte to elevate Liv.

Nice to see you back.

But, no. Liv Morgan has WAY too much to improve upon to be gaining wins over Charlotte. If anything, Liv might come back to be Charlotte's lackey. In all honesty, I don't think WWE was really long term planning anything serious for Liv. It was just a smart way to get her on TV and back off again as an answer to the less than 1% of the audience that loves to point out every single star not on TV.

Thanks, My computer broke, and working at camp for the summer with 9 hour days and passing out early kills you.

BUT, why would the WWE make a point of Liv of all people being one to grab the mic and call out Shane? And then Charlotte beating her down, and for her to grab the headset and essentially say that we will be getting a new gimmick from her of they weren't planning on reinventing her? It doesn't make sense.

The WWE just lets people fade away if they are not using them. Like Mojo Rawley, Bobby Roode, Zack Ryder, the Ascension, Bug Show, Kane, etc.

Every promotion does that. The reason WWE gets so much flack for it is the size of the spotlight. Well, that, and WWE tends to start things that don't go anywhere. The Ryder/Hawkins reunion to win the tag titles was a great example. I'm not sure what they could be doing to be credibly in the mix with Usos/Revival/OC, but they were the champions of Red brand not too long ago. They could have found a way to use them, but it was a 4 week storyline of the shock win, and dropping the titles back to the real teams. Perhaps the goal was to just give the team the fluke win, and become credible jobbers. In that case, job well done. But if that was the plan, then bring in Randy Orton because it's stupid stupid stupid.

Concerning Liv, I can't say there's an answer. No one can. I get what you're saying, but I think they merely had her do that to write her off TV. I'm guessing it's to reboot her character. I would even recommend letting her work NXT a bit, similar to what Breezango is doing. But, she's been off all TV.