Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Samoa Joe

I'm kind of sad. R-Truth was killing it as US champion. I wish they'd stuck with him. Not least because I found the idea of a 47 year old Truth having a 41 year old Cena as a childhood hero frigging hilarious.

I get why Angle faced Joe last night, and I bet that Angle asked to face Joe, from all of their history in TNA. The beginning of their match last night was an awesome call back to their first encounter face to face in TNA, when Joe headbutted Angle in the exact same manner.

BUT what I didn't like was that Joe, who has always been booked to lose in big matches lost. While the commentators fawned all over Joe, talking him up, saying things like "Joe is the most dangerous man in the WWE", Joe still lost.

I get why, to give Angle one last TV win, and I also understand why it was Joe, (the only other person it could have been who is still in the WWE and has history with Joe is either HHH, Cena, or even Shane), but Joe should not have lost.

So how long does Joe hold this title for?

What are the chances he gets to the end of the year?

End of the year, probably not, but hopefully at least until SummerSlam. Based on SD, it seems like Strowman is moving over to challenge Joe for the Title.
    Last edited by Powder; 04-11-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Ooohhh Face KO would be a damn good matchup.

I always wondered what happened in the match against Reigns last year. You just know they would have been itching to beat the stuffing out of each other but for some reason they spent what felt like half of it in a rest hold.

I edited the post, b/c I forgot when I typed it that Strowman came out and challenged Joe swetting up a feud, and also the Orton RKO on Ali followed by KO stunning Rusev. I just posted in KOs thread that I think that will lead into an "anything you can do I can do better feud" between KO and Orton.

From what I've heard it sounds like they are doing the 'Mysterio family' angle again, just with Joe this time. Kinda surprised that they are carrying on with this given how decisive the 'Mania match was. I'd have thought they'd have wanted to use that as more of a springboard.

Or maybe that would make too much sense, I dunno.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

^ Just to follow on from that, seems it was the complete opposite of a springboard given Rey returned the favour (even if the dodgy pin offers a way out).

But the curse of 50/50 booking strikes again?

Does it count as 50/50 if one wrestler has a way out?

Hmm. Interesting thought.

Anyway, Joe confirmed @ Extreme Rules against Kofi Kingston for the WWE title.

That could be a lot of fun. Joe doesn't have the pace he once did, but I really enjoyed him refreshing his old X Division sort of vibe against Ricochet. His match against Kofi might follow a similar pattern.

He doesn't have the pace, but like many older stars, he's modified his style. His work is still very impressive, even at a slower pace (which matches most WWE main event style matches anyways).

Just saw this on Twitter, feel like it says a lot about Joe's current positioning.

Samoa Joe Fun Fact: he has been in eight world championship matches, making him the WWE superstar to compete in the most of those without one day becoming champion. This makes him the second biggest loser in the past thirty years (British Bulldog tops the list at 10).