Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Charlotte Flair

Adam Cole isn't 6', 210. I'm 6', 215-220 and I'm a hell of a lot thicker than that guy. He might be 200 if he's lucky, I'd put him at 190. If they're billing him at 210, it's just so he's billed heavier than the cruiserweights.

As an example, a friend of mine who's built like Cole and is a legit 215 is about 6'4".

So I fell asleep during RAW last night, and I just got around to catching the Ripley/Charlotte segment. It was well done. Ripley made her points and they were received well, and there was no verbal sparring, as Charlotte would have destroyed her. Good call by the WWE for that.

But the most important thing that I took away from the entire segment, is that Ripley matches up with Charlotte like no one in the WWE, past or present does. Ripley is basically the same size as Charlotte. I know that we have talked about size to death on these forums, but when you have a 5'1" Alexa Bliss taking on a 5'10" Charlotte, that does not look as impressive as 5'8" Rhea Ripley stepping up to Charlotte.

Also I know billed heights are taken with a grain of salt, but both Ripley and Charlotte looked the same height last night. Ripley was wearing sneakers, and they looked like they did not have those lifts in them, and Charlotte was wearing wrestling boots.

Capture 2.jpg
    Last edited by Powder; 02-04-2020 at 03:43 PM.

I know I am double posting, but this is a completely different idea and thought about Charlotte, besides, no one responded to the original post from yesterday.

The plan as it seems to be is for Charlotte to challenge Rhea Ripley for the NXT Title. No problem with that at all, and I welcome the new, fresh, matchup. My question is:

Assuming Charlotte wins, will this NXT Title run be counted in her title accumulations? If so, then the WWE needs to adjust her (and everyone else's for that matter) current title accumulations to 11 as she was already the NXT champion, and then after WM, she will then have 12 total runs. If the WWE does not count the potential NXT Title run, then that devalues the NXT Title all while attempting to up it's current value.

The WWE cannot have it both ways. If Charlotte does win the NXT Title and it is then counted in total title runs, then anyone who wore either the Men's or Women's NXT title will need to have their accumulations increased overall. You cannot just start to include the potential upcoming run for Charlotte, and discount the past.

This is akin to Drew McIntyre, where the WWE keeps saying that he has never won a World Title in the WWE, and while technically that is true, if the WWE counts Charlotte's potential NXT title run, then they have to correct themselves by saying that Drew McIntyre is a former champion, the NXT champion, and this would be his first specific WWE Title run, not first title run overall, making his potential WWE Championship victory his second overall title run.
    Last edited by Powder; 02-05-2020 at 12:15 PM.

I don't see Charlotte winning, so that will save that issue. Plus, the NXT title is not a World Title, so I'm thinking they'll still keep it separate. At least for now.

And, also, Iím pretty sure theyíll pick and choose how they want to announce champions based on whatever narrative they want. For instance, Ric Flair was a 17 time world champ, but all but two came while he was in WCW. In 2004, there was a big deal made about Benoit finally achieving his dream after 20 years and being world champ, yet Iím pretty sure that they mentioned him being a former world champ when he first showed up with Guerrero, Malenko and Saturn four years earlier. So sometimes they mention former reigns, and sometimes they donít.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    I know I am double posting, but this is a completely different idea and thought about Charlotte, besides, no one responded to the original post from yesterday.

The plan as it seems to be is for Charlotte to challenge Rhea Ripley for the NXT Title. No problem with that at all, and I welcome the new, fresh, matchup. My question is:

Assuming Charlotte wins, will this NXT Title run be counted in her title accumulations? If so, then the WWE needs to adjust her (and everyone else's for that matter) current title accumulations to 11 as she was already the NXT champion, and then after WM, she will then have 12 total runs. If the WWE does not count the potential NXT Title run, then that devalues the NXT Title all while attempting to up it's current value.

The WWE cannot have it both ways. If Charlotte does win the NXT Title and it is then counted in total title runs, then anyone who wore either the Men's or Women's NXT title will need to have their accumulations increased overall. You cannot just start to include the potential upcoming run for Charlotte, and discount the past.

This is akin to Drew McIntyre, where the WWE keeps saying that he has never won a World Title in the WWE, and while technically that is true, if the WWE counts Charlotte's potential NXT title run, then they have to correct themselves by saying that Drew McIntyre is a former champion, the NXT champion, and this would be his first specific WWE Title run, not first title run overall, making his potential WWE Championship victory his second overall title run.
    Not necessarily. A title can be upgraded or downgraded to and from World Title status. When WWE first brought back ECW, they considered it to have a third World Title. But sometime during ECW's run their title got downgraded from World Title status. Vince McMahon is considered a two time World Champion because the ECW title was a World title at the time he won it. But Tommy Dreamer is not considered a former World Champion because when he won the ECW Title in WWE it had already been downgraded.

