Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charlotte Flair

I have heard tentative things that make me think they're picking up on an undercurrent of support for Becky out there. Whether or not they'll really want to run with that is anyone's guess but it probably can't hurt her.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I think they are pushing Becky to lose to Carmella at Summerslam.

The Brain
    That seems far more likely, sad to say.

I'd even take Asuka beating Becky at Summerslam.. I don't need Becky to win... its just Carmella is still awful.

I saw somewhere that Flair was featured in ESPN's The Body Issue. That is a pretty big deal, puts her alongside a number of really prominent female athletes like Serena Williams and Rhonda Rousey who were in it in the past.

@Sir_Samuel

A couple of months can change things quite a lot, and I saw an article headlined 'Smackdown is turning Charlotte Flair into the next Roman Reigns.'

She kind of is.

And her in ring work has gone down the tubes recently. I've never been Char's biggest fan but she was okay in the ring until recently where she's looked really bad. Almost killed Sonya last week with a powerbomb

Her moonsaults are also pretty bad. I was never that high on Charlotte as an actual wrestler, if I'm honest - I think she was helped greatly when she works opposite someone actually good. Her Nikki matches were pretty poor, for example, against those she had with Bayley/Becky/Sasha/Asuka.

Whoever does Charlotte's makeup needs to take a step back. The makeup is caked on and she looks terrible.

It really bugs me that when Charlotte had her implants fixed, she didn't get the mole from her chin removed.

You’re sounding like Meltzer now...

Quote Originally Posted by meandi
    Careful

Twitter: @libsuperstar

Quote Originally Posted by meandi View Post
    Why and how?

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Why and how?
    I'm guessing it's because he criticizes the female performer's looks (like he did with I believe it was Peyton Royce?) which you did.

Won't lie, though. The mole on her face does hurt how attractive she is, imo. However, it isn't the reason I don't like her. It's because she is the female John Cena imo (where she accumulates so many title wins in such a short time).

Yeah, 7 runs in what? 3 years? Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    I'm guessing it's because he criticizes the female performer's looks (like he did with I believe it was Peyton Royce?) which you did.
    Pretty much spot on. ‘Twas just a joke and there was no ill intent, though.

Anyone else seen that people on the 'net are mocking WWE for trying to crowbar Charlotte into what has made Becky popular?

The WWE wanting/pushing/forcing Charlotte as their top woman and "stealing" someone else's gimmick, instead of someone else that got over on their own? No way, the WWE has never done that...

***cough, cough*** CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Roman Reigns, and to an extent Zack Ryder

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    The WWE wanting/pushing/forcing Charlotte as their top woman and "stealing" someone else's gimmick, instead of someone else that got over on their own? No way, the WWE has never done that...

***cough, cough*** CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Roman Reigns, and to an extent Zack Ryder
    You also forgot Rusev =S

It is worth a try, she was always better playing the cocky, arrogant champion than some sort of humble role model. I get why people feel like it is a little too close to Becky but I don't think you have to worry about her right now, she is untouchable at least from an audience reaction perspective.

@Sir_Samuel

I actually think the line is sort of down the middle. People seem to want to cheer her on the whole, but I don't think the role model is the way to do it.

The babyface she was in NXT, right before call-up, feels like it should be the model to me. There was nothing humble about her then, but people ate it up.

I think I finally realized what it is about Charlotte that I can't stand. The way she talks on the mic, is exactly like Stephanie McMahon. She uses almost the exact same scripted lines that Stephanie says, and the same way she demeans her sparring partners mixing the kayfabe and reality and not getting any payback. She is extremely protected in her booking. Look at the LWS match against Becky. On the following Smackdown, when it was supposed to be Becky's night, all the commentators talked about was how resilient Charlotte was, not that Becky won.

Charlotte is another Stephanie. Another entitled princess.

it works when she plays the heel.

Not really, because she is so demeaning. A good heel is supposed to talk down to his/her opponent, but also be able to take a few shots. Charlotte talks over people, condescends, and is an outright bitch. She is not a good heel, nor a good face. A good heel is supposed to make you want to see them "get theirs" not to shut up and go away.

Glad to see I am not the only one who doesn't care for her.

I don't like Charlotte but feel she's an okay heel who is terrible at being a babyface

Charlotte would be a better heel if she was more like here Dad. She has literally the best person in the world on how to be the bad guy as her father. instead she chooses to be Stephanie McMahon where no one can better her, or over come her, or get to her, and be protected like her. The contract signing last night was supposed to be about Becky, but again Charlotte talked over her, and then destroyed someone who doesn't speak English that well.

I hope it wasn't scripted, but it probably was, when Becky walked out of the ring without looking back, indicating that she and everyone else knows that Charlotte is blowing smoke. I hope it was Becky's silent protest to shut Charlotte up. Charlotte really looked flustered, and I think she even said "Wait ,where are you going?" or something to that extent.

When Smackdown came onto the air, I believe that Byron Saxton or Cole said "is Charlotte just a poor man's Becky Lynch?" Meaning that since Becky got hurt they pushed Charlotte into the role.

I just hope that the WWE sees that the fan base is completely behind Becky, and that she should win clean at TLC and she should main event WM against Rousy. Let Rousey face Charlotte at the Rumble and win, then have Champ vs Champ at Mania.

I think you are all way off base when you say she is a bad heel. The very fact you dislike her and find her distasteful is proof of that.

To speak to her character as to why she acts the way she does, Powder, you said it yourself, she is an entitled princess. She is the self described Queen, someone who is by simple matter of birth better than anyone else, she believes she has the right to speak down to or over the people around her and she gets incredibly hostile when people don't play by her rules. Think of her as the Queen Bitch at high school, super protective of her position and believing she deserve all the attention, all the praise because within the WWE world she has always been justified in holding that position.

Now think of Becky as the Punk Rock chick who doesn't give a fuck and throws out the pre-ordained social structure. Of course the Queen Bee is going to get super hostile towards her because if she wins it upends the social structure that justifies her positon and how she acts. You keep saying 'it was meant to be about Becky' but how would that kind of person ever let something be about someone else?

The positioning of the two characters is brilliant in my mind.
    Last edited by SirSam; 1 Week Ago at 04:52 PM.

@Sir_Samuel

So let's concede the point of positions of the actual talent...

But the announcers (Vince) needs to let the talent hash it out, and not have the announcers fawn all over Charlotte and not Becky.

Yeah. I’ll absoluteky give you that. The commentary is absolutely ham fisted in how it deals with things. In commentary Vince was never capable of subtlety himself and that trait has certainly flown over into how he directs the commentators now.

@Sir_Samuel