I guess WWE could say they've promoted the NXT Titles to World Title status now that the show is on tv, but I don't think that's what they're doing. Even if Charlotte does win I don't think they'll count it as a World Title for her.

So after Takeover the official match is now Ripley vs Charlotte for the NXT title at Mania. I'm quite excited for it, this far out, and hope they can continue to build on what they've done already.

How do we see it going? I think it's too early for Ripley to lose the title, but equally part of me feels that a win over Charlotte at Mania is bigger than anything she could then go back to on NXT, making following up on it a bit complicated if she's not going to be on the main roster.

Personally, I think Ripley takes the win and continues on NXT - and they hope that the buzz creates them some new viewers and another big star on the brand.

I still think a non-finish that makes Ripley look good and keeps the title on her is the way to go. If she wins, then like you said- sheís bigger than anything in NXT, so she might as well be promoted to Raw or SmackDown. Putting the title in Charlotte is pointless because sheís not staying in NXT. Unless she just throws the title down immediately after winning and says she never wanted that title, she just wanted to prove NXT is nothing and that Survivor Series was a fluke, but then you shit all over NXT. Damned if you do; damned if you donít it seems like.

I mean, there's always the option that Charlotte wins, has a short run on NXT, then drops it - either back to Ripley or to Belair to build off of their interactions.

I suppose that could be a decent possibility. Almost like ECW circa 2006ish when Big Show or Kurt Angle went there.

Looking at NXT, the top of the division is Rhea, Bianca, Io (when back from injury), Tegan, Dakota, Candice. As champ, Rhea is pretty fresh, and hasn't killed off feuds with any of these women. So I think the way to go is to have Rhea win at Mania cheaply, maybe even turning heel. If she turns, she has babyface challengers ready to go. She can keep working on NXT for a while.
    Meanwhile, Charlotte can take the loss, would may lead to sympathy (it's a stretch, but I can WWE doing their best to make that happen) and eventually regaining momentum on Raw and/or Smackdown. Once she's back on top with a title, Rhea can move over at anytime, and the confrontation will be meaningful.

It feels like the above is the safest bet and keeps every one looking as strong as possible, but I'm looking forward to the match up and seeing what they do.

You forgot Mia Yim, who is so much better than Tegan and Dakota, she just currently does not have a story.

Put them on like second, and Rhea gets her with a roll-up.

They probably won't since they want finishers and classic matches at WrestleMania, but just catching her unexpected is the classic way a booker would have someone win and still keep the other person strong.

That's not bad storytelling, Pen - I like it.

Tegan, Candice, and, as Powder says, Mia Yim would be good face foils to a heel Rhea. That said, I can equally see a whole lot of potential in Dakota vs Rhea, given the WarGames issues which could have cost Rhea's team the win, and Rhea vs heel Io. There's a lot of good match choices for Rhea, and part of why her coming in and becoming champion pretty swiftly is that she hasn't burnt through those feuds on the way up to being in title contention.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    You forgot Mia Yim, who is so much better than Tegan and Dakota
    She is? News to me. While I understand the idea that Tegan and Dakota are average in the ring (agreed, as is Mia), Dakota has been pretty good in this heel role. Tegan isn't my idea of a babyface to push, but it's happening, so she is still worth discussing.

But Mia? I don't see anything of value. Tegan at least has the push, and underdog history from her injuries in the tournaments. Mia has very little that connects with fans at this time.

Charlotte won't be winning the title, or if she does, won't be holding onto it very long. WWE likes to keep their couples together and Charlotte is engaged to Andrade. So unless he is going back to NXT, I don't see Charlotte winning. Actually, if Charlotte wins the NXT title and drops it, doesn't she stay on NXT? I believe that happens to most superstars that challenge and win a belt on a different brand.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    Charlotte won't be winning the title, or if she does, won't be holding onto it very long. WWE likes to keep their couples together and Charlotte is engaged to Andrade. So unless he is going back to NXT, I don't see Charlotte winning. Actually, if Charlotte wins the NXT title and drops it, doesn't she stay on NXT? I believe that happens to most superstars that challenge and win a belt on a different brand.
    Montez Ford is married to Bianca Belair - one's on Raw, one's on NXT. So not an unprecedented situation to have a couple split across these two rosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Montez Ford is married to Bianca Belair - one's on Raw, one's on NXT. So not an unprecedented situation to have a couple split across these two rosters.
    The difference is likely that Bianca isn't ready for the main roster. Charlotte and Andrade both are already there